ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A more detailed description of the Clio 197.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
It will take along time to grow on me. But it does have a 6 speed box :evil:

05 Plate MG ZR 105 Trophy
I really am starting to like 197:). Maybe its not as fast as the 182, but as long as its a "real and fun car to drive". It should do the RenaultSport brand proud.

With all the hothatches coming out from the likes of Vauxhall (with there Corsa GSI), Peugeot (207 GTI) and the new Honda Civic type r. Its going to get really tough for Renault to stay on top.

Clio 04 172 Cup
Hummm! Not as fast as it should be but Im sure someone will sort out a new map for it. Still think my cup looks better!

Tesla MP3 2021
...but then again the new ctr apparantly is only going to have the 197bhp engine because the japs are focusing on handling rather than speed;)

Clio 04 172 Cup
Honda do need to sort out the handeling of CTR. My mate has one and they do not handle as well as my cup! Although the new one looks well trick!

Mk1 V6 Import
The 197 has cracked the 100BHP/Litre benchmark! Thats pretty cool. And for those who believe that the 197 some how will be slower than the 172/182 varaiants....I doubt it very much. Not a hell of a lot quicker, but certainly not slower. 0-62 in 6.9 so thats 60 in about 6.4/5....same as my 172 cup was. I would expect it to be quicker in the real world than on paper though. Its another welcome evolution to the renault sport range and definately moves the clio on in looks, quality and technical design. Its more abng for you buck than the OUTGOING 182/CUP/TROPHY.

Now hear this....It shan't be long until you all want one! Remember when the Mk2 172 came out....oh, everybody hated it and now...guess what? You all love it....it'll be the same with this....everybody always wants the new kid on the block....not many of you will admit it though! I prefer the 3.0 rear wheel drive mid engined Lutecia variety ones though and next to that I'm a sucker for brown M&M's...;.)

This is the 1st varient of the new clio sport. What will be next? Cup 197? 207? 207 Cup? Renault F1 210?

Remember when the 172 came out, look how many varients we have had since?

This is just the 1st, I would wait a year and see what the Clio sport loks like then

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
^^^^ This man makes sense. At least wait 6-12 months to a) look at how stable prices are and b) to see if they release a cup version which is supposed to be significantly lighter than the standard 197. Personally i'll be keeping my 182 for at least 2 years and then maybe look at it then.

Nissan Pulsar N14 SSS
There is a master plan...

The RS Clio 197 gets:
- great new Brembo brakes
- great new front end (twin axel)
- gets electric assist steering due to previous point
- gets great new wheels that look sh"£ hot!
- gets a great new 6-speed transmission
- gets a great new airbag and safety upgrade
- gets a much better side profile
- gets a great new shape, and the diffuser and side vents look well done
- gets a breathed-on F4R engine, with some great F1 technology involved
- gets that great exhaust system - I luv it.

Most of the stuff are from the Megane (hence the electric steering - down side, but came with the package - but its been calibrated for the 197...

There is a master plan... look towards 2010...

So maybe the RS Megane 225 will die soon... then the Clio will get a turbo... and away we goooooo...

Anyhow, I'm getting a RS 197 as sson as I can get my greedy hands on it.

Cheers,

Phil.

Turbos.
Something i have noticed whilst browsing threads in the Other Marques forum is that a lot of people don't appreciate anything other than performance. In my humble opinion, quality, comfort and safety is something Renault needed to improve with the New Clio and i'm glad they have. Sure, the car has got a bit more bloated, but it's hardly a Mk5 Golf is it?!

The Clio 182 is a pretty terrible all round car, it goes wrong and feels so cheap to sit in. I have a feeling some people have got their blinkers on and just haven't tried other cars like a CTR, Golf, Mini etc. and refuse to accept their merits.

So for gods sake, welcome the New Clio Sport with open arms and give it a chance!