ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Accord Type R VS 172 CUP?

20vt Fiat Coupe(182 Sold)
Well, well, well. I finally decided to take on this guys offer. From more or less a rolling start, i was ahead, by quite a bit to. On a second run, from a rolling start, he was ahead by about 2-3 car lenghts. Straight road btw.

Focus RS mk1
strange that buddy, maybe yours is down on a little power. my friend had a saxo vts and in a straight line after 50 i pulled away atleast 4-5car lengths up to 110 that was when mine was standard

clio trophy No56
My mate used to have a ATR, i could keep up with him on the twistys without too much problem in the Trophy. Only had one go against him on a straight from approx 30mph in 2nd gear, waited till he put his foot down then i did also, i pulled towards him slightly in 2nd then more in 3rd and 4th. I could have passed him but it would have been stupid speeds so just stopped behind him. When we pulled up he said he was flooring it, that i was catching him quite quickly and that i could have passed him.
The ATR's are nice cars and handle very well due to the LSD, big cars though.

Well, well, well. I finally decided to take on this guys offer. From more or less a rolling start, i was ahead, by quite a bit to. On a second run, from a rolling start, he was ahead by about 2-3 car lenghts. Straight road btw.

Ned! ;)

MCS R56
Well my 182 struggled to keep up with a C2 VTS on the straight. RS are not that quick imo

Mare. You need Nos!

Sounds like you can't drive or your car is busted. There is a reasonable difference in performance between these cars.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
tbh theres fack all in it between renaultsports and the ATRs. the ATR felt more stable round long sweeping corners, when i'd be worried about losing the back end in the clio.

I think i slightly fettled cup might have the edge, but if he's in vtec all the time you might just struggle.

172 Cup
The ATR's are pretty quick, what are they like for tuning potential? as i had one on my bumper an couldnt shake him lol bloody rapid

182,mx-5 mk1,mev sonic 7
raced my bro several times last week in straight line and the clio 182 was all over it especially in midrange could see petrol vapor coming out his 2 exhaust when he was redlining it lol not alot in it tbh.

OLR

Ph1 172 and Red 197
"Well my 182 struggled to keep up with a C2 VTS on the straight"

Yep happend 2 me to "I was going 50mph and he was going 70+ he just kept pulling away" :(

C2 vts 125bhp 8.2 0-60mph

1 second is like what 4-6 car lengths??

172 Cup
A RS Clio runnning on 3 cylinders would be a more even match for a C2VTS! Id get your car looked at if you are struggling to keep up with one!

Artic 182
Why do so many RS owners underestimate the JP/JP4 engine, it packs a punch far higher than its bhp

182,mx-5 mk1,mev sonic 7
raced my bro several times last week in straight line and the clio 182 was all over it especially in midrange could see petrol vapor coming out his 2 exhaust when he was redlining it lol not alot in it tbh.

should of said me in my 182.....vs my older brother in his accord type R

Ph2 172
I am actually considering getting rid of my RS172 for an ATR. RS Clio's are particularly over rated imn my opinion. I would much rather be driving a ten year old Honda everyday than my 5 year old Clio!

Artic 182
Yeah, sorry I mean what do you mean by they punch far higher than it's bhp?

I mean that they are not all about figures. The gearbox's are very well suited to the engines and the weight of the car is a huge advantage. Not to mention how fast the engine pick-up is due to the slim valves and exceptionally engineered heads

MCS R56
I mean that they are not all about figures. The gearbox's are very well suited to the engines and the weight of the car is a huge advantage. Not to mention how fast the engine pick-up is due to the slim valves and exceptionally engineered heads

Ah, ok.