ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Aliens vs Predator - Official thread

Meg R26, Nissan 200sx S13
downloaded the demo last night but fel asleep before it finished, will give it a go tonight, got a feeling its gonna be a let down reading the comments though, i was wel up for this game :(

Po-LOW
DISAGREE.

If your a call of duty FAN boy though you won't like it! :)

roffle - whats COD got to do with anything?

if u actually like this parp then good for you, within 28 days of release itll be lining bargain bins and special offers all over the show, shud be able to get urself a copy for sub 20 notes no beef

also, thinking about it i think the game i played in the saturn may have been alien trilogy. memory fail

Nissan 350z

This is true though. I played marine expecting it to be similiar to MW2 but its so horrible in comparison. The marines animations, movement etc all feels like a stiff robot in comparison to how well MW2 flows so to speak.

Its hard to explain but when you download the demo try out marine and try running around, trying to aim and strafe etc. It all feels so clunky like FPS's used to do on the Nintendo64! :dead:

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
DISAGREE.

LOL i am but also play Battlefield which i'd say was almost as slow... i dislike it because everything about it sucks. The weapons are w**k, its too dark, the movement is s**t, the graphics are s**t, the menus are s**t

Its basically s**t.

This is true though. I played marine expecting it to be similiar to MW2 but its so horrible in comparison. The marines animations, movement etc all feels like a stiff robot in comparison to how well MW2 flows so to speak.

Its hard to explain but when you download the demo try out marine and try running around, trying to aim and strafe etc. It all feels so clunky like FPS's used to do on the Nintendo64! :dead:

It reminded me of playing on my PS2

Meg R26, Nissan 200sx S13
its certainly different anyway, the graphics are poor, the surroundings texture looks pretty flat and 2D. will give it a few more games.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Possibly the worst demo I've ever played. They've done a good job of convincing me not to buy this.

LY 200
Anyone remember Aliens/Trilogy for PS1? I still have mine at home somewhere.

Alien%20Trilogy_4.png

Hope AVP is a good as that.

I do. :D

It was a great game, i've still got it.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
played the demo eventually by getting a mate on. the predator is by far too good against a human, hope they dont use anything from that demo cos this game has alot of potential to be good.

Mito Sportiva 135
The demo was awful! Really boring and repetitive multiplayer, not that tense, marins are rubbish compared to aliens and predators, aliens look awful and no sense of atmosphere or anything.

Hope the full game is better!

Yeah I think TDM would have been a better choice.

I find I can kick ass with any specie, just need to adjust your tactics.
I actually prefer the Marine as I find it more challenging!

And I've just read that the full version for the PC will have DEDIs, so I may be purchasing it for PC instead of 360. :D

Mini Cooper
I actually really like this, not sure whether I'm swayed because i love the movies so much. I love when your a marine and you just catch a glance of an alien tail or something and it's like oh crap. I think the single player campaign will be more fun than online.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
roffle - whats COD got to do with anything?

if u actually like this parp then good for you, within 28 days of release itll be lining bargain bins and special offers all over the show, shud be able to get urself a copy for sub 20 notes no beef

also, thinking about it i think the game i played in the saturn may have been alien trilogy. memory fail

You might have a point - it's got to those levels already!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002BA52KA/?tag=cliospnet01-21

D.

I still think this will be the best game mode! :D

8 Marines vs 1 Predator.

[YOUTUBE]W5UbuUZRDkA[/YOUTUBE]

Followed by these two!

[YOUTUBE]qqETVxjguNc[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]1FV0DR-sGrE[/YOUTUBE]

Audi TT 225 Quattro
just been playing this with a few friends for the last hour (on ps3). it plays well imo, graphics are better than expected after reading some of the comments in this thread lol. anyway i'll be buying it next week:D

Clio 182
Lol in those trailer the Marines get owned....

I remember playing AvP on the Atari Jaguar, that was awesome lol

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
I'm still not sure about this game. Playing with mates on the demo, it was fun.

Being the Marine is ok, stick together with shotguns ftw.
Graphics are a bit hit and miss, but it's only the demo.
Oh and being Alien is far too fun :D

Love stalking Marines and hissing above them then dropping on them, LOL.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
Playing it on 360 (mates) is really good for solo fun. Marine campaign is a bit jumpy as you're in the dark a fair bit and graphics are great.

Normally there are at least 4 sites giving any game 10/10 in the metacritic roundup, even the crappest game can be guaranteed a '100' from some dodgy spanish game web site.

68 overall is about right, what I said earlier 6.5-7 ;)

Surprised at IGN tbh they and Gamespot (along with Eurogamer) do the most reliable reviews out there, quite a difference between IGN and GS and they are usually very close!

Clio 197 FF
I think the Marine and Predator missions are good but the Alien missions are a bit poor. Also seems like a very short game. Seems to play very fast but maybe this is because Ive gotten used to playing Bioshock 2. Not played the multiplayer yet though.