ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Aliens vs Predator - Official thread

ive got it two days early whoop whoop :) but i cant bloody play it cause im away from home how gayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

cant wait to load it up :)

Not a 320d
Well i just completed the predator campaign.

Kinda reminded me of what they did with Tombraider in some ways, the remakes were dog s**t. Just like this is. Its short, its lacking in most ways and i did not once hear the predator do its manly roar, all it seems to do is grunt and make its stupid clicking sound.

All the time.

Cutscene - predator stands there like a buffoon. Click click click click.

Then the aliens, sound like some kind of elephant sped up.

Seems a bit cheesy actually, bit like the tombraider thing again. nothing like the origionals. I was a big fan of the origionals.

HOW SHORT ARE THE CAMPAIGNS. Pretty gutted, i feel almost as dissapointed as when they released the new soldier of fortune, after playing them through time and time again taking pleasure in shooting people and laughing when their guts were hanging out or seeing a shotgun remove limbs, only to find the new one has s**t graphics, over exaggerated HDR lighting and bloom effects, along with being able to take a pistol and move someones arm with one bullet.

S3, Polo

They are! :)

IIRC - In the special features from the movies the alien noises were apparently made by accident.

The sound designer went to the zoo to grab some sounds and whilst capturing a peac0ck sound an elephant made a noise. When reviewing the sounds they liked the peac0ck/ elephant sound and that made it into the alien movies.

:)

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
not finding it that short, i'm on 30% marine campaign, given it prob 3 hours maybe? therefore, i'm expecitng 9 out of it? seems about right

Engles Mummy
What a pile of crap. I've just bought it and it's already back in the case ready to be returned! f**king c***s!

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
whats wrong with the controls and grapphics?!??! weirdo!! it's the same fps controls as every other game in the world!? whats wrong with the graphics?

bah you lot r uesless

Engles Mummy
whats wrong with the controls and grapphics?!??! weirdo!! it's the same fps controls as every other game in the world!? whats wrong with the graphics?

bah you lot r uesless

and you call yourself a bmw driver? b**ch please!

TBH I've not touched the campaigns yet! Only done MP! :D

Well i just completed the predator campaign.

Kinda reminded me of what they did with Tombraider in some ways, the remakes were dog s**t. Just like this is. Its short, its lacking in most ways and i did not once hear the predator do its manly roar, all it seems to do is grunt and make its stupid clicking sound.

All the time.

Cutscene - predator stands there like a buffoon. Click click click click.

Seems a bit cheesy actually, bit like the tombraider thing again. nothing like the origionals. I was a big fan of the origionals.

HOW SHORT ARE THE CAMPAIGNS. Pretty gutted, i feel almost as dissapointed as when they released the new soldier of fortune, after playing them through time and time again taking pleasure in shooting people and laughing when their guts were hanging out or seeing a shotgun remove limbs, only to find the new one has s**t graphics, over exaggerated HDR lighting and bloom effects, along with being able to take a pistol and move someones arm with one bullet.

Civic Type S GT
Anyone remember Aliens/Trilogy for PS1? I still have mine at home somewhere.

Alien%20Trilogy_4.png

Hope AVP is a good as that.

God I remember that! It was scary as hell back in the day!

bah you lot r uesless

Controls for moving an alien are just really awkward, it sticks to surfaces and its very disorientating.

As for the graphics they are just meh compared to even the recent crop of multicraps let alone too some of the PS3 exclsuives!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Controls for moving an alien are just really awkward, it sticks to surfaces and its very disorientating.

As for the graphics they are just meh compared to even the recent crop of multicraps let alone too some of the PS3 exclsuives!

I'm guessing you'll need a keyboard and mouse to make it easy - the previous versions were a piece of piss to control. ;)

D.

Mito Sportiva 135
Played it, and thought it was very weak. Felt at least 3 or 4 years behind the current crop of games. The licenses were used ok as far as I could tell, but it just wasn't very fun.

The multiplayer was also very disappointing, and compared to the likes of MW2 it is just very dull.

Controlling the alien in the dark also gave me a bit of a headache.