ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another 1.8 16v cliosport conversion

Some of a Clio 1.8 16v
Moo goes out to check on the goal posts, but can't see them for anything!
Someone must have moved them...

...again! :rolleyes:

alfa 145/Clio 197cup
AWSOME

absolutely awsome.

just spent about 3 hours reading this from page one.

well done to you both. that roof is pure p**n.

i know your saving for an engine rebuild but those rubbing strips on the doors in carbon would just about finish the car off.

:cool::cool:

E92 M3 Monte Carlo
wouldnt it be worth just sorting the engine out for now and use it after the amount of money thats already been spent

clio williams
WHAT THE f**k!!!!!
i was reading the thread from the page 1 to 39...
i'm f**king impresive! excellent job mate!i'm very surprise with the carbon roof!!!!
please send me some info about the lightweight doors!!! i have a bonnet and tailgate,both carbon fibre and i'm looking for the doors!

thanks for your time!

thanasis

Some of a Clio 1.8 16v
Right, satge 2 (or whatever it is now) begins. Undoing or redoing work begins to just completely FINISH the car and make it the fire breathing animal it deserves.
We've begun to strip it, its currently got no air filter (sorry Moo), inlet manifold and engine cover.
We've also removed the wheels for sale for some 15''s as in most pictures and angles the car looks really tall and thin, which we didn't really like, so this is now how it sits

07022009151.jpg

07022009153.jpg

So here it begins again :S

SQ5
You only did this because you wanted this thread to live on didn't you ;)

I'm glad you are though, last couple months had nothing to read on here!

Woznaldo

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault 5 GT Turbo
Now that was an epic read but, more than worth it!!

A superb effort and everything seems to be well thought out with even better execution.

Can't wait for the next episode (Dr Dre plays in the background):cool:

Some of a Clio 1.8 16v
Not a massive update again but page 3 of the project section was looming so I thought I'd keep you lot posted.
Once again we've been on a bit of a sell up and the car is looking more sorry for itself now, but oddly the pictures of the engine bay are also a sign of things to come:D

21022009177.jpg

21022009178.jpg

21022009171.jpg

21022009172.jpg

TRUMPETS!!!

Some of a Clio 1.8 16v
Right we've been quiet of late owing to Moo's phone breaking meaning we didn't have a camera.
We've been doing a bit of buying shiney things to keep us motivated and they arrived Friday!
Looking at them, they are THE RIGHT WHEELS for the Clio and we're sure that this time the car will be what it always should have been with all the standard parts and questionnable decisions rectified.

08032009005.jpg

08032009011.jpg

08032009008.jpg

LOL

08032009010.jpg

We've also finally managed to find the enthusiasm to go and start stripping the car for the next episode! Trying not to blow our own trumpets here but having worked on modified cars in the past, the way this car comes apart, makes all the time and effort to make it correct when building it seems more worth while than ever

08032009001.jpg

Its not the clearest picture but this is the bulkhead covered in oil from the engine failure. Infact everthing towards the rear of the engine was covered in oil!

08032009002.jpg

08032009003.jpg

08032009004.jpg

When we removed the engine we noticed the cam belts seemed to be a little slack between the cams which had Moo very worried out the cambelt we did on the engine.
But when we got the cambelt cover off the tensioner was still tight and in the correct position and the engine seemed to still time up!
Then we noticed a large amount to play in the phaser which was quite a relief as we suspected this was poorly as we also had a slight rattle from the top end at ceratin revs.

th_08032009001-1.jpg

So we're not quite back to step 1 but we're certainly back to page 22.
But as I said before hopefully sorting the standard engine and Halfords wheels, this car will finally be the car it always should have been.

Cheers for looking

Beanie and Moo

'92 172, Lotus Elise
Trying not to blow our own trumpets here but having worked on modified cars in the past, the way this car comes apart, makes all the time and effort to make it correct when building it seems more worth while than ever

knowsit, the way mine comes apart now is amazing - hence engine out in 90mins

my inlet dephaser

th_DSCF1444.jpg

are they built to break or something :rolleyes: