ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another whats it worth... M Plate 16V

Clio 16V
Hello,

Apologies for my first post being one about potentially selling my Clio! I've just found out about this website from a friend, and he said it'd be worth posting this up here before I made any decision on what I wanted to do with my Clio.

She's a 93 plate, blue 16V, with black leather interior. Done 102K, Renault 19 rims, 6 months tax, 12 months MOT, Alpine head unit, RF 6x9s, Kenwood mids up front. She is in fair condition, little bit of shopping trolley rash, and the driver's seat has usual butt bolster wear but otherwise clean. Only other niggle is the sunroof not err.. sunroofing. It just clicks. :(

Still any help, pointers in the right direction, advice etc would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
:)

Clio 16V
Damn, that was fast! That's kinda what I had hoped for with the sunroof being a chocolate fireguard. Thanks for the response.

Does anyone know if this sunroof problem is common on these cars?

Clio 16V
It's a "feature" then :)

I'm tempted to take a look at it, but then I remember the nightmare my mate had with a Corrado doing the same thing... ...mmmmaybe not. lol.

Clio 16V
Arrrg! Got in the car to drive to the station this morning and the bloody passenger window has stopped working now! Is this another feature? Does anyone have a link for a how-to on either:

a) getting the door card off
b) fixing the sunroof?

Cheers

Grr. :dapprove:

It's probably the switch or the motor on the passenger window if I remember correctly, but I'm afraid I don't think there's any guides to these at the moment!

Fancy doing a picture guide as you go along? ;)

Clio 16V
I could be persuaded... :)

"this is me, screwdriver in hand. this is me trying to get hte door card off. this is me getting irate. this is me jumping up and down. this is me sitting quietly in the corner sobbing" lol.

I've tried getting the door card of before, and despite my best efforts of removing every posidrive/torx screw/bolt I could find all I managed was to get the bottom bin off the door. But the rest was still wedged! I don't wanna damage the door card, but I really do miss my passenger window!

BMW M3 - For Sale!
can you open the passenger window from the control on the drivers side or are they both dead?

B18c6 CRX, Filthy Clio
I had exactly the same problem with my valver, and I found the easy option was to replace the whole door.

Do they really sell for over a grand even though it's a 1993 model?

Clio 16V
Haynes? Nope, thats an after thought in most cases lol. She's in bits, now how do I put it back together? :D Will the haynes cover the 16v interior then?

BradRT - both controls are deaded. Have tried jiggling the switch about, but since I can't get the card off I'm kinda limited in what I can do.

I've been toying with replacing the door, I swear thats the reason Renault make it nigh on impossible to repair! Let me guess, the door comes as a sealed unit with a big sticker saying "NO USER SERVICEABLE PARTS INSIDE" and one part number lol ;)

Clio 16V
OK, so yesterday we had both door cards off and got the multi meter out. Oy, what a pain. The passenger switch on the driver's side is getting power (not the 12v lighting circuit btw), but the passenger switch isn't getting anything and as a result nor is the motor... so somewhere between the drivers switch and passenger switch there is a break or short or something - any ideas before I go ripping the dash out?! rah.

thanks

Clio 16V
LH and RH are individually fused, both fuses check out OK and I've even swapped them for a giggle. 100% not fuse related methinks. :(