ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

AP22 Results-Mk2 172-Paddy’s

320d M Sport

Right then, first off big thanks to Adi (Adiclio16V-nice motor BTW).

Been doing testing all this week with Adis Ap22, tried it on damp, dry, wet roads from Tuesday through to tonight, tried it on all kinda different roads as well to try to get an average reading.

Best time 1/4 mile time was 14.73, terminal speed 94.summat. 0-60 in 6.39 on that one. Rest averaged between 14.79 to 14.9. I could pretty much get each one to less than 15 secs with a half decent start. On the ones where i did light the tyres up 0-60 was 7.1 and 1/4 mile was 15.1.

0-100 was generally 6.6 to 60 and high 16s to 100.

Not bad eh? Quite pleased with that and well see how i do at York:devilish:

320d M Sport

i know!! wonder how accurate though? Car is standard except for 1000 layers of Autoglym wax.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

I had an AP22 for one day and sold it tonight. Good bit of kit but I get bored easily!!

clio 20v

yeh i agree red paints worth at least 20 brake

my launch technique is press go pedal and drop clutch hehe

couldnt comment on 172 as never driven one a valver requires lot of revs so you dont bog it down a willy doesnt need as much

adi

Adi / Paddy - can you give me some of the text files from the AP22 from your cars (inc. if possible roughly how much fuel you had on board and the temperature as displayed)? Want to have a play with Excel and my AP22 data.

320d M Sport

Rhys, dont know the temps but runs were mainly done between 8 and 10 at night through most of this week? Would have probably had about £5 worth of fuel. Forgot to mention that on that quickest run it said my peak bhp was 152BHP! (same figure it was RR at). Ive saved some of the 1/4 mile times so hopefully Adi can download the data?

until you get get in calibrated for your car a santa pod it will be out.

not by much but it will be out until then.

see you at the next rwyb day :-[)

320d M Sport

the weight and the COE Drag was put in correctly, i believe all u need to do is find a flat straight road?

I think the timings are supposed to be pretty accurate right out of the box. Im definitely going to take it to a RWYB day to find out though. Something not quite right about those 1/4 mile times, but then again Paddys car does seem to be a quick one, so we shall see at York soon.....!

williams and trophy

hehe oh yeah

yorks on soon innit lol

looks like the back seats n spare will be avin to come out this year

an il try to have less than 3/4 tank of juice

Ill come along too. Dont want to run my car, but Id like someone to take the AP22 down the strip with them a few times so I can see how accurate it is.

Rhys

williams and trophy

yeah il b up for that lol

like you say rhys take it down the strip n see how accurate it is

At York, Paddy. The strip at York! Id been reading higher up the post about going to York to test your car out......not from some traffic lights!!!

320d M Sport

i see!! wat i meant was when i give adi his AP22 this week well have a blast from the lights near me?! Did u mean when we go york put the AP22 in the car at the same time? hmm, not a bad idea...... although the extra weight may slow me down

williams and trophy

lol...tell u wot paddy if craggys got his car mount for his cam il take that..

shud even the weight out a bit lol

ps ill point it sideways ....u shud be in view then lol

320d M Sport

haha, is anyone going to the cruise in jobbie on saturday night? might be easier for me to find if i see a load of clios drivin there!!

williams and trophy

u comin the r/r day arent u?

make a fukkin weekend of it mate n join us in our scalp hunt lol

williams and trophy

lol jus read it again haha

i meant the cruise round donny next sat nite....

hehe a posse of clios scalping the local exotica lol

williams and trophy

lol nowt new there then

rite this sat is the r/r day

sat nite cruisin round donny

sun donny car show

thyen easter monday its york

320d M Sport

right got it, dont think i can do the donny cruisin thing, but im booked for the rest!! traffic will be a b**ch on easter monday too, feck.