ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Arctic 182.... (foxee) an owners diary

Clio 182
Well after owning various cars (bmw cooper S, puma's, zafira GSI etc etc) and getting heavily involved in french tin previously in the form of 106's and being part of the 106 owners club for a couple of years and having two well known cars on there:

http://i804.photobucket.com/albums/yy328/robj2502/IMG_1743.jpg

http://i804.photobucket.com/albums/yy328/robj2502/Cherry129155.jpg

I had had enough of small cars and thought I would get something a little bigger so I moved away from french and bought an Impreza:

http://i804.photobucket.com/albums/yy328/robj2502/IMG_1948.jpg

which I liked but it was an absolute pig to work on so after not very long and being a hot hatch man at heart I fancied a change so swapped the impreza for an artic blue 182 (pictures from advert):

T2eC16NkE9s4Z-vHSBRGsbgh260_57_zps1dd345e8.jpg

KGrHqJo4FDOHHfh6qBRGscW1tg60_57_zps5d4f6968.jpg

KGrHqFhEFEWjswijBRGsbqJOSQ60_57_zps2d11243c.jpg

KGrHqVhMFEFOUcCW3BRGsb3HnDw60_57_zps54d7d5fd.jpg

as far as I can tell it is FF 182 with virtually brand new aftermarket speedline turini's otherwise it is completely standard in everyway. it has done just over 100k and has a few little problems:

Steering wheel is worn (not the thumb grips surprisingly!!)
exhaust mounts are shot
Exhaust is blowing from centre to back box joint (not badly)
passenger seat doesnt slide
steering feels a little loose as does the front end (not badly but just enough to not feel right)
rear brakes could do with replacement
wear to gear knob
excessive movement from engine mounts
some paint blemishes/small dents/scratches/swirl marks

So not a massive list and certainly nothing too serious and probably to be expected from a car with over 100k on it.
Hopefully these will be addressed in the very future and I will get some better pictures of it hopefully in the next few days once its had a decent clean and polish

Clio 182
Well finally managed to give it a decent clean and polish but it was p**sing it down so no outdoor pictures but here's one post clean in my works carpark:
Clio01014_zpsa32c2693.jpg

I have also fitted a new steering wheel so removed this:
Clio02005_zps3f941bbd.jpg

Fitted the boss (as a side note to this the OMP boss doesnt fit the CC plug through it without a fair bit of filing!!!)
Clio02006_zpsf79ba211.jpg

fitted these 3.9ohm resistors to remove the airbag light:
Clio02007_zps10f3e428.jpg

Clio02009_zps040179a6.jpg

I also made these so that I could use the OMP horn button:
Clio02008_zpse1777250.jpg

and the finished result:
Clio01034_zps559d3ebc.jpg

and and you can just about see from the pic above I have also bought a carbon gearknob cover with blue decals:
Clio02011_zps18aba833.jpg

Whilst messing about with this little lot I have also temporarily bodged the exhaust mounts (with some cut up mounts from my old impreza and some cable ties) so that the exhaust now sits pretty square and at the correct height.

Hopefully will be buying the parts to give the suspension a refresh in the next week or so and I may also get the poly dog bone mounts at the same time which should sharpen the car up a great deal.

More pictures to come if the weather's good :)

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Looks lovely mate. But it doesn't have a cup spoiler so it's not a FF. It may have cup packed suspension though.

Cup spoilers come up for sale quite often and it is probably the best modification you can do imo.

I bought mine from Autocrash off here.

Clio 182
Thanks very much

I thought FF was the term for the standard car with all the toys then you could have FF plus cup suspension, FF plus both cup packs (FF cup) or am I mistaken??

The cup spoiler is something I am looking out for as I agree with you they look much better than the standard jobbie.

Anyone have any idea if the cup spoiler is still available from Renault and if so how much?

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
A full fat is a non cup 182 with both cup packs ie suspension and cup spoiler.

I'm guessing that a new cup spoiler from Renault (if they still do them) will be astronomical money.

Keep an eye on the for sale section on here ans also watch out on eBay as they sometimes come up on there too.

Might be worth pinging a message to Autocrash (find him in the traders section) he might have one waiting to be painted.

Clio 182
A full fat is a non cup 182 with both cup packs ie suspension and cup spoiler.

I'm guessing that a new cup spoiler from Renault (if they still do them) will be astronomical money.

Keep an eye on the for sale section on here ans also watch out on eBay as they sometimes come up on there too.

Might be worth pinging a message to Autocrash (find him in the traders section) he might have one waiting to be painted.

As above I stand corrected :)

I just missed one on ebay in the correct colour aswell :(

I will check out autocrash and see what they have

Clio 182
Well as can be seen below I finally managed to get some pictures outside in sunlight which I am happy about but whilst giving the car a good clean and also clearing some items off my to do list I have a few more to add so:

The old to do list plus additions:

Steering wheel is worn: Now replaced with OMP WRC however service and ESP lights are now up (think this is something to do with the clock spring/squib that tells the car the steering angle being in the wrong position but cant get it to work even after realigning the sight glass and dot)
Exhaust mounts are shot temporarily repaired
Exhaust is blowing from centre to back box joint (not badly)
passenger seat doesnt slide
steering feels a little loose as does the front end (This is getting progressively worse)
rear brakes could do with replacement
wear to gear knob now replaced with a carbon piece as above
excessive movement from engine mounts
some paint blemishes/small dents/scratches/swirl marks/scuffs/stone chips
Front tyres are in need of replacement as they are cracking/worn/look old in actual fact all 4 tyres could do with replacement as they are cheap nexan rubbish
Oil on top of the cam cover
Oil down the block (cant be bad leaks as no drips under the car maybe related to the above)
Oil looks old/dirty
Front seat belts are scruffy/dirty/starting to fray a tiny bit
Parcel shelf is cracked in the middle
headlights are crazed/discoloured

Anyways enough of the bad news here's some pictures outside as promised:

Clio03041_zpsc691634e.jpg

Clio03040_zps879674be.jpg

Clio03016_zps01680f61.jpg

Clio03013_zpse5695220.jpg

Clio03009_zpsb7d3eabe.jpg