ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Aucky's Trophy.. Progress Thread

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
oulton2012-057.jpg

I forgot to say, here I am getting tips from 2006/7 Clio Cup driver Phil Head.

Really great instructor and a bargain at only £10.

182trophy & Williams
what did you pay for the sachs mate? mine are still original on 42k, was planning on getting them re-built next year but would be good to know how much renault want for the now

182trophy & Williams
im out the loop on clio trophy, ever since they updated the website i cant sign in, have e-mailed etc but kinda forgot about it tbh. Did you buy standard or these r1 twingo sachs? at a grand a piece BG re-build might be the better route, but £500 a piece i can live with. I'm going to pop to renault when i get my trophy back and see what they can do them for.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
I paid £473 x 2 I think, there's some confusion over stock at the moment though.

There's also doubts about the longevity of refurbed units from BG, a lot of them seem to be failing prematurely.

Someone recently fitted some R1 dampers, they look identical tbh. A couple have also moved to H&R coilovers too.

Trophy #267
Good stuff :) Didn't realise he was a cup driver ! I had 2 sessions with him and did some very good things and learnt loads.

im out the loop on clio trophy, ever since they updated the website i cant sign in, have e-mailed etc but kinda forgot about it tbh. Did you buy standard or these r1 twingo sachs? at a grand a piece BG re-build might be the better route, but £500 a piece i can live with. I'm going to pop to renault when i get my trophy back and see what they can do them for.

I have the Twingo R1 dampers fitted. They are pretty much identical to the original Sachs, so much so that they are now the official replacement items for the Trophy. Renault dealership want anything up to £1400 each for these, however, I have contacted the official Renaultsports parts supplier and they can do them for £635 each. However, they are willing to offer further discount for a group buy. You can find more info here if you are interested:
http://www.cliotrophy.co.uk/forum/s...ible-group-buy-on-the-Sachs-Twingo-R1-dampers

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
A few little updates..

- New PAS pump
- Eibach camber bolts fitted
- Powerflex dogbone bushes fitted
- New Bosch Aerotwin wipers
- Enhancement detail finished in CQUK+Reload

Alignment setup at BLiNK due 27/3/13

197 Cams & ARP Bolts + Timing/Map at MWM due 02/04/13

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Haha!

Just had a read of your project thread, hadn't realised how effort has gone in it, looks really well for it though. Really intrigued to see how it performs at oulton with the 197 cams and RS2 fitted. :D

Me too. It might make up for my early braking!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Very jealous mate. Stunning little thing.

Is the exhaust in your avi the orbisound?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
No don't, great Avatar mate. Great exhaust system btw, they always seem to sit bang on.

Sound okay?