ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Aucky's Trophy.. Progress Thread

Tullyvernon

Northern Ireland
ClioSport Area Rep
  Williams, Focus RS
Not sure where the graph is tbh! Iirc it was 190bhp at last measure. (rpm limit still set to 7500rpm)

Thanks, apologies if I missed that along the thread

Are you still running standard cams?

Tullyvernon

Northern Ireland
ClioSport Area Rep
  Williams, Focus RS
No it's on 197 cams currently.
I see, I was planning on going for the JMS intake at the time they were being planned, but then went for the FRS so didn't bother in the end, they seem to be a good enough mod.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Things are happening.

image.jpg

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
On Trophy Sachs and Mark Fish springs I managed to run 16mm and 10mm spacers (front & rear respectively) with ET35 wheels.

However with a lower ride height and brand new tyres I have my doubts about clearance.

image.jpg

^poke.

So my Renault/Oz F1s are going for refurb. The lower offset should fit.

image.jpg

Somnambulist

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Fantastic read, very inspiring. I've just taken my Sachs off for a refurb with BG and need a new set of springs. Would you recommend Mark Fish? Tried them on circuit yet? Hoping I'm going to have my Sachs back in time for the Renaultsport track day at Oulton next month.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Fantastic read, very inspiring. I've just taken my Sachs off for a refurb with BG and need a new set of springs. Would you recommend Mark Fish? Tried them on circuit yet? Hoping I'm going to have my Sachs back in time for the Renaultsport track day at Oulton next month.
I can say I've tried them extensively on track :)
Yes I would recommend them, they aren't really any more harsh than the standard springs but offer a nice drop.

I believe the Eibach Sportline give a more compliant ride on the road due the progressive wind, if that interests you. Not too sure about the cooksports though. I don't know of anyone who has them on Sachs.

Somnambulist

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
I can say I've tried them extensively on track :smile:
Yes I would recommend them, they aren't really any more harsh than the standard springs but offer a nice drop.
Great thanks aucky! Mark Fish it is then. I had never imagined that these little cars would be so addictive. Or so much of a money pit...

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Interior is 90% back in with the cage. Looks like I'll have to modify the rear door cards to fit around the cage.
Whilst it was out I gave everything a good Hoover and wet-vac.

image.jpg

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Quick headlight refurb this morning.
Not 100% perfect but good enough for now.

- 2500 grit by hand, lots of water until the grit was very degraded
- 4000 grit sanding disc with lime prime plus
- Menzerna PG1000 worked until fully diminished (lots of water top ups) on a green 3M pad and finished with lime prime plus
- Eraser wipe downs and 2 x coats of CQUK14

image.jpg

That'll do pig.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Based on this:

image.jpg

image.jpg

With 600mm from bar to collar bone, the harnesses should cross over with a 50mm spacer between them?
image.jpg

Thought I better ask because most Clios I've seen tend to run them in parallel.
@NorthloopCup

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Based on this:

View attachment 133173
View attachment 133174

With 600mm from bar to collar bone, the harnesses should cross over with a 50mm spacer between them?
View attachment 133175

Thought I better ask because most Clios I've seen tend to run them in parallel.
@NorthloopCup
Measure the distance from the back of the seat mate not from the collar bone. You may well find that its 500mm or less, so in this case you don't need them to x over. I've never seen them crossed when a harness bar has been used in that position tbh.

Clio 172 & BMW 335D
It's most of the benefits of ITBs with none of the drawbacks. For a road going car with cruise control its a good option. If you want all-out power and do mostly track days the. ITBs are the better, more expensive option.
What bhp do you think you are running with it?