ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Batesey's cup turbo

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo
Right just taken on board a new project, a 172 cup , the paintwork is very good but the wheels are in dia need of a refurb as you can see in the pics, i plan on changing them anyway so thats not a problem :)
Plans for the moment are..
Coilovers
Wheels
and possibly a 182 rear bumper and ktec exhaust
the engine bay is filthy so im guna clean that up and ill go from there ;)

Photo175.jpg

Photo174.jpg

Thanks

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo
Re: Bateseys 172..

Quick update:

Coilovers have been bought
Cars been clay'd and polished
interiors been valeted
carbon front badge bought
tow eye bought
and the cars currently at the garage having a new cambelt and water pump
Once its back coilies will go on and the wheels will be bolted to it ;)
WATCH THIS SPACE....

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo

Was fed up of seeing the turini's in such a s**t state so got some wonder wheels on them...
Photo202.jpg

came up loads better , shame they still badly corroded and need refurbing but all in good time..

also carbon front badge and 3/4 plate ;)

coilovers are here ready to go on and i think im guna keep the turini's now so need to borrow some wheels for a week
Photo203.jpg

sorry about the crap pictures, i will buy a decent camera one day :)

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo

clio1.jpg

Picture from yesterday, wheels have been powder coated, coilovers are on ,

Also ordered carbon mirrors caps and a carbon rear badge :)
more updates coming soon...

BlackGold 182

Yeaa loads better with the wheels refurbed mate, mine are going White soon I think

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo

Right since the last update ive added carbon mirror caps and a carbon rear badge, then my old exhaust had about had it so i bought a ktec recessed system from andy on here with a outwardly rolled tip and i love it! was abit of a bugger to fit but got there in the end :) you'll also notice ive dewipered the rear end :)

cliorear.jpg

cliodyno.jpg

cliotrax.jpg

Then put a polished inlet on it and painted an engine cover, shame the heats making the paint go funny but nevermind :/
engine.jpg

Cars going to the bodyshop in the next two weeks fingers crossed to have some work done :D

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo

Some pictures before the car goes into the bodyshop on monday...
bear in mind i havent washed the car in a few days its a tad dirty for my liking ;)
P1010405.jpg

P1010404.jpg

P1010403.jpg

And ive been making these..
P1010398.jpg

still got to finish my fog surrounds but i got the wrong resin and it didnt set so i had to sand it all back , fingers crossed it will be here by monday so i can get em sorted for when they put the bumper back on

Basically its having a few jobs done:
bonnet dedented and repainted with aerocatches
headlight washers smoothed and bumper painted
Front grill resprayed gloss black
Side strips painted to make them glossy blue with carbon bullets
and carbon fog surrounds (fingers crossed) fitted

Will get pics up when i get it back :)

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo

cheers adam guna be good having another one to have pics and stuff with!
As for the exhaust it sounds ace, not too loud at 70mph just nice purr when you boot it, it either has a loose baffle or a guard is loose underneath tho but that ill be sorted when i get a custom decat put on next month :)

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo

Right cars still not back from the bodyshop, think the bonnet had more dents than they originally thought!
Managed to get the carbon finished for them , was out spraying late into the night so i could take them this morning :)
P1010451.jpg

And this arrived in the post this morning....

P1010453.jpg

More updates tomorrow :D

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo

Just picked the car up today :) looks awesome! very happy with it even if it did take longer due to the catches but its made the car so much tidyer having the front end redone and the carbon added :)
P1010454.jpg

P1010455.jpg

P1010457.jpg

Going to fit the ARB tomorrow if i get time, and also if the postman is my friend i may have something else i can get on with :)
Next update will 'proberly' be more carbon ;)

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo

Right so last night after work i got bored so i painted my rear clio badge black, been meaning to do it for a while to match everything else
P1010479.jpg

Then got up this morning to fit my whiteline ARB...
P1010481.jpg

P1010480.jpg

Im really happy with how its made the car, ive set it on the SOFT setting as thats what people recommended, but as you can see my car was hanging as it hadnt been washed for at least 3 days!!! LOL
So out came the dodo juice, autoglym wax for the wheels and tyre gel...
P1010483.jpg

P1010484.jpg

P1010486.jpg

P1010492.jpg

P1010491.jpg

Took my a while as it takes so long to apply but tbh its worth it, its had two coats now..

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo

These arrived today from the group buy, they wont be fitted just yet but ive got them ready...
P1010564.jpg

Also my rear shocks have given up so AP coilovers have been bought, they'll go on once i have pure motorsport top mounts and strut brace to accompany them :)
then that'll be it for a month or two while we get christmas over then i'll start work on the engine bay ;)

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo

Right the vmaxx coilovers werent to my taste, very crashy and when the rear shocks went it gave me an excuse to spend a little...
Today me and my mate fitted these...
P1010576.jpg

P1010578.jpg

P1010582.jpg

P1010583.jpg

AP coilovers, Pure motorsport top mounts and strut brace, First off the quality of these coilovers is great! they have made a big difference and im loving them, then the big thing i love are the top mounts/brace! these are an awesome bit of kit! bit of messing about fitting them as we hadnt done them before but im glad i have them! turning into corners the car now feels so much more planted, all in all very happy with the setup, possibly a rear upper brace next then thats the suspension done and i can move onto the engine bay where the magic will happen :)

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo

The k&n was the only mod on it when i bought it mate, its going once i start on the bay :)

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo

Right been a busy few days, i got rid of my old car last weekend so i spent yesterday and this morning clearing it out of old parts ready for clio stuff ;) had new tyres on the front fitted this morning too then once i got back i started work on it :)

P1010621.jpg

Got the inlet off and as you can see it had gathered plenty of crap up , looks like it hasnt ever been cleaned to be honest

P1010623.jpg

Masked off the inlet and the high temp black i used before has scratched off in place so hammerite it was, its coming off eventually so i only did this to freshen it up for now

P1010624.jpg

Degreased it all

P1010625.jpg

Found out that i had RS inlets too! :D ...shame their going soon ;)

P1010630.jpg

Even with the weather shocking outside i carried on :D

P1010632.jpg

P1010633.jpg

P1010634.jpg

P1010635.jpg

P1010637.jpg

Thats how i ended the night more to come tomorrow :)

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo

Right decided not to bother with the hoses as its just had a coolant change and i cba taking it all apart just for the sake of putting them on as i'd end up loosing the coolant and having to put new in again so i put it back together now everything has dried off...

P1010639.jpg

Scratched the logo off then block sanded it

P1010640.jpg

New HT leads from here arrived this morning so would of been rude not to put them on :)

P1010642.jpg

Inlet back on

this is how it now looks..
P1010643.jpg

More updated to come for the bay :)