ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Batesey's cup turbo

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo
Re: Bateseys 172..

Right last week was a busy / expensive week for me, the following things got done:

84111a17.jpg

Front bumper repainted and grill and fog surrounds

a96b4176.jpg

9db2ced0.jpg

Repainted the calipers

Tax :(
New windowscreen as the heat decided to crack mine :(
and dropped the oil and replaced the filter :)
Repaired my front splitter and gave it a fresh coat of gloss black :)

Finished my carbon plinth i've been making..
3b194e3d.jpg

Then last thursday morning i pulled her out as she had an appointment with the detailer....
The weather wasnt great so in the shed she went :)
5a6b45e4.jpg

After some work...
79ccec0d.jpg

Then on the OEModified stand at modified nationals last saturday
cliomaf.jpg

Next on my list is more power, but with a holiday in 3 months i plan on taking it steady for a while... ;)

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo

Been a while since the previous update....

Few new things ready to fit over the winter period...

70E4FC00-7E90-4953-BE24-E660E7969880-5596-000009A373F0B105.jpg

23924A57-7201-4EBD-A7D3-C95F1CD2EC95-5596-000009A36A57D419.jpg

Cheaper than a ktec induction kit... Can sort out a group buy if anyones interested?

Over the next few month the car will be getting a bit more poke and the bay will be 'Cleaned' up a little ;)

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo

Done a few bits today, as from the pictures you will notice my cup came with aircon... i didnt want this so got the pipes/rad off ready to fit the pure motorsport kit,
EA5542BB-A98A-4786-829F-AB8FDB266C34-12951-000017F79CE73812.jpg

73A0B500-241F-469E-B528-FCF7189A7427-12951-000017F7A079E730.jpg

No pictures of it without it but looks so much better, Few things yet to move ready for its trip in january,

Oh and i am going to pick up a turbo kit this week ;)

Watch this space...

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo

Few parts i now have in my room....

950C68DD-0FB2-4E1C-9D31-EECBE4C8CC98-14573-00001A1F61F6E7D1.jpg

9F0E0690-9D43-4A7A-88CD-E3FED22D4BB4-14573-00001A1F59E89E21.jpg

F47BBA15-5420-4BC4-8FD0-1AD345EEB946-14573-00001A1F4E7440A1.jpg

7D2725DF-FA0C-4E86-89D2-AD743E282708-14573-00001A1F44E7F23A.jpg

9E3CED96-F99A-402F-A4D0-34189EF81C83-14573-00001A1F3B568E21.jpg

Garrett t28 turbo
Oil feed, return, 440cc injectors, downpipe, cast manifold etc, also have a charge cooler but i plan on selling that and buying the intercooler in the next few months for when i fit it, then the money will go towards that, 225 plugs, heat shield, oil filter, gaskets etc,
Ecu wise i have a turbo ecu, which rstuning will be mapping,
Want to get everything checked before i fit it like injectors, i'll also plumb in the water pipes with custom hoses from jsperformance....

Watch this space ;)

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo

C4A79C47-4BEE-48A7-98A4-BEC3AD0246A2-5050-00000902A217EE95.gif
forge intercooler arrived today , sold the charge cooler setup to Steve for his Rwd project, also a front set of maxxis race tyres as my toyo proxies are worn on the inner edge :)
Updates will be slow till march then it will start coming along as I'm just collecting parts at the min

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo

2D6DC52F-A9BF-4E7F-8E7F-1E45B864367D-6567-00000B7BEFE32D65.jpg

Tim boost gauge
Also went to collect megane 225 injectors this morning along with a spare sump, also thing's yet to arrive are Nimbus sheet to cover the brake lines and an oil return, i've spoken with chris at EFI and the ecu i plan on using doesnt need the map sensor i have due to it having a built in 4bar one so that will hopefully free up more funds to buy the gaskets needed

Ph1 T
Bateseys 172..

Just read through this looks good you going to rs tuning or efi mate? I've not got any heat shield on mine at minute and my gearbox mount is loose so might whip the engine out tommorow.

You started fitting bits yet?

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo

Just read through this looks good you going to rs tuning or efi mate? I've not got any heat shield on mine at minute and my gearbox mount is loose so might whip the engine out tommorow.

You started fitting bits yet?

whys it loose? lol going to EFI for adaptronic ecu and custom loom, got some nimbus when i get round to fitting it, i'ver not started fittingh anything just yet as its my daily driver so getting ecu done first then will fit bits after so its done as quick as possible :)

Ph1 T
Bateseys 172..

Forgot to do the mount up fully :/ lol ah right who you having map it then mate? What you going to do drive up there have him keep your car and make the loom then you collect it?

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo

yeah hes doing all the wiring etc,its not booked in yet as im still saving to have it done :) mechanical side of things its pretty much all here, wana have the turbo rebuilt and few bits like my downpipe modified to fit properly, once ive got everything i need i'll get my mate round to help bolt it all on :) then book it in for live mapping

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo

E0B41295-A4DD-4B8F-B65A-93C031769965-13054-0000172BEFC06074.jpg

pure motorsport delete kit arrived today :) unsure I wanna go near the belts though so ill probs get my mechanic to fit it

TT QS

Loved this thread. Gorgeous car! I'm planning on getting the rare rims stud kit, any tips when fitting it? Mega noob about it but they should look cool with my f1s

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car

Loved this thread. Gorgeous car! I'm planning on getting the rare rims stud kit, any tips when fitting it? Mega noob about it but they should look cool with my f1s
Two nuts run onto the stud together. Use a spanner on the nut nearest the hub to hold steady and tighten the second nut. Bit of stud lock before you start. Boom.

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo

Two nuts run onto the stud together. Use a spanner on the nut nearest the hub to hold steady and tighten the second nut. Bit of stud lock before you start. Boom.

Couldn't have said it better :)

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo

Quick update, no pictures yet though, this week i've started smoothing the engine bay a bit, bit of a tart but i like to make things look nice as well as go well, anyway its booked in at EFIparts for the 9th march to have adaptronic ecu fitted and a custom engine loom with wire tuck, once back its off into my mates bodyshop for the bay to painted then the turbo setup will be bolted on and mapped,

Things left to buy for the turbo setup include:

Silicone hoses including boost and water lines + new clips
oil & filter
coolant
manifold gasket
sump gasket
oil return hose
Thermo sandwich plate so i can run my mocal oil cooler
and gotta get a bracket welded onto the forge intercooler

Fairly simple things also thinking about having my turbo rebuilt as i have no proof that its perfect although it only has a small amount of play (journal bearing) and need to fit a different actuator spring as its for high boost,

Hopefully April will see some boost :) hopefully the next update will involve some pictures :)

Ph1 T
Bateseys 172..

Give me a shout when you want boost hoses got a fair few brand ASH pipes here as ordered s**t loads..

I also need to get a bracket welded on my cooler it's knocking like mad every bump doing my nut in lol

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo

Give me a shout when you want boost hoses got a fair few brand ASH pipes here as ordered s**t loads..

I also need to get a bracket welded on my cooler it's knocking like mad every bump doing my nut in lol

LOL yeah i want it well held in place, my hoses are all gunna be jsperformance mate, getting a good deal as i know the guys and tbh i wont use any other company since using them due to the quality, still not sure on colours for the boost hoses :/ its hard, i like the idea of red like you said though and black hard pipes :)

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo

1713C298-1A7F-4143-A1A0-58198A250376-14646-00001A576159C6A9_zps5ff4f095.jpg

Been a busy few days on my days off work,

Painted the engine bay after various smoothing which looks smart, also fitted vibratechnics engine mount, baileys header tank, alloy radiator,

The car also came back from EFI parts last week where it had adaptronic standalone fitted with a wire tuck and megane injectors, the map isnt perfect and the cold start is crap but fingers crossed scoff can sort it when the turbo kit goes on, this should be happening towards the end of the month if the car gets through the MOT easily next week :)

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo

Right, seems like this is taking ages but im nearly there .. i hope,

So last december i bought a turbo kit, the parts left from this kit are the downpipe, the oil feed and the manifold LOL so basically i've built a full custom kit from scratch

I decided to buy a new turbo
null_zpsdd8dcfd7.jpg

i fitted all the fittings from the old turbo to this one and i fitted the forge adjustable actuator due to the one that came with it didnt go low enough boost to whati wanted to run
null_zps05d32019.jpg

Then abit of fabrication was needed on the sump for the return and the intercooler so i made some brackets up and got a local firm to weld them all on

null_zps9f1b1c2b.jpg

null_zpsb994c11b.jpg

null_zps8c094e27.jpg

null_zps01ad959c.jpg

Then my mates at jsperformance sorted me out with some hoses
null_zps67c1a9f9.jpg

i then fitted some nimbus to cover the pipes at the rear
null_zpse0f94726.jpg

Fitted the intercooler and oil cooler in place
null_zpseef3baa0.jpg

Fitted the pure motorsport A/C delete (shame i didnt get a cup without it)
null_zps34d2260f.jpg

Then because i wanted it doing and me working 6 days a week i decided to get a mate who has a garage bolt the rest of the kit on
null_zpsde4ded5e.jpg

null_zps35d6eda5.jpg

This was the main hurdle but after a trip to the company round the corner he got the banjo straightened

null_zps7570a3d9.jpg

'Tighter than a nuns chuff' were my exact words

null_zpsd3801fb8.jpg

null_zpsefcedfb0.jpg

So it runs, but not overly great, i dont feel confident running up to him so its going on the back of a transporter to Chris at EFI first thing in the morning,

Bit nervous to be honest but hopefully it all goes well then i can iron out the niggles like brackets and the exhaust sits differently

Wish me luck! :)

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo

I'll post it tomorrow on the dyno then plenty more to come im sure :)

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo

Good! your engine bay is cleaner than my car lol.
How much has it cost you all together btw?

Its filthy ATM, cant wait to get it mapped then i will clean it lol

Its cost around 2.5k all in all :) i only plan on running 5-7psi on this engine as its a highish miler, then once all the niggles are sorted i have a few idea's dependant on if i get bored, plan is not to go to far as i want to use it on track and i currently use it everyday so needs to be reliable

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car

Looks great. Where has the fuse box gone? Details on how you relocated it?

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo

Car was suffering with boost creep yesterday, Chris at efi was a legend though and worked late into the night to fix it, picked her up today 228bhp at 6psi, im happy with it, just a few niggles like oil leak from the sandwich plate and mod the exhaust then its all sorted

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo

What ecu did you go for mate? Any vids? Any other problems?

Apart from niggles, the downpipe is longer so exhaust doesnt sit right but my mates gunna cut n weld it shorter, the ecu is adaptronic, chris at EFI has done a great job and im very happy, the guy is a top bloke