ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Battlefield 4

Revels Mum & Sister
Hmm thought as much. Will probably borrow it from a mate or rent it somewhere to complete the SP then. For all of COD's downfalls I think the MP is a good crack for a casual player like me and all my mates play it so will stick with that and Forza on launch for now.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Hmm thought as much. Will probably borrow it from a mate or rent it somewhere to complete the SP then. For all of COD's downfalls I think the MP is a good crack for a casual player like me and all my mates play it so will stick with that and Forza on launch for now.

In all honesty Chris, you can play multiplayer just like a single player experience. You have the choice to join a squad of 4 or just stay on your own. Even if you're in a squad, you don't have to communicate with anyone else. Simply get on with doing your own thing. It's so good and rewarding and you can put in a lot of time playing multiplayer on your own to however you want to play.

I first played MP on Bad Company 2 and joined Spiezels in a game. From then on in I was hooked on it and TBH the vast majority of the time I simply enter a map and play on my own in a squad so I have respawn points from my team mates and I can get more points dishing out supplies or reviving etc.

It's brilliant fun.

Clio 172
Lots of hackers on this early on, seems to have been a fair few been booted now. I can't believe they released the game in the state it was in, the beta was more stable.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Hackers?! I've never come across any hackers in a BF game before. What were they doing? Invincible/aimbot?

Revels Mum & Sister
I have played BF 2 & 3 online. I just dont like it. Need to spend too much time and hassle to get to a decent level. I am a pick up and play gamer to be honest. Too much faff for me. Just prefer run, gun and die COD to be honest mate.

In all honesty Chris, you can play multiplayer just like a single player experience. You have the choice to join a squad of 4 or just stay on your own. Even if you're in a squad, you don't have to communicate with anyone else. Simply get on with doing your own thing. It's so good and rewarding and you can put in a lot of time playing multiplayer on your own to however you want to play.

I first played MP on Bad Company 2 and joined Spiezels in a game. From then on in I was hooked on it and TBH the vast majority of the time I simply enter a map and play on my own in a squad so I have respawn points from my team mates and I can get more points dishing out supplies or reviving etc.

It's brilliant fun.

Evo 5 RS
It's not quite as bad from what I've read but BF4 certainly isn't free of bugs. I spent half hour on one of the campaign missions only to die and a checkpoint to bug out. CBA to play it now.

Think it's been revealed that they pushed it through QC just to beat Ghosts. Knowing what we do now I bet they wish they hadn't of bothered.

tw*ts.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I have played BF 2 & 3 online. I just dont like it. Need to spend too much time and hassle to get to a decent level. I am a pick up and play gamer to be honest. Too much faff for me. Just prefer run, gun and die COD to be honest mate.

That was my argument for the earlier titles in the series. BF1942 has no unlocks - just the kit choice you made at the spawn screen. BF2 introduced unlocks, but they were minimal and you had to play a LOT to get one of them.

These days, you literally climb one ladder, fart on your chair and take a sip of your brew and you've gained four new sights, a grip, under-barrel attachment and a Ronald McDonald head.

Pointless. And it just deters new players as the standard starter kit is utterly SHAT.

D.

Skoda Fabia vRS
ive not really played much BF before, always COD, but why do i see blue and green people on my team/side ?

sure i saw someone with a + symbol above them too once, no colour

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
One colour will be for your team mates, the other will be your squad mates most likely.

Can't remember which is which though.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
ive not really played much BF before, always COD, but why do i see blue and green people on my team/side ?

Yep - blue are your team mates - green are your squad mates. You always earn more points doing squad-related tasks - capturing or defending a point when asked by your squad leader - or providing ammo, medkits or spot assists for your squad mates. Even targeting armour with a laser that then gets attacked by your squad mates, gains you more points than simply helping your team mates.

That's one of the best things about the BF series - the active 'push' to try and make you play in squads. Makes for a much better playing experience than simply lone wolfing it all the time.

D.

dk

911 GTS Cab

Lol, I asked the same question in the xbox thread.

dk

911 GTS Cab
I am such a f**king noob at this, I rarely play these games online and I f**king suck ass!

Mk1 MX-5 next summer

It's brilliant fun.

LOL I remember that day.

*jump, crouch, jump, crouch, haha, DEAD!

Clio 172
I have to agree with you Darren in respect to the unlocks. On pc it seems if you get onto a server as a round ends you still get bonus points. A friend of mine got 80,000 points and joined the last 2 minutes of a game it's just getting stupid. Then there is the fact I am constantly unlocking scopes for guns I'm not even using but trying to get anything but an RDS scope for the engineer guns is next to impossible. People turning round and shooting you smack in the face when you have unloaded a full clip into them is also getting a tad boring now. THE RPG's etc are whoefully under powered yet the stupid small mines are the most destructive things outside of the cruise missile. The last patch has finally sorted the hit markers where being shot 2 3rds of the way down a corridor by some guy round the corner and also 2 3rds of the way down that corridor seems to have stopped (for now). Seen a few hackers banned but people are already lvl 110 and again the disparity from lvl 20 - 50 is huge. One shoting snipers at lvl 1 when I can't seem to hit them with the Pecheng from point blank range is also getting a bit silly. EA and Dice have alot of work to do to make this game any where as good as BF2. I have spent most of the games as support and as such have already unlocked everything I can with support kit as playing engineer is a joke because killing a tank is quite simply impossible without the whole squad hitting it in 1 go. Medic is ok but holding shock paddles for 5 mins to give someone full charge is a waste of time and usuallu means someone else revives them first only for them to be shot instantly as they have no health so defeating the point of the medic. Darren I'd quite happily come with you to the BF5 meeting as I have also played the game on PC since 1942 and currently with the latest version all they have produced is a mere shadow of the games former glory. Take away the graphics and new maps and the actual game itself is very poor. Very annoyed as I waited along time for it to come out and now its a bunch of poo.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Does anyone know why I can't play capture the flag, it just says I don't have the dlc, what dlc?

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I've just bought Premium :eek:

I had £30 in my MS account so it was £9.99 I had to pay.

Had a few multiplayer games, my K/D ratio is already f*cking smashed (like 15/30 or something) :clown:

Then eventually it kicked me out so I had a go on single player. Pretty neat.

Skoda Fabia vRS
i dont see why you need that on TD though, its pointless, and makes it a bit confusing, nobody works as a squad/team whatever on TD

dk

911 GTS Cab
are there any good guides on how to play this please as I'm lost, and there's no instruction manual.

i get the feeling i should be fixing vehicles, helping people with medical kits, calling for help etc but i just don't know how to do it all, do they just assume you know how to play it or something?

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Is it safe to assume then that they haven't patched the game for next gen then if these issues of being disconnected etc are still present?

Citroen DS3 DSport
are there any good guides on how to play this please as I'm lost, and there's no instruction manual.

i get the feeling i should be fixing vehicles, helping people with medical kits, calling for help etc but i just don't know how to do it all, do they just assume you know how to play it or something?

I'll have to join some games with you as I too have no idea what I'm doing.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
The guys that don't have a clue what they are doing have you played any bf game before? Even the people that know what they are doing can be useless lol

dk

911 GTS Cab
I'll have to join some games with you as I too have no idea what I'm doing.
Glad it's not just me then, can't understand why there's no instruction manual in some games these days, I can understand not having them for certain games, but games where you need to know things to enjoy the game, just seems silly, it's not like they don't put paper books in the boxes anyway, it's just full of useless text.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Getting the most out of the game rather than just shooting and killing.

like there are medics, when and how do you call them, is it a button or just voice commands on connect?
people come up to me and say can I fix your vehicle, well how do I get them to come anytime, is it just being an engineer?
how do you fly the helicopter properly
When in a vehicle, do you need someone else to shoot, if so how do you call them?

im not playing as a team, or squad because I just don't know what I'm supposed to be doing to help them out, I keep seeing you can give them ammo when they run out, again, how do I do this?

theres so many things in the game and no instructions on how to do them, and I've only listed probably a few below I've come across, there's probably more I know nothing about.

FF 182
Just watch some videos on youtube?

As for dishing out health/ammo etc, either use your mouse wheel to select it, or assign a mouse or keyboard key to it, then press fire (left click incase you dunno how to fire aswell :p) to throw it around. Assuming your on pc and not some junk console :D

There is a comma rose to select commands, but i never use it. I just spam Q to spot, dunno how many spotting awards i have, but i have alot.