ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ph2 Meg 225
I can't take mine off as I don't have my original wheel bolts no more :( I looked into buying one but I'm not brave enough with the paintwork side of things!

Good of luck though :)

I can't take mine off as I don't have my original wheel bolts no more :( I looked into buying one but I'm not brave enough with the paintwork side of things!

Good of luck though :)

Haha oh dear!

Yeah im pretty wary but you gotta learn somehow eh?

ta, ill let you know how much i f**k up ;)

This is coming along really well, looks nice mate. Really like the wheels they set the car off nicely.

Also i see we are both having the same unfortunate rubbing problem on the rear tyres :/

thanks man :)

and yeh i was gonna say mine were fucked with no adujusters, they scraped some tyre off just moving the car up my slanted drive :(

i had to put the locator and adjuster back in the rear spring :/

Really like those wheels. Good choice! Are you running spacers on the back?

thanks man, the wheels were cheap! £57 with great condition tyres, no idea how i got them so cheap, had to spend an extra 100 getting them bored out and the tyres on and off to fit on the machine

and nope lol, no spacers anywehre, the offset is 24, compared to the standard 35 ish on a clio tho

Looks well! Not too keen on the rear lights but there quite smart in comparison with some! Nice to know there's a few of us rubbing on the rear.

cheers man, and yeh i have grown out of love with them, ill see how they look when the rear is colour coded, my only problem is that red lights and orange paint do not look great together :/

may get some cheap tint spray and darken them a little, hides the inside a tad

and yeah lol theres more than expected, i have been very cautious driving round recently, put a mate in the back which resulted in even more damage, but i have learnt from my mistake

my boss today told me that i needed to lower the rear more as apparently it wasnt low enough :(

he also told me that he had a short peice of scaffold pole and that he would lend it to me to roll my rears, as a body shop quoted £75 per arch!

Nice to see someone of the same wheels, didn't know you'd get it sorted this quickly. They look to be a steal for £57, although I'd be tempted to put 195/50 rather than 205/55. Those tyres were on mine as they were standard on the E30.

RE rolling the arches - I'd get it done, even by yourself. I now rent out the roller to mates, oh also whack a degree of camber on the rears ;)

The tyres catch on the rear bumper bracket (basically a little bit of metal protruding) just needs to rolled out the way.

Nice to see someone of the same wheels, didn't know you'd get it sorted this quickly. They look to be a steal for £57, although I'd be tempted to put 195/50 rather than 205/55. Those tyres were on mine as they were standard on the E30.

RE rolling the arches - I'd get it done, even by yourself. I now rent out the roller to mates, oh also whack a degree of camber on the rears ;)

The tyres catch on the rear bumper bracket (basically a little bit of metal protruding) just needs to rolled out the way.

They were taking up too much room ;)
And yeah I had a good look at them earlier, gonna see what I can do myself

When I sort it, I'll still prob get them rolled, just need a temporary solution for the min

thanks man :)

and yeh i was gonna say mine were fucked with no adujusters, they scraped some tyre off just moving the car up my slanted drive :(

i had to put the locator and adjuster back in the rear spring :/

i have the same problem with my drive mate, luckily its not the back that gets it. Its just the splitter scrapes like hell and basically drags gravel from the drive onto the road (actually quite handy as theirs a pothole at the edge of my drive and it seems to be getting filled up due to my car scraping out llf) but im not going to put my adjusters back in i don't think. Just stop taking passengers in the back

Quick update.

Colour coded the rear bumper boot button and sprayed diamonds and Clio badge, fitted my old lights back and re mounted the exhaust

Got in contact with arch enemy to roll my rears, got camber shims to fit and gotta colour code my handles

Here are a few pics
pu7u8u9e.jpg

u3ahude5.jpg

Deciding on my lights

6esyzy9y.jpg

Bad image due to the lack of light, but I'll get a better one tomorrow

Another update...

Changed my lights back to the stock ones, they look much nicer

Fitted colour coded handles to complete my colour coding, and changed my front brakes simply because they squeaked, glad I did as they were fucked

u7yzupar.jpg

Door handle

a6u5uges.jpg

New brakes :) had to drill out a retaining bolt as it had seized, last person hadn't heard of copper grease

py4asesu.jpg

The state of the old brakes, notice the rings and rust on the disk! They were ruined Haha

Update
Prepped the car for a long 7 hour drive down to Cornwall which involved taking the exhaust off and raising it all

Had an arch roll from archenemy last sat too
nunuryvy.jpg

My car was easily the shittest one there, was parked up next to a twin turbo drift spec 350z ...mmmm

a6ejeme6.jpg

Also got a 182 interior minus the front door cards, but I plan to punch out the fabric bits and cover them myself with alacantra

9upy7ane.jpg

eja4ede3.jpg

ahusysar.jpg

Update after update after update this thread is dead lol

Oh well I'll still post s**t

Update today

Gave her a good clean and fixed some paintwork issues and made and fitted a wiper blank

tedu5a9e.jpg

ave9a3u5.jpg

Kinda smooth...

eredynu5.jpg

neserage.jpg

IG shot haha follow me on ig- bennhiggs

Titanium 182
Get them alloys on some stretch tyre mates, would look loads better, lovely looking car though, especially the colour :)

Titanium 182
I agree about the stretch

But I have to say I would have kerbed them a few times if they weren't bulging out the sides haha

Be a better driver then ;) I've been more careful with mine since I got these alloys on stretch, I just love the lip sticking out.

Be a better driver then ;) I've been more careful with mine since I got these alloys on stretch, I just love the lip sticking out.
Haha it's only when I get angry, or I'm not paying any attention haha which can be a lot of the time ;)

Yeah yours look great, they are perfect and I love the lip! Esp when the car is bagged and it is tucked just over the wheel arch :eek:

Titanium 182
Haha it's only when I get angry, or I'm not paying any attention haha which can be a lot of the time ;)

Yeah yours look great, they are perfect and I love the lip! Esp when the car is bagged and it is tucked just over the wheel arch :eek:

Just get the stretch done man you'll love it, and if you get that on bags it would be immense. :eek:

Titanium 182
Haha if I ever have the money! Bags would be insane but they are so pricy :( haha

I want bags but I can't justify spending so much on it when my car didn't even cost me a grand haha, not worth it, want to do it to my next car that's hopefully worth something.

I want bags but I can't justify spending so much on it when my car didn't even cost me a grand haha, not worth it, want to do it to my next car that's hopefully worth something.
How cheap did you get the car man? Haha

Think I'll only consider it when I get a mk1 mx5 :p

But defo do it, bags would be insane, just make sure you have enough room for all the air and compressor and s**t lol

Titanium 182
How cheap did you get the car man? Haha

Think I'll only consider it when I get a mk1 mx5 :p

But defo do it, bags would be insane, just make sure you have enough room for all the air and compressor and s**t lol

£700, was abit of a steal, had a few problems but got them all fixed, don't know what I want to put bags on, I love Paul hicklin's tce if you have seen that, but don't want another clio after this.