ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Cup & DCi 172
Well a little story of the last 24 hours for me & @matty1995

Last night we tried doing the first fire up but were greeted with immobiliser light on solid and not trying to turn over. Checked over and found fuse in engine bay tripped (15A). Only had a 20A so replaced it & was greeted to smoke from the AEM module.

Checked over and 1 wire wasnt labelled correctly so revised the wiring and replaced fuse hoping it was just the circuit polarity check and it was thank god.

That took us to 10PM last night.

This morning we pulled it out under its own steam for the first time then tried fitting bumper - no good. Passenger side cup racer duct was hitting the intercooler pipe.

This has been trimmed back with the dremel so I can now still use as a brake duct as well.

After all checked and coolant system bled equipped the car with the fire extinguisher from the Impreza, unfortunately this is where it gets funny haha.

Went over speed bump - pin in extinguisher fell out then when came off bump fell over landing on handle. This sprayed straight at me and the car so had to then clean all that up. Not a pleasant experience lmao.

Took to Shell and filled with fresh fuel then off for a play.......

Jesus what a difference, peaking at 8psi in fifth and around 6-7 in first 4 gears.

Videos are in progress, nothing amazing as just 1st and 2nd gear pulls.

DSC_7506_zpsqyoj4qk4.jpg

IMG_5548_zpsq0khzhzl.jpg

IMG_5554_zpswnw3rvm4.jpg

IMG_5555_zpsh9mg2t6t.jpg

IMG_5561_zpshevyq2zh.jpg

IMG_5568_zps5zib8jwk.jpg

IMG_5572_zps7na1jczc.jpg

IMG_5574_zpsrrdujz3p.jpg

IMG_5577_zpskx5o8va4.jpg

20171227_120813_zpscptxpd0h.jpg

received_1813516305396379_zpsrsbkjtr6.jpg

received_1813516295396380_zpsxcwfgbqz.jpg

Even been a nice brother and gave Matthew the keys so he could have a play haha

IMG_5604_zpsamfocsd1.jpg

Quick compilation of some initial running.....

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Good effort! I’d love to do this to mine.

That fire extinguisher 😂

182 Cup & DCi 172
Good effort, gotta be proud when you stand back and look at your work.
And lol at the fire extinguisher!

Good effort! I’d love to do this to mine.

That fire extinguisher 😂

lol at extinguisher! nice work!

Amazing work!

All done so quickly also.

Great work buddy, looks and sounds great :cool:

Can’t wait to get mine done now.

Cheers for all the comments, still laughing about the extinguisher haha.

Had car out everyday bar 1 since conversion clicking up miles and only issue appears to be a rogue Lambda sensor so got one on order.

Am off for another week or so - planning to get coilovers, new rear brakes and non cambered pms rear hub spacers on.

Also got breather setup to sort then all good.

Grills are also in paintshop as my DIY ones werent cutting it on the newly painted bumper

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Awesome, turbo flutter is addictive!
It is but I'm told it's not a good thing. When I had the impreza mapped for the first time on the standard turbo I got turbo flutter.

When I had the turbo billeted and remapped the turbo flutter went and I don't know why.

182 Cup & DCi 172
Nice job mate. Hopefully will see it at some point next year? And lol at the extinguisher [emoji106]

Fingers crossed. Planning Sports Cars in the Park again so hopefully see you there

Looks ace

Cheers

Cracking work buddy :smile:

Should be proud of your hard work.

Thanks mate. Got to admit am happy with my work

Awesome, turbo flutter is addictive!

It is indeed haha. Not quite same level as my Impreza but still fun to hear

Seems to go well, be very difficult to not drive the car hard, everywhere ha

Tell me about it, have to watch myself now lmao

It is but I'm told it's not a good thing. When I had the impreza mapped for the first time on the standard turbo I got turbo flutter.

When I had the turbo billeted and remapped the turbo flutter went and I don't know why.

You should really have a billet turbo suitably rated if not running a dump valve but at this low boost it should be OK.

I do have the dump valve if it's ever needed though.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Fingers crossed. Planning Sports Cars in the Park again so hopefully see you there

Cheers

Thanks mate. Got to admit am happy with my work

It is indeed haha. Not quite same level as my Impreza but still fun to hear

Tell me about it, have to watch myself now lmao

You should really have a billet turbo suitably rated if not running a dump valve but at this low boost it should be OK.

I do have the dump valve if it's ever needed though.
I had my standard VF34 roller bearing turbo billeted mate, just had a larger compressor wheel and housing fitted (from 46mm to 50mm) I also run a DV but its fitted under my intercooler and is quite.
Nice work bud, it sounds great.

182 Cup & DCi 172
Nice few hours working on the Clio.

It is nice and relaxing working in the garage now it's all done out.

- Bilstein B14 coilovers on with powerflex rear top bushes and camber bolts.
- Pure Motorsport non cambered 10mm rear hub spacers
- Renault rear discs and pads with new bearings and abs rings
- Coil pack fitted
- Breather can painted wrinkle black

Left to settle now and see how the height is tomorrow then can adjust it.

Also if the intermittent off boost miss isn't cured then new Lambda will be getting fitted.

DSC_7514_zpsepyx3ns8.jpg

DSC_7516_zpsoscfxzfy.jpg

DSC_7517_zpsw8oic3i3.jpg

DSC_7518_zps6rnkj1cf.jpg

DSC_7519_zpszkibguep.jpg

DSC_7520_zpsznz1hvgo.jpg

DSC_7521_zpsljfu6i7u.jpg

DSC_7522_zps8c3ry2mh.jpg

DSC_7523_zpscsaiw47n.jpg

DSC_7525_zpsw4lpivn2.jpg

DSC_7526_zpsseq7vakq.jpg

DSC_7527_zpslgofcu2o.jpg

R29TJR

ClioSport Club Member
  2005 RB 182 Cup
I still can't believe how quickly you've made progress.

Can I ask why you went for non cambered rear spacers?

182 Cup & DCi 172
Happy with the new ride height. Similar to before but now doesn't squat as much on boost.

No deterioration in comfort but handling is superb with the Bilstein B14's.

Coilpack didn't solve erratic running off boost when hot and with a P0130 code logged this backed up Lambda being at fault so that has been changed.

Also the second Lambda setup has been modified so isn't actually in exhaust haha. Still plugged in just tied to underside of car and blank fitted.

Been out for another good drive tonight with Lisa and it all appears to be running perfect.

Need to adjust handbrake slightly but at this rate will be done tomorrow haha

DSC_7537_zpsli2tdcpr.jpg

DSC_7539_zpspd1p0zrk.jpg

DSC_7540_zpsd9cfjtce.jpg

DSC_7542_zps5pn6n6uk.jpg

DSC_7543_zpsauswqlzk.jpg

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Happy with the new ride height. Similar to before but now doesn't squat as much on boost.

No deterioration in comfort but handling is superb with the Bilstein B14's.

Coilpack didn't solve erratic running off boost when hot and with a P0130 code logged this backed up Lambda being at fault so that has been changed.

Also the second Lambda setup has been modified so isn't actually in exhaust haha. Still plugged in just tied to underside of car and blank fitted.

Been out for another good drive tonight with Lisa and it all appears to be running perfect.

Need to adjust handbrake slightly but at this rate will be done tomorrow haha

View attachment 1351745
View attachment 1351746
View attachment 1351747
View attachment 1351748
View attachment 1351749
What's going on with that u clamp behind the manifold flange?

182 Cup & DCi 172
Well another day and we are still off work so a nice drive about up the coast and then back again.

Fitted the breather catch can this morning and think it's quite neat. Just need black hose and not keen on the red.

Turns out it's also fun winding Porsche drivers up as well..... Hahaha

DSC_7546_zpsrzana4l3.jpg

DSC_7547_zpsdpn6sejz.jpg

This weekend I am mounting the aem module and boost gauge in there permanent home. Then need to sort fire extinguishers out.

182 Cup & DCi 172
Well that's all the wiring finished with AEM unit mounted under the glovebox.

Boost gauge I couldn't decide where to mount with it still being stealth then had a stroke of genius haha.....

The silver 2 buttons are for boost alarm setup and the larger hole displays the reading.

DSC_7552_zps6bwlapsw.jpg

DSC_7553_zps0xbcpjkd.jpg

Also got my Valeo clutch through courtesy of eBays 20% off code over Christmas so that will sit on the shelf until it's needed.

182 Cup & DCi 172
Literally been just out abusing the car and using it for what I built it for.

All working perfectly still.

We made an unplanned purchase of a mobile chicane so have washed the Clio up and tucked it in garage while I sort the tow car.

Tell I am 30 this year with a caravan haha.

DSC_7631_zpssi2lt8bv.jpg

DSC_7632_zpsy900hfjn.jpg

DSC_7634_zpsp1d55pae.jpg

The mobile chicane and tow car.....

DSC_7653_zpsmnejnkfq.jpg

_58%207_zpsngzupsep.jpg

IMG_0582-1024x768_zpsn5rnsl2v.jpg

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I still can't believe how quickly you've made progress.

Can I ask why you went for non cambered rear spacers?
I fitted 10mm clambered rear spacers to my old PH1, it looked proper broken at the rear.
I think they run something like 1 to 1.5 deg neg as standard so adding another 1 deg neg is far to much.
I got rid and also fitted 10 mm flat spacers.

R29TJR

ClioSport Club Member
  2005 RB 182 Cup
I fitted 10mm clambered rear spacers to my old PH1, it looked proper broken at the rear.
I think they run something like 1 to 1.5 deg neg as standard so adding another 1 deg neg is far to much.
I got rid and also fitted 10 mm flat spacers.

I was thinking of adding some camber to my rear as the inside of the rear tyres is hardly wearing, although more research is required.

joe hk&uk

ClioSport Club Member
  182 cup
Got my stud conversion fitted up so wheel changes are alot easier haha
:up:..those wheels look nice& good match with brembo, r the discs 300mm? whats the model of the wheels?
I have more Powerflex bushes on the way - Front ARB inner and outer bushes. Still need to sort my shelf full of other bushes haha.

Also just got my 10mm 1.5 degree camber shims for rear hubs from MAD so these will need to go on as well.

The brakes I am making good progress on.....

- DIY shot blasted
- Fully cleaned out
- Painted in proper orange caliper paint
- Stainless bleed nipples
- Braketech seals and dust covers

Just waiting for stickers and the proper Pro-Line link pipes and they are going on.

Pads are my new DS2500 I just had delivered.

View attachment 1332401
View attachment 1332402
View attachment 1332403
View attachment 1332404

Quite happy with how these are coming along!

Also the brembo calipers are here and have started on them. They are all stripped and have been mocked up on the car and fit snugly under the new 15's.

Will be getting the required 5mm machined off then my mate is shot blasting and powder coating them before I will rebuild them with all new seals and stainless bleed nipples.

View attachment 1330485
View attachment 1330486
View attachment 1330487
View attachment 1330488
View attachment 1330489
View attachment 1330490
View attachment 1330491

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Nice work Robbie
225bhp NA was fast in a clio so can only imagine what 230 plus a load more torque would be like.
Whats it like for putting the power down ?
Ive started collecting parts to turbo mine later in the year but not wanting to have to fit a diff this time around.