ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Big brakes using Renault parts?

182 trackday racer
i *think* it is....

from member mikekean:
"Just incase anyone is interested i bought 197/200 master cylinder in the end from Renault, its goes on the 172/182 no probs at all. The only things you need to change are change the rear brake line fitting for M10 instead of M12 (200 cylinder has two M10 outlets instead of M10 front M12 rear on the 172 cylinder), wind the push rod out on the servo (doesnt have to be done but there will be more slack before the pedal acts on the M/C) and you have to use the brake resivoir seals from you 172 cylinder on the 200 one. Other than that its goes straight on,

Im yet to test it on the road yet but the pedal has less travel now and is much firmer which is what i was aiming for, feels more factory now. "

found this : http://www.mister-auto.nl/fl/hoofdr...-1-cr0-1-2-0-16v-sport-197pk_v19355_g258.html

seems to be two types, what is the difference between the esp one and the one without?
and which one would I need for the 182?​

Tonight I tried to make the swop for a 197 master cylinder into my Clio 182. I can confirm it does not fit. Both brake line Connections are M12 so plug and play there. But the mountings have completley different bolt pattern.

So it is a no go, now I just wonder what to do with a brand new 197 master cylinder...

bozothenutter

ClioSport Club Member
Diffetence between lhd and rhd I guess......[emoji45]
I ran into the same problem...tge 197 flange is diagonal
I have been told a laguna 1 is the same diameter.( they were used on cupracers)
Still want to do the conversion...just need to find one.

Clio 182 FF
I'd be interested if you guys can find one that fits :). I'm currently using the standard master cylinder still, but have now got used to the longer pedal.

bozothenutter

ClioSport Club Member
I'd be interested if you guys can find one that fits :). I'm currently using the standard master cylinder still, but have now got used to the longer pedal.

according to @mikekean the one from a 197/200 fits for RHD cars....

we left hand drivers seem to have to use a Laguna 1 MC....so need a part probably from a laguna with abs/esp.....might want to visit a breakers soon to try and find one just to see if it'll fit....then get a new one later

below is for a 24v V6

http://www.mister-auto.nl/fl/remcilinder/renault-laguna-b56-556-3-0-24v-190pk_v7887_g258.html

different connections for al 4!!!

bozothenutter

ClioSport Club Member
Ah right, that's good news! Finally there is an advantage to having Renaults poorly done RHD conversion :p.

Did you manage to find out what the difference was between the two types available and which was right for a 182 with ESP?

I think they are both the same, as all MkIII RS's had abs and esp.
The problem for LHD ones is the the flange is oriented diagonally instead of horizontally.....dunno for the RHD ones.

mikekean

ClioSport Club Member
  996 C4S, 135i, E30x2
The one I fitted to my car was from a Clio 200, we used the VIN number off one in the show room to order it. I'm pretty sure that the 197/200 cylinders are the same though, you may have to adjust the push rod inside the servo to take up the slack in the peddle as well.

Ph2 Clio 172+R21Turbo4x4
Hello guys, you can always use laguna 2 brake caliper carrier and disc.
The only modification that you need to do is to redrill the the discs so they can be mounted on the clio hub, as the laguna is 5x108 pcd.
Laguna 2 have 300x28 or 308x28 discs, the other option is espace 4 3.0/2.2 dci caliper (same as the laguna) and carier (this is the difference ) with 324x28 disc, but you need 17's for these.
308x28 will fit under oem 16's.

Want to bump this thread as its still relevant.

'supposedly you can fit' various model rear stubs and have bigger discs and bearings. After lots of searching I cant see how any stub from any scenic or laguna is a straight fit. I just bought a cheap laguna stub and disc but the square bolt spacing is bigger. All the mk1 versions are not square bolt spacing, all offset. So what specific model was it on a scenic or a mk1 laguna?

+1.Scenic 1.616v!Rear caliper piston 34mm plus the bigger brake pad and the disc ~270mm!!
View attachment 1029565

This a mk1 laguna stub with seperate hub and disc, which is offset. I cant find any info on cup racers running them
https://www.proxyparts.com/car-part...aguna/part/rear-wheel-bearing/partid/4691177/

Renault 5 GTE F7P en
Want to bump this thread as its still relevant.

'supposedly you can fit' various model rear stubs and have bigger discs and bearings. After lots of searching I cant see how any stub from any scenic or laguna is a straight fit. I just bought a cheap laguna stub and disc but the square bolt spacing is bigger. All the mk1 versions are not square bolt spacing, all offset. So what specific model was it on a scenic or a mk1 laguna?

This a mk1 laguna stub with seperate hub and disc, which is offset. I cant find any info on cup racers running them
https://www.proxyparts.com/car-part...aguna/part/rear-wheel-bearing/partid/4691177/
Citroen bx gti front calipera are 54 mm and can be bolt on the rear without any problems i think

Odoslané z Redmi Note 5 pomocou Tapatalku

Ragnotti & R5 Alpine
Did you ever seen/saw (sorry for gramatic) this calipers ?
Thank you.

Attachments

• LogoLicious_20180726_213027.jpg
    LogoLicious_20180726_213027.jpg
    252.6 KB · Views: 177

Used a die grinder for the scenic bolt spacing and also abs sensor hole in hub as was slightly too small, needs new brake lines both sides and o/s handbrake had to be moved under fuel tank, n/s needs longer one altogether, I have a new o/s so can try that. Is wider than standard so maybe 10+mm. Bolts straight up using m10 fine threaded which is a big reason I decided to go through with this, no more counter sunk bolts..

Having trouble with abs though, not reading anything, there is adjustment to how far the sensor to ring can be had so maybe they are too far away.

IMG_0364.JPG

IMG_0365.JPG

LNQC9192.JPG

PRXF5185.JPG

IMG_0382.JPG

IMG_0380.JPG

IMG_0379.JPG