ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Big brakes using Renault parts?

Clio172cup rally car
Looking forward to see this. Lets just hope the offset on Seiz adapters are the same as on the AP discs. I have been in contact with Seiz as well.

Ye if the offset is wrong then I'll prob just sell the seiz brackets and buy the r2 ones, I just can't believe Renaultsport charge £147 per bracket!

Clio172cup rally car
Twingo r2 ap 300mm discs just arrived, just waiting on the brackets now

6u3u2e4u.jpg

Clio172cup rally car
Ye these are just a solid discs with directional veins from renault for the r2, I could of gone down the floating disc route but they were a lot more expensive, may look into it in the future tho...

Clio172cup rally car
Just thought I would offer up the caliper to disc, can't wait to get this fitted an see what the difference is like
qu5epybu.jpg

182 trackday racer
Have ordered a set of brand new 197/200 calipers. Will most likley order Hi-Spec 300x28, PCD176 discs and manufacture bells and adapters during the winter. Question is what brakelines to order? Will Goodridge for 197/200 be of the right length and suitable for my 182?

182 trackday racer
Andrew: If you could take a few measurements on those discs Id be very greatfull.

One key measurement is from the mating surface disc to hub, to inside of the padsurface on the disc (read offset of the disc)

Thickness beween: mating surface disc to hub and matingsurface of the rim.

182 trackday racer
Andrew: If you could take a few measurements on those discs Id be very greatfull.

One key measurement is from the mating surface disc to hub, to inside of the padsurface on the disc (read offset of the disc)

Thickness beween: mating surface disc to hub and matingsurface of the rim.

To make things a bit clearer:

IMAG0486.jpgIMAG0489.jpg

Clio172cup rally car
Also I'm now sending the discs and calipers to pure motorsport and they are going to make me brackets and look into maybe selling them as part of a kit :)

182 trackday racer
Sorry I just haven't had chance to measure them. I'll do it tomorrow when I go down the garage :)

Thanks mate, got my calipers today. And the machine shop is ready to produce prototypes, just need to make drawings to get them going.

Also I'm now sending the discs and calipers to pure motorsport and they are going to make me brackets and look into maybe selling them as part of a kit :)

Sounds great, Im about to do the same, but adopted to suit Hi-spec discs. reason for this is cost wich in the longrun will be lower with the Hi-Spec setup.

Last edited:
  182 trackday racer
I have now done CAD drawings of bells and brackets both to suit AP 300x28 discs and Hi-Spec 300x28. The Hi-Spec dics are to prefer beacuse of the pad swept area is 53mm compared to the AP's 46mm. (The pads require 52mm)

Hi-Spec discs, DS3000 pads, brake lines and mounting hardware have been ordered.

Im keen to know if there would be any interest to buy bells and brackets? Bells will not be made in alloy unless I get a lot of people interested in the kit, instead they will be manufactured in steel and then nitraded. Cause of this is alloy prices, and the minumum quantitys that have to be bought.

Clio172cup rally car
The swept area is 53mm on the ap discs, sorry I have the measurement for you just forgot to pm you, I'll send them over now :)

182 inferno
does any one eles have the problem of the caliper to hub bolt and caliper to bracket bolt be very close to each other looks to me as if they will touch ( i have cup pack on my car)

Cup In bits
Did you make your own mounts? Depends if your running the 280mm kit or the 300mm kit, they are two different types of caliper mounts. My 280mm kit has the caliper mount studs crazily close to the hub mount bolts

Cup In bits
Not really, the caliper and the mount are about the same bolt spacing . There is enough room to get a good 15mm tapped into the mounts for the caliper mount bolts.

Clio172cup rally car
hatymupu.jpg
not the best picture and car needs a good clean but finally got the brembos fitted to the car with ds1.11 pads!! All i can say is awesome!

Clio172cup rally car
the kit is from pure motorsport, they sell the complete lot with brackets, new calipers and ap 300mm discs also includes new brake lines too

Clio172cup rally car
I'm the first person to use it, and were going to do some testing down prembrey in April, maybe he's waiting for us to complete the testing before advertising it to the general public?.
I'm sure if you give them a call they will give you more information on it.

As for the feel of it...it feels brilliant, can't say to much as yet because of the pads where using take a lot to get up to temp, but it looks and feels very promising.

Last edited:
  Clio172cup rally car
I got the cylinder from martijn who sells the cup racer parts on here, but these are available from rsport as far as im aware. It's a 23.8 cylinder the same as what's in a 406 v6 I think

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
I got the cylinder from martijn who sells the cup racer parts on here, but these are available from rsport as far as im aware. It's a 23.8 cylinder the same as what's in a 406 v6 I think

Was wondering what this was off as mine turned up the other day too. :)

182 trackday racer
Finaly my upgrade to bigger brakes seem to get finalized. Im just waiting for the adapters to arrive in a week or two. I went the road with custom adapters and bells along with Hi-Spec discs. A bit more expensive initially but more economic in the long run.

IMAG0908.jpg

Now Im thinking about the rear brakes! As I have seen in this thread: http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?648150-The-French-172-quot-Monster-One-quot/page3 Our French friend seems to have mounted Clio 197 rear calipers along with Clio GT rear discs. Have been trying the make him tell me part numbers etc but no luck. So now I hope some of you guys can help me out with these questions:

Part number of these rear discs?
Will the wheel bearing work with the Clio stub axle?

Will the calipers be plug and play without adapter?
Will the handbrake be plug and play?

Cup In bits
Look into mk1 laguna/safrane rear brakes, supposedly you can fit the entire rear hub assembly including stub axles etc straight on as that's what the later Cup Racers ran, the benefit is a separate hub and disks which are bigger and so Re the caliper pistons.

The only thing I'm not sure on is if the handbrake cables fit, brake lines can be adjusted easily.