ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BIGASH/FF-Racing X85 Clio Cup Racer Project

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.
Just randomly read a few pages from March of this thread! Crazy looking back! How everything has changed, Will be very interesting to see where the car, myself etc are in a year or so.

That's easy any thing goes wrong you just got your self to blame!! Lol

But that's the joy of racing - you'll be ok!

Hopefully, still behind me. ;)
:)
That's easy any thing goes wrong you just got your self to blame!! Lol

But that's the joy of racing - you'll be ok!
To be fair that's what I'm looking forward to in one respect, if my OCD has let anything slip through the net i'll be angry lol
I'd still be filing court papers tbh James.
Funny you say that Andy....
When is the first shakedown?
Sometime in March once I do the loom :)

My first track day that was! heres a pic for you from the day, it looks naked
IMG_1342.jpg

IMG_0139.jpg

IMG_0150.jpg

My first track day that was! heres a pic for you from the day, it looks naked
Was a good day plenty of clios out :) you shouldn't have sold that car! I think had 3 off track excursions that day and not been off circuit at any other point of the year lol! Yes I think it looks better now with the stickers etc :)
Crazy indeed mate. I'm booking things for December already :) here's to a better year for you!!
Haha that is good forward planning! Thanks I think it will be all okay this year :)
Love the car but it looks like its been primed with no paint IMO.
Thanks! Yeah everyone says that think it looks better now it has the stickers on :)

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
I like the grey/primer look. :D A mate did a similar thing to his EP3 Type-R (albeit a different shade) and got a bit of stick for it.

I can't believe it's been a year already since that day at Snetterton. It's gone quickly. :eek: I'm looking forward to seeing what the future holds... and, of course, the ongoing updates and race reports.

Certainly does look better! And I know I should've kept it, it got broken though! Couldn't sell it as I'd get sad every time I saw it ha
Thanks, yeah was a shame to see it going for bits :( at least you are back in a Clio now mate!
I like the grey/primer look. :D A mate did a similar thing to his EP3 Type-R (albeit a different shade) and got a bit of stick for it.

I can't believe it's been a year already since that day at Snetterton. It's gone quickly. :eek: I'm looking forward to seeing what the future holds... and, of course, the ongoing updates and race reports.
Yeah a chap in the apartment block I used to live in had his M3 done the same and I was never too sure for a road car! To be fair I actually didn't ask for this colour that mine is and asked for darker but they fit this one anyway lol!

I know its crazy how time flies! Thanks Andy fingers crossed some success. I'm considering changing series as there are others the car would be more suited to but need bigger budget to run in those but we will see what happens :)

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

thats because "G"s civic looked terrible in that colour, if you could choose any colour and have it painted FOC you make sure it works first...lol
his was the FIAT grey from the 500's

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks Andy fingers crossed some success. I'm considering changing series as there are others the car would be more suited to but need bigger budget to run in those but we will see what happens :)
Are you actively looking for sponsorship and the like, James? I can imagine it's not easy in the current economic climate. Either way, I hope you can find the required pennies.

thats because "G"s civic looked terrible in that colour, if you could choose any colour and have it painted FOC you make sure it works first...lol
his was the FIAT grey from the 500's
LMAO! Well... I didn't like to make any further comment... *grin* I heard he still drives like a grandad but that's a different story for a different thread. :D

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Pretty hard to convince a sponsor they will see a real increase in sales from being on this sort of car sadly.

You certainly arent going to tempt mcdonalds or halfords or anyone like that who has the sort of money to spend that would be nice, lol

Yeah exactly Chip, its only companies that are trying to sell products/services to the target audience that see the car and it's difficult trying to get money from anyone! I always try but very rarely sort anything out anymore :(

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Pretty hard to convince a sponsor they will see a real increase in sales from being on this sort of car sadly.

You certainly arent going to tempt mcdonalds or halfords or anyone like that who has the sort of money to spend that would be nice, lol

Yeah exactly Chip, its only companies that are trying to sell products/services to the target audience that see the car and it's difficult trying to get money from anyone! I always try but very rarely sort anything out anymore :(
Yeah - I can see your point guys. I'd love to be able to throw a lump of money at a select few race teams to advertise my product/club or suchlike. As things stand I'm in no position to do so. :( I might be able to stretch to a tenner here and there so might be able to cover the odd decal. LOL! Whilst not particularly mechanically-minded I do enjoy this sort of (can't think of a better term) grass-roots motor racing; where you basically build and setup the car yourself when you're not actually racing it in one series or another. Fair play to those who have a go and even more to those who genuinely have to dig own the back of the sofa for each and every penny they can find. Anyway, apologies for the digression.

No need to apologise mate its an important part of racing unfortunately, but at the level I am racing it is a hobby and because of that most of the cost has to be paid by me and if I cant afford it then I wont race :( The racing is awesome and can't think of anything i'd rather spend my time doing but I completely underestimated how much it would cost! When I started the project that wasn't an issue but times are harder for me now so have to cut back the spending big time! Anyway hopefully all will get sorted and I will be out for some races this year :)

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Is there still a book available that lists potential sponsors? I know there used to be.
I might be talking rubbish here... but thinking back, when I registered with the MSA a while ago I seem to recall receiving a potential sponsorship list with the Blue Book and other bits and pieces I got sent through. Don't take it as gospel but I'm fairly sure something was sent to me along those lines...?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I might be talking rubbish here... but thinking back, when I registered with the MSA a while ago I seem to recall receiving a potential sponsorship list with the Blue Book and other bits and pieces I got sent through. Don't take it as gospel but I'm fairly sure something was sent to me along those lines...?

Yes IIRC I got similar back when I had a race license (bikes not cars), but their idea of sponsors though was just people who give you 5% off if you buy from them in exchange for having your stickers on the car.

Can't say i've seen or heard of one but would be nice :) In the blue book there is a trade directory but thats all i've seen :)

Tweeks and Opie oils do a similar scheme to that Chip but you can get just as much discount by negotiating and keeping the car free from stickers lol

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Yeah its no different to owners club discount really, to me sponsorship is actual free stuff or better still a cheque, and thats what you will always struggle to get in a sport with almost no media coverage.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Yes IIRC I got similar back when I had a race license (bikes not cars), but their idea of sponsors though was just people who give you 5% off if you buy from them in exchange for having your stickers on the car.
Ah, fair enough - that may well have been what I had in the back of my mind. Cheers for clearing it up.