ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BIGASH/FF-Racing X85 Clio Cup Racer Project

I did laugh at rallycross tyres for Donny. Last time I photographed him there he seemed to be trying to keep two wheels off the ground on every corner - guess it cuts down tyre bills lol

Absolutely fantastic - as said your OCD works really well for car builds, I'd happily have let someone like you build mine and that's saying a lot

I really really hope there isn't any big incidents next year because that car is literally show worthy now!!
Thanks Phil :), very kind of you to say so! Hopefully I haven't let anything slip through the net

Lol me too but anything can happen at the end of the day its a racecar but while I was rebuilding it would of been a shame not to do everything nicely and much easier to keep everything clean and if clean I can see any problems which will cut down on all the failures of last year.
i taught him well ;)
Certainly did, Thanks :)
The way James drives he'll be picking gravel out of every gap and hole!
And cleaning filter before every race weekend!
And fitting rally cross tyres for Donny!
Unless I find something better to do then yes probably will do :eek:
Great work James, the attention to detail is spot on mate...:)
Not trying to tell you how to suck eggs mate, but id be making sure this nut doesn't come off and get sucked into your engine, maybe a spot of Loctite on the nut?? ;)

Scott
Thanks Scott, yes as Fred says already gone with thread lock and tightened it to the recommended torque of the sensor manufacturer so hope it will be ok. In hindsight I wish I had done it the other way I thought which was to weld an ally boss to the back of the plate but anyway hopefully it will still do the job :)
WAY too much paint and powdercoat though, the car was already too heavy!
Feel free to show me proper racecars covered in oily, rusty and crappy parts and I will blast/strip it all off, Until then i'm happy ;)
It had shag pile carpet fitted while I was there:approve:

Regards Russ.......
Lol :D
I did laugh at rallycross tyres for Donny. Last time I photographed him there he seemed to be trying to keep two wheels off the ground on every corner - guess it cuts down tyre bills lol
I try my best to save money what can I say :) Can't wait to throw this round Donington again!

I spent a lot of last year with the BTCC teams and the Clio Cup - it really reminds me of that level of cars, they spend just as much time cleaning them between races as they do repairing/tuning them. I like it - nothing says a race car has to look like a rusty beaten up chunk of metal :D

WOW....nice one James, car is looking amazing!
Thanks mate :) Hope yours is going well!
I spent a lot of last year with the BTCC teams and the Clio Cup - it really reminds me of that level of cars, they spend just as much time cleaning them between races as they do repairing/tuning them. I like it - nothing says a race car has to look like a rusty beaten up chunk of metal :D
Yeah to me it's important :) You wouldn't turn upto a business meeting in trainers and a hoody so why turn upto a race meeting with rusty bits lol! If it weren't all in orange it wouldn't stand out quite so much :eek:

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Right, that's it. Getting the airbrush and rattle cans out on the bonnet because I want mine to look RACECAR! :D It's *almost* going to be a shame to drive it...

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks guys :)

Don't worry Andy it will be getting thrashed when its back on track!
Yep - I've no doubt about that, James. I'm hoping to get a bit more time this year to go along to a few events and hoping to come along and catch you racing at one or two of them. I really admire your hard work and investment in this car and only wish you could have arrived at this point a season earlier and without such a big hit on the wallet. So please don't prang it too much. ;)

Yep - I've no doubt about that, James. I'm hoping to get a bit more time this year to go along to a few events and hoping to come along and catch you racing at one or two of them. I really admire your hard work and investment in this car and only wish you could have arrived at this point a season earlier and without such a big hit on the wallet. So please don't prang it too much. ;)

That would be great Andy :)! Thank you yes it's been a crazy year but hopefully this season will go well! I will certainly be trying to keep it mint

Anyone got any tips for bleeding the brake system from scratch just with one person and without buying one of those expensive bleeding tools? My mates live in Leeds which is an hour round trip and they won't come and help :( lol

182cup & 172 racecar
James, you get a head start just by gravity. Fill bottle, then open bleed nipples and let it trickle out. Then you can use a jar with fluid in, and a pipe. as long as the pipe is in the fluid, you can then pump the air out but not suck any in. Not the best way but you will get some kind of pedal.

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.
Put a pipe on the bleed nipple and at the other end put a bolt in it!
Then slice the pipe (length ways) creating a hole that will let air out but not in!

Works if your desperate!

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Put a pipe on the bleed nipple and at the other end put a bolt in it!
Then slice the pipe (length ways) creating a hole that will let air out but not in!

Works if your desperate!

essentially what that kit I linked to is, but with it's own pot

I use the same as what Dan does - it's stupidly cheap and easy

The pressure ones I've had before have all blown seals or gone wrong in some spectacular way
That one Dan's posted is just a pipe with a one way valve at the end so it can't suck air back in - works spot on

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

The pressure ones I've had before have all blown seals or gone wrong in some spectacular way
That one Dan's posted is just a pipe with a one way valve at the end so it can't suck air back in - works spot on

Same here, the one I have has a ball bearing arrangement in it that lets fluid out under pressure but doesnt let air back in.

The pot isnt really needed if 7 quid is stretching the budget, just the bit of pipe with the valve on it:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MOTORBIKE...t=UK_Hand_Tools_Equipment&hash=item5aee3bb8d6

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!

I priced up a Snap-on kit once. £800 odd. I LOL'd and got off the van

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
Then you can use a jar with fluid in, and a pipe. as long as the pipe is in the fluid, you can then pump the air out but not suck any in. Not the best way but you will get some kind of pedal.

Thats how I still do mine , old school style lol

Thanks for all the tips and ideas really appreciate it! I will try the Tony method and may dig deep in the wallet and get one of the kits for future as its an issue I'll always have.
If your stuck I will be up round your way on thursday evening, I could call in ?
Thanks Colin really kind of you :) unfortunately I am away from home tomorrow until very late and can't alter my plans otherwise that would have been ideal :( if you are ever around in future let me know and you should stop for a cuppa and you can eat Russ' stash of Jaffa cakes ;)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
2 * steak in one meal at 23 euros a steak = no problem
3 quid for a bleed pipe = digging deep

EPIC priorities, lol

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86
I am in Durham around 9pm then on way home after that, I assume your very late is more when normal people not the "undead" are asleep lol