ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BIGASH/FF-Racing X85 Clio Cup Racer Project

BMW Z4
Not really sure I guess the 182 shell is lighter as there is more metal.

Mine with a full tank in race trim (ie no passenger seat, intercom etc) is 1034kg's then you add me and the numbers get scary! Lol

Heavy car too Mark :) I think the weight of the cage over the back really helps the handling to be fair! Makes the rear tyres work well

Don't get too bogged down with the weight thing Ash. It did'nt stop me winning :nono:

Golf GTD Mk7
It surprised me the figures quoted, but cages/safety etc doesn't help in that department. Are you getting cheap lightweight doors etc mate?

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
Wow that light cup racers are 950 with 1 seat so with 2 seats, tank and sump guard, hand held extinguisher, still with steel bonnet and boot and glass.

My std cup racer was 960kg with 2 seat belts.

Lol, just noticed typo error. 991kg with race fuel and me.
Haha that's more like it the lowest I could get is 1060 and that's if I get carbon doors etc and also loose a fair bit of weight myself.
Don't get too bogged down with the weight thing Ash. It did'nt stop me winning :nono:
Tis true Mark :) your series is power to weight though where the Tintops is just a free for all lol!

It surprised me the figures quoted, but cages/safety etc doesn't help in that department. Are you getting cheap lightweight doors etc mate?

Was planning on Jonny but won't be doing so for a while got more important areas to work on first :)

that can be done ;)
Haha I know it can just need to rob a bank :) would love a proper engine but I need to be patient! Keep the donor engine safe till then ;)

Lionel Richie
you didn't ever ask me how much, seeing as i'm building 2 at the moment i might aswell do 3, Tony can run it in for you!

Audi A6 & 172 Cup
Actually, thinking about that, something sticks in my mind about it having to be within a certain distance from the middle of the car.

Cup In bits
For MSA the rain lights have always to be in the centre unless you have one at either side i.e fog lights. It's so you can tell the position of the car on track.

Is the tin tops spa race definitely FIA regs?
I have been told it needs to meet the Belgium equivalent of our MSA bluebook and from a quick google a few months ago it sounded like FIA approval for all kit (different sized extinguisher, FIA fuel tank or FIA approved foam in the std tank etc etc) I will be speaking to the club before I spend anymore money making it suitable and also need to see what will happen with regards my cage as I don't have the certs for the cage.

not properly, get them fitted by a proper window fitter, their glue is awesome!
I agree with what this man says! Mine were fitted professionally by a window fitter! Yes it costs, but they don't come loose or fall out.

What's a full set of polycarbs cost these days?
I think the best/cheapest way to do it is ACW sides and then the P4P rear which is £160ish+vat

A full set from P4P with sliders is nearly £700 I think

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21359984590.094821.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk 21359984618.314022.jpg
Just collected the car and its all done and looking nice :) I'm over the moon with the stuff we have done with it.

Will start to put it back together this evening!

Golf GTD Mk7
Looking good pal.

On the window thing, could you not accost a Autoglass guy to see if he would do you a foreigner? Their glue is brilliant stuff.

With how much you've had painted were you not tempted to pull the roof and rear quarter vinyls off and have the whole thing done white?

Or is it just me that has a serious lust for white Clios lol