ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BIGASH/FF-Racing X85 Clio Cup Racer Project

Re: James/BigAsh 182 Race Car by TDF... It doesn't get much better than this! *Pic He

I'm the same normally but I think I need to compromise in the middle really because as you say twitchy is probably quicker so I need to get used to it and get going quicker :) I always get pretty high scores on the Batak reaction machine so hopefully my reactions are okay :)

williamsclio.co.uk/forum
Re: James/BigAsh 182 Race Car by TDF... It doesn't get much better than this! *Pic He

I saw you out the back of the circuit warming up your tyres before getting going a few laps later....never seen weaving like that before ;)

I was hoping to see a few of these racing clios battle it out - but there was some big gaps between cars and not much over taking being done.

I saw that Blue 205 go off though - OUCH!!!!!

I saw you out the back of the circuit warming up your tyres before getting going a few laps later....never seen weaving like that before ;)

I was hoping to see a few of these racing clios battle it out - but there was some big gaps between cars and not much over taking being done.

I saw that Blue 205 go off though - OUCH!!!!!
Haha sorry yes it's because normally I just warm the tyres up by building the speed slowly and just working them that way but was only going to be out for 5-10 mins so needed to get some heat into them lol!

Yes well the big gap from me was just because I wanted a bit of clean air really, I got stuck behind one car though that seemed to have a problem as they were going very slowly but not moving away from the left hand side of the track so couldn't overtake :(

I came round mcleans and saw the aftermath and it looked nasty :( Apparently it wasn't even his car :S

172 Race Car

I had a big spin in craners on my first vist there. The car in front took it a lot slower than I was expecting and I had to lift. Tyres were like 50p when I'd stopped

I can't imagine it's the nicest place to spin! I had a big moment yesterday but luckily just floored it and straightened it up but then missed the next apex lol! Bloody novice :eek:

williamsclio.co.uk/forum

gutted for the 205 owner then.

At one point i watched u more a less come to a stop lol

Yeah he must be gutted :(!

Haha yes I was trying to keep a decent gap to the people in front as didn't want to get caught up in anyones accident lol!

The new Sabelt seat arrived a few hours ago and still isn't right :( It's not the end of the world as now just going to swap for the same seat but without the added head wrap round so should be able to see in the Anglesey race (Subject to it arriving from Italy in time)

The data logger has gone back to Race technology to get them to fix it as it has never worked 100% so hopefully that should be back so that we have timing for the test session at Anglesey and then I think (hope) the car is all sorted and ready to race!

Ordered some spare tyres this morning but now need to try and find a 3rd set of wheels before Anglesey as the tyre company don't go upto Anglesey apparently so need to have them fitted to some rims! If anybody knows of any 15" OZ Ultraleggera's for sale then please let me know :)

182cup & 172 racecar

You sure about that James, they were there last year.

Apparently so :( I called them to order some tyres as they are mega cheap for the 888's but then they said they aren't going to Anglesey this year! I'm not having much luck trying to find a local garage to the circuit to do tyre swap's either! Looks like I need to bite the bullet and buy another set of wheels :(

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

TBH you can never have too many wheels anyway.
Means that you can leave the old tyres on for longer to use on practice days etc rather than having to keep throw them away when they are kind of useable.

Yeah definitely mate just never ending bank account drainer lol! I knew what I was getting myself in for though :)

OZ can't get me a set in time for Anglesey though and I need to try and get an identical set so that I can just change one wheel if I need to rather than the full set if I went with a different set of wheels with different weights, offsets etc. Was tempted to get a set of OZ f1's

182cup & 172 racecar

Much easier if they are all the same.

My Mrs would disagree with you Chip, she thinks 22 is too many.

I have 8 Oz F1s, 8 172 cup turinis, 4 cup racer 2118s and 1 172 ph2 and 1 non std renault turini as spares.

I should have just gone for ph1 Oz F1s from the start.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

My mrs would be over the moon if I got down to 22 wheels, lol.

We must have over 60 not on cars and about the same on cars at the moment, lol.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

That is a lot. I'm currently telling the mrs how lucky she is that I only have 20 odd ;)

Flol, should think that is going to fall on pretty death ears.

Will basically sound like: "I know im an idiot, but I know a guy who is an even bigger one, so you are lucky"

Megane r26

Saw your motor on Sunday, had a good snoop around an good chat with Matt from tdf, nice motor you have there. Shame I didn't see it in action.

Managed to get OZ to commit to getting me a set of the wheels from Italy in time for Anglesey so they will arrive the day before lol! Tyres have arrived too so hopefully we should ready to go next week :)

On another note though the car has nearly finished prep thanks to TDF today and is now going to be re-wrapped in time for Anglesey! Seems like its all go at the moment

182cup & 172 racecar

That reminds me, must put some fuel in ours. ;)

I would love what you can give ;)

Yeah if you get time mate that would be great! No rush though I'm not going anywhere :)

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

well i have weeknights now to start looking again, we shalt talk next week?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator

Re-wrapped? AND brand new wheels?

You really do have no budget with this do you?

Why is it being re-done anyway?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

Lol @ rob

I would defiantly be buying a better box not a new wrap. Lol.

As per earlier Convo though James I know why you aren't.

But stuff like a new wrap does just sound a waste when it doesn't actually do anything.

well i have weeknights now to start looking again, we shalt talk next week?
Ahh perfect mate :) Yes sounds like a plan to me thanks!
Re-wrapped? AND brand new wheels?

You really do have no budget with this do you?

Why is it being re-done anyway?
Sorry Rob I should of been more clear the wrap is being re-done FOC because the current wrap is un peeling from the whole car and the only solution is to use a different material which the same problem should't occur! They did try a repair the other month but the same thing is reoccurring. There are also a few other issues with it so the company have kindly offered to re-do it :)

The wheels are new though yes, ideally needed to have a second set of identical wheels to the other set of dry's :( I wasn't planning on getting a second set of dry wheels but no tyre change at Anglesey has kind of forced me into it after calling nearly all the garages on Anglesey and none will swap tyres they haven't supplied :(

I should of been more clear as I am actually trying to keep a strong hold on spending and saving money wherever I can such as the seat etc which hasn't cost a penny!

Lol @ rob

I would defiantly be buying a better box not a new wrap. Lol.

As per earlier Convo though James I know why you aren't.

But stuff like a new wrap does just sound a waste when it doesn't actually do anything.
As per my above post mate :)

I failed at getting the wheels for free even after spending the whole morning on the phone trying to persuade a couple of companies lol! Managed to sort a decent deal on them in the end but not free :(

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

Why free ?

Because racecar!

Lol

172 Race Car

we usually get the comment 'oh look anther one of those poor racing drivers' when we ask for discount

BMW Z4

Ahh perfect mate :) Yes sounds like a plan to me thanks!

Sorry Rob I should of been more clear the wrap is being re-done FOC because the current wrap is un peeling from the whole car and the only solution is to use a different material which the same problem should't occur! They did try a repair the other month but the same thing is reoccurring. There are also a few other issues with it so the company have kindly offered to re-do it :)

The wheels are new though yes, ideally needed to have a second set of identical wheels to the other set of dry's :( I wasn't planning on getting a second set of dry wheels but no tyre change at Anglesey has kind of forced me into it after calling nearly all the garages on Anglesey and none will swap tyres they haven't supplied :(

I should of been more clear as I am actually trying to keep a strong hold on spending and saving money wherever I can such as the seat etc which hasn't cost a penny!

I just gave up with that one. I only intended on checking my timing belt tension and have ended up rebuilding my whole engine. How does that happen? OCD that's how!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

we usually get the comment 'oh look anther one of those poor racing drivers' when we ask for discount

Harsh reality is that at your level if someone gives you a grands worth of bits and sticks a sticker on your car, its unlikely to yield a grands worth of extra profit from sales for them I suppose mate.