ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BIGASH/FF-Racing X85 Clio Cup Racer Project

182cup & 172 racecar
Re: James/BigAsh 182 Race Car by TDF... It doesn't get much better than this! *Pic He

Harsh reality is that at your level if someone gives you a grands worth of bits and sticks a sticker on your car, its unlikely to yield a grands worth of extra profit from sales for them I suppose mate.

Agency Transmissions are swamped with Clio boxes, that worked.

Schma Schme 1.6l
Re: James/BigAsh 182 Race Car by TDF... It doesn't get much better than this! *Pic He

Harsh reality is that at your level if someone gives you a grands worth of bits and sticks a sticker on your car, its unlikely to yield a grands worth of extra profit from sales for them I suppose mate.

Its all about brand awareness, stick your name on something, people see it.

I have need clue who agency transmissions are but because of tony/jay I know who to use and who to tell anyone who asks me.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

Agreed totally, for some very specific examples like that it can work, especially with a whole forum full of members who are likely to need a gearbox rebuild at some point, but for stuff like free alloy wheels like Ash was on about its less likely to see a return for the company involved.

Anglesey final instructions have arrived today :) Getting really excited now!

Practice/Quali at 10.40 for 30 minutes so an extra 10 minutes compared to Brands which will be handy :)

Race is at 15.10 for 40 minutes so luckily at a bit better time of the day compared to Brands!

Typically a set of OZ Ultraleggera's came up for sale on here the day after I ordered the new set :( lol! We seem to have an issue again with one of the rear wheel bearing's that I fitted the before the last trackday so a bit concerned as to why they are going again as I did torque them up correctly :(

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

Thats not good about the rear wheel bearing :(

Wonder if there is an underlying problem, although struggling to think off hand what that could be TBH

I know I'm really confused by it as I also changed the stub axle's so they can't be at fault, the rear beam is even pretty good when it gets the geo checked! All I can think is either a dodgy bearing from Renault or just putting too much load through that wheel with the suspension setup being soft

Current one's i'm not too sure but should have stiffer and shorter one's arriving for the test next week so that we can but the platform adjusters back in and hopefully should improve things :)

I know mate I saw it on the list this morning :(!

looks so odd back in silver...

20120623_132644.jpg

good luck with the testing...

172 Race Car

Er, why not leave it like that?

Haha thanks for the photo Stu I think I might see it Monday morning before it gets wrapped but good to see it in silver again :) Al says he like it in this colour what did you think?

I think it looks really good without mirrors lol!

Haha green would be pretty funny! Can't get my money back unfortunately but the new material has arrived and i'm sure it will look good! It's a darker grey from what i've been told so will be interesting to see it when it's done!

yeah i was talking to Al about it today.... i`m not sure...

if it was a nutty road car i think i`d prefer silver...

BUT

its a racecar... so i think matt grey looks the part.. i think it needs more "livery" when its done though, ford tiger stripes in orange and white!! hahahahahahahah

Haha yeah! Al said he wasn't sure now when he text me earlier! It has already got some orange livery drawn up ready to be cut and put on but doubt that will happen anytime soon as got plenty of other things to worry about first :( lol

haha yeah re-wrap, geo setup, wheel bearing(s)??

i`m seriosly hoping your luck changes soon mate, not only so you can enjoy the thing but also so some of the other projects @ TDF can be gotten on with!!!!! ;-)

haha yeah re-wrap, geo setup, wheel bearing(s)??

i`m seriosly hoping your luck changes soon mate, not only so you can enjoy the thing but also so some of the other projects @ TDF can be gotten on with!!!!! ;-)
Yeah the main plan is just to get the running well for now Stu :)

Haha me too mate! Thanks! Yeah yours :rasp:
I'm buying you a lucky rabbits foot ;)
Thanks mate haha! :D

Setting off at 9 in the morning to head over to Anglesey :) The wheels arrived at 4pm today so nice and tight for time! Had to get my Italian pal to speak with OZ Italy and get the UPS details as was unsure they would arrive in time! Got the car loaded with all the car stuff but not sure where my things are going now lol!

Feel a bit weird about the weekend really, Can't wait for the weekend but not excited if that makes sense! Think it's just because of my history at Anglesey and also the fact I have hardly driven there and never on the layout that we are racing on!

Will be good fun though and will be keeping Twitter and FB updated over the weekend! As always results and live timing will be on TSL :) My aim for the first race was not to be last and my aim for this race is not to be last in my class lol!

Thanks as always for reading and supporting means a lot :)

James

Ps the forecast for the test day looks HORRIBLE :dead: lol! Wish me luck for two/three nights camping!

All the best for the weekend James and don't get too wet camping - can always grab one of those warm white\grey fluffy things (not on about Tony either) to keep you company in the tent.

SQ5
Is there anyway that you could get sponsorship from a camping/caravan place?

My mate did and was a god send as he got to take a free caravan to every race meet!

182cup & 172 racecar

All the best for the weekend James and don't get too wet camping - can always grab one of those warm white\grey fluffy things (not on about Tony either) to keep you company in the tent.

Morning.
Is there anyway that you could get sponsorship from a camping/caravan place?

My mate did and was a god send as he got to take a free caravan to every race meet!

Tow a caravan and a car, look like the Circus is arriving.

Schma Schme 1.6l
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

Why would he actually want a caravan at events though? Doesnt really sound all that useful, especially not considering he tows a trailer, lol

Schma Schme 1.6l

the car goes on the back of the spinter, so for local events/trackdays he just takes it on that with tools. for weekends, he tows the caravan behind the sprinter.

the caravan is nice to retreat to between races.

i'll stick to the motorhomes though personally!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

I meant why would Ash want one, given that he uses a trailer.

Lotus Elise

Setting off at 9 in the morning to head over to Anglesey :) The wheels arrived at 4pm today so nice and tight for time! Had to get my Italian pal to speak with OZ Italy and get the UPS details as was unsure they would arrive in time! Got the car loaded with all the car stuff but not sure where my things are going now lol!

Feel a bit weird about the weekend really, Can't wait for the weekend but not excited if that makes sense! Think it's just because of my history at Anglesey and also the fact I have hardly driven there and never on the layout that we are racing on!

Will be good fun though and will be keeping Twitter and FB updated over the weekend! As always results and live timing will be on TSL :) My aim for the first race was not to be last and my aim for this race is not to be last in my class lol!

Thanks as always for reading and supporting means a lot :)

James

Good luck, I look forward to the updates. Remember you can always turn in quicker ;)

SQ5
Two people could drive different cars?

I'd much rather sleep in a caravan than a tent before a race meet!

Friend raced bikes so bike was in van.

Thanks for all the message of good luck :)! Unfortunately had a pants day! Done 20 minutes and the bearing the coilover is knackered causing massive play. That was the day over really so another wasted day at Anglesey :(, massive thanks to Fred who was going to lend us some suspension which was really kind of him. In the end the car has gone back to TDF had some temporary coilovers fitted and is en-route as we speak! Still need to get the stickers on in the morning before scruitineering!

Don't know what it is with my luck and Anglesey! Having a good laugh with all the guys up here tonight and now feeling in a better mood! Tomorrow is really just now going to be a matter of go out and have fun! It has got a set of H+R's so will be really soft and can't run much camber but at least I'll be out there and able to get the car out and get another signature!

Will get home Sunday and have a re-asses I think as can't carry on with everything how it is going we just keep getting lots of failures resulting in no time in the car!

I feel so sorry for Alan he woke up at 2am this morning to get the car up here, has worked non-stop all day and driven not far off 800 miles towing! The guy is a saint and still has 3 hours of driving left to go!

Massive thanks too to everyone who has offered there suspension to get me out there, I have met so many genuinely nice people through here who will always go out of their way to help out!

Unfortunately less can be said for Demon Tweeks who could of saved us a whole lot of faff and made themselves some money in the process but I will explain all that in the write up! Let's just say they will now be for emergency use only as they have given me such poor customer service over the last year or so! C**NTS!

Audi A6 & 172 Cup

Really sorry to hear about this James, can't believe the luck your having! I know it's easy to sit here and say this but dont let it grind you down, I've been through some tough times with cars over the years, admittedly I have given up on a few of them and sold them but it's so much nicer when you stick at it and finally start getting some results from them.

What beaing has failed, the ones inside the coilover?