ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Black Gold 182 Detailed - New products tested.

106 GTi
Tested a few new products on the 182 over the last couple of weeks, had a spare couple of hours yesterday morning to finish the car off.

Paintwork, sealed with Blackfire Wet Diamond Sealant which seems ideal for Dark and Metallic Colours. Very easy on and easy off, looks great with depth close to Carnuba depth, no flake muting and very slick glossy finish. One of the easyist sealants I have found on and off.

Topped with a nice coat of Wax. I initally tried some Zymol Carbon Wax alongside CG 50/50 wax

I could not see ay differnce between them, so went over the whole car with with the 50/50 and at half the price of the Zymol - this is a very nice wax. A good choice - Easy on and off and leaves a great finish.

IMG_4906.jpg

IMG_4918.jpg

Also had the chance to try some of the Alloy Wheel Wax

Previously had been using Autogym Super Resin and Extra Gloss so to be able to use a one step product to save time seemed a good idea. Easy to use on and off, will see how well it lasts.

IMG_4922.jpg

Few more pics HERE for anyone intrested.

182 has now gone!
looks good... I dont have a black car but my boyfriend does.. might invest in some blackfire wet diamond sealant..

Quick question.. how do you keep your wheel arches so clean?? :eek:

looks good... I dont have a black car but my boyfriend does.. might invest in some blackfire wet diamond sealant..

because he is the master detailer.

his work is stunning, love the car rich. top job as always.

106 GTi

It is nice stuff, on a Metallic Black car it looks really black but does not seem to mute the flake in the paint.

Spent and hour or so cleaning them up last weekend to get them looking like that, all the plastics under them where cleaned and dressed with Autoglym Bumper Care gel as they had gone all grey and washed out.

Whenever I wash the car I spray the wheel arches with Meguiars All Purpose cleaner, scrub them with a strong mixture of cheap and cheerfull car shampoo and hose them off really well so the stay clean. Adds some time onto the wash process though :(

106 GTi
rich can u only apply the black fire sealent by hand?

and how does it compare with CGm-seal?

Could be PC applied with a finishing pad, I dont like getting the machine out for just applying a sealant, plus for me a PC pad seems to absorb and waste alot of product. So easy to use by hand no real advantage IMO.

As easy off, spreads on even easier. Looks a little wetter and deeper in colour and leaves the paint feeling alot slicker then the m/seal. But it is about twice the price, and some say it is not as durable as the m/seal other say it is. Not tested that myself yet so can't really comment. On looks and use alone I would pick the Blackfire.

Cheers for the comments all.

MK2 Audi TT - 2.0T dsg.
Lovely finish on your car Rich. Looks really deep and slick!

Great job, thanks for the pics.

clio williams n0.26
thanks for the reply rich:)

can only second what everyone else has said your car does look show car good:cool:

and always an honest assesment on products

106 GTi
Cheers.

Like everything other people may prefer different products, I try to write up how I find the products for me. It was nice to get hold of some products that work well, am pleased with the Blackfire, and the the CG 50/50 Wax is superb, I just hope they do something as good to match it for when it is old out. The Zymol however was bit of a let down though.

The interest on the 50/50 has been superb so far but we have plenty left ,so there is no need to worry,but that size of tin should last for some time Rich;)

FF Blackgold 182
Like you say Rich, "Black Mirror 182". Looks mint m8. Do use a machine polisher and if so, which one? Interseting to see what products everyone else uses. Echoing what other people are saying, it's good to get an impartial asessment, rather than just listening to what the manufacturer thinks.

106 GTi
Cheers all.

Yeah they where both good products Al.

Like you say Rich, "Black Mirror 182". Looks mint m8. Do use a machine polisher and if so, which one? Interseting to see what products everyone else uses. Echoing what other people are saying, it's good to get an impartial asessment, rather than just listening to what the manufacturer thinks.

I have a PC Porter Cable polisher, which apart from on the bonnet I have not used on the car since the start of the year. The whole car could do with a pass from it again now but I don't like to deep polish the paint more than once a year.

FF Blackgold 182
Cheers all.

Yeah they where both good products Al.

I have a PC Porter Cable polisher, which apart from on the bonnet I have not used on the car since the start of the year. The whole car could do with a pass from it again now but I don't like to deep polish the paint more than once a year.

Cheers Rich. Got some surface scratches that may polish out, but I'm not sure whether investment in a polisher would be worthwhile for me. Thanks again for the advice though. Where are you based in Glos? I'm down in Yate.

106 GTi
Have a few freinds in Yate. Just North of Cheltenham, off the M5 at Junction 9.

Is a worth while investement, if you get you moneys worth out of it, but once you have the machine, pads and polishers it all mounts up in costs. If you think you can get enough use out of it, I would really consider one. I got frustrated by the marks in mine and by hand they would just not come out.

FF Blackgold 182
Oh right, yeah? I'll have to look into it to get prices and stuff. Maybe I'll take her down a bodyshop to get the annoying ones out if I decide that I won't get the use out of a polisher. Many thanks for the advice tho Rich.:)

106 GTi
I know exactly what I will be using on yours in the spring Steve.

Whatever I quoted you at RWS on the price ;)

Yes it will shine !

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
awesome car!
looks so clean id eat off it...but i would eat off most things...

you need silver visions though :p

Liquid yellow clio R27
Rich your car is looking amazing could you tell me if we get any discount at polished bliss for the blackfire wet diamond stuff.

106 GTi
No discount codes as far as I know. There are savings to be made if you place a big order.

RB 182
Brilliant as ever Rich, you need to get the order for the WheelGuard in while David is doing the offer on delivery, that really does a good job, much better than RimWax IMO, RimWax is old hat now ;)

Glad your liking the 50/50, as you say it's a very easy wax to work with and you get great results too.

106 GTi
Pah - t turned up about 1 day after the Wheel Guard went on sale. Wont be getting anymore until that is gone now!

Clio
wow! absolubtly stunning, even when i washed, clayed, used super resin and extra gloss protection it doesnt look a touch on that! fantastic :clap: