ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Black Ice :-(

BMW M5 & E36
I was heading home late last night on the A1. Came onto the sliproad at normal kind of speeds and lost the back end. Full opposite lock but there was no way it was coming back. Anyway, I spun into a sign post and then round again leaving me nicely off the road.

What do we reckon? I'm only 3rd F+T so theres obviously no insurance money coming my way, but does it look beyond repair? Apart from the pics below the recovery guy reckons a steering rod is bent and a driveshaft has gone. Or is it simply not worth repairing if at all possible? (it was a 2001 1.2 on 28k)

The damage:

FFS010.gif

FFS004.gif

FFS003.gif

FFS007.gif

And it's my 18th today, great :dapprove: .

car? need a license 1st!
Unlucky fella.. take more care in icey weather eh? :D

Looks like a write off to me, but i'm not an expert. I can't see you having that much damage and nothing underneath!!

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
f**k thats sooo gay, y were u only 3rd party u silly person, specially in winter time. so gutting.

alot of the engine wud be fucked as it wud have been pushed back i would think but i dunno.

Scenic mk1 (F3R)
na thas nowhere near the engine. id break it for spares or have a go at repairing it my self but then i do have a few good mates in the trade

57 Ibiza Formula Sport
sorry to hear :( i dont know anything about cars but i feel sorry for u. happy birthday too (even though u probably arent in the mood)

BMW M5 & E36
So it looks pretty well written off then. The rad has been pushed back into the clutch so its not too keen on moving, but it stills runs fine.

3rd party cos it's all I can afford. If i could afford fully comp then trust me, I would get it.

So its either a case of giving it to the scrappy or splitting bits off it? What is there thats worth selling!

:(

happy birthday mate! :)

car looks proper rogered unfortunately... probably looking at over a grand to repair it yourself, and thats relying on nothing being bent underneith...

So it looks pretty well written off then. The rad has been pushed back into the clutch so its not too keen on moving, but it stills runs fine.

3rd party cos it's all I can afford. If i could afford fully comp then trust me, I would get it.

So its either a case of giving it to the scrappy or splitting bits off it? What is there thats worth selling!

you have to ask yourself, can you afford not to have the car?

for the extra £200 or so on the insurance i know what i would choose.

TBF, I always went 3rd party when I was younger as I wasn't going to pay obscene amounts for insurance, but then again, I don't think I ever had a car worth that much, mine were always under £2,500, had it been more I may have considered "upgrading". Unlucky fella, a double shitter as it's your 18th, just go out, get hammered and forget all about it :)

E92 M3 Monte Carlo
best thing to do is get a garage to look at it see whats wrong,then if its not to bad source all the parts second hand and get a garage to do it as a cash jobby

Clio
sorry to hear that fella, although should of been more careful in those conditions though bud, you should of planted the throttle when the rear end started to go, the front wheel drive would have pulled you out of the slide if you had nailed the throttle, ah well onwards and upwards pal.

Renault Clio Mk2 Ph1 1.2
Looks like more than just a bump so at least your ok mate. It will cost a bomb to repair that, also crashed cars after being sorted always go wrong. I wouldnt touch 1.

impreza sti prodrive
i can tell you know its a cat c write off. there will be structural damage to the inner wing & the bottom crossmember. it is repairable just depends on how much garages are going to charge you. it will vary everywere. tbh its guna be more hastle than its worth. itle never be the same as it was to drive & if you sell it when its finished without telling the new owner you will be liable to prosicution if anything happens whilst there driving....
hope this helps

Mustang, S13, AX GT
unlucky mate, but I dont think that the repairs will be very wise, ebay as spare parts and a new car I think is the most cost-effective option.

BMW M5 & E36
Looks like i best get looking for something else then.

Will most of the stuff be salvagable for sale apart from the obviously broken bits?

www.renparts.co.uk
if your handy you could have that repaired about half the price of buying a replacement... including paintwork.. unless the roof has damage.. in which case forget it imo..

BMW M5 & E36
Roof looks fine chaps. Got a bodyworks guy coming for a look tomorrow, though to be fair it looks expensive and it probably isnt worthwhile.

I'll let you know what he says.

Anyone need any bits?!

Punto/Clio GTT
get 2nd hand parts and repair it. it is a write off but its not *that* bad, big chain + reverse = fixed front end