ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

bmw m3 CSL - new shape concept

1.2 Dynamique billabong
well i havent had a chance to a proper chop in ages but today i came up with this.

original - standard m3
2007-BMW-M3-Concept-Side-Angle-Stud.jpg

chop - wide arched. custom splitter and extend lower grill and vents, enlarge bonnet bulge, de handled, carbon fibre bonnet and mirrors
m3-csl-warehouse-paint-web.jpg

ps wasnt sure where to put this thread but as it uses photo editing software i thought i would put it in here

LY 182 FF CUPPED
Jim you have just gave me an idea...
As well as a monthly photo comp why don't you run a 'chop' comp.

You pick a piccy and we the general public get to show our best 'chop'???

1.2 Dynamique billabong
Jim you have just gave me an idea...
As well as a monthly photo comp why don't you run a 'chop' comp.

You pick a piccy and we the general public get to show our best 'chop'???

sounds like a good idea mate :approve:

1.2 Dynamique billabong
How did you do the blueprint version?

its quite easy mate, first go filters>stylize>find edges. it will then give you an outline but in wierd neon colours, make the image black and white (ctrl, shift, U) this will make the car white with black outlines. to make it work as a blue print the lines need to be white so invert the image (ctrl I). you now need to make the black fill in the car blue (ctrl U) will bring up the hue/saturation sliders, tick the colourise box and put the following numbers in Hue +215, saturation +69, lightness +26. that is the car sorted.

make a new layer (below the car layer) and use the eye dropper to match the background colour of the new layer to that of blue fill of the car. then to add a grid i just went on google images typed in grid and copied one. find one which is black and white and if necessary invert it to make the lines of the grid white then change the blending option to screen.

hope that make sense if you get stuck just let me know :)

SLK 350
Jungle Jim, thread of the month!

Awesome - be sweet if you wrote some tutorials for us novice/intermediates piece by piece :)

LY 182 FF CUPPED
The Hoff go to a thread I have just started called "calling all you photoshop gurus"

HAve fun

Monaco Blue 172 (56/468)
brilliant stuff mate - those alloys are similar to some ac schnitzer ones iv seen on a 6 series at the local dealer

RRS, 172, ST3, VTS
jim whats the best way to cut the background out of a car so its just the car, i try and go round it with the eraser tool but it looks stupid afterwards, any help?

LY 182 FF CUPPED
Have a look at a thread I have ust started mate....its 1 below this called "Calling all you photoshop gurus"....hope it helps.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
That M3 CSL is Amazing... Get in Contact with the BMW Design Team :D