ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Boosted 225 Pearl Black

225 powered mk2
Re: The Black clio Project, From Day 1.

UPDATE 5/12/10
Not been able to do much lately, due to work and the weather, But i suppose i shall share somthing with you lot, I was gonna keep this on the hush but oh well.
Wide much?
SDC11092.jpg

Oh haii 172 front end!
SDC11097.jpg

172 sideskirts
SDC11103.jpg

Front end ready for the old lump to come out.
SDC11122.jpg

Just waiting on a few bits for the new engine, soon as i have them they sahll be fitted and the engine will get a final check over and dropped in. :)

Cars coming along awesome bud but 1 niggle, i wouldnt of painted the yellow bits on the dash, i would of used yellow flock as paint = shiney and defeats the point of a flocked dash

225 powered mk2

Cars coming along awesome bud but 1 niggle, i wouldnt of painted the yellow bits on the dash, i would of used yellow flock as paint = shiney and defeats the point of a flocked dash

This is true, I was going to have the flocked, but at the time i had ran out of money and needed them done asap. the interior light surround and rear doorcard inserts are yellow flocked ;)

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182

Saw this car at French car show and trax! Loved it both times mate! Really glad I found it on here!! Really good read! And I love what you have done inside looks amazing!! :cool:

225 powered mk2

UPDATE 29/12/10
Not much due to christmas and the weather and mainly partying alot.
But anyway Last week Rolled her round onto the other drive.
SDC11124.jpg

SDC11125.jpg

Then drained all the fluids, Rad off, Driveshafts out, Battery and ECU off, Loom out, Wiper motor and washer bottle out.
SDC11128.jpg

Then exhaust off, PAS pump, Alternator, fuel lines, Gear linkage all off.
Undid all the engine mounts,
And after a few swear words Engine was out. :)
SDC11129.jpg

SDC11130.jpg

Current state.
SDC11132.jpg

Next few things shall be getting a few more parts and new engine mounts as mine have seen better days!
Im also changing to the 'widetrack' clio setup at front to allow me better handling and better brake options :)
Cheers.

225 powered mk2

UPDATE 4/1/11
Well progress is going slower than i liked at the moment, mainyl due as i need to free some dolla up.
Anyway 172 rear beam, this shall be treated to a good coat of paint and new discs and pads!
SDC11133.jpg

Then just fitted the top engine mount
SDC11134.jpg

I started to get rid and treat patches of rust.
Before
SDC11135.jpg

During
SDC11137.jpg

After, Fresh.
SDC11140.jpg

Also dropped the subframe off. to replace the steering rack, and bushes etc.
SDC11147.jpg

Subframe off.
SDC11148.jpg

More soon guys :)
cheers.

This thread is full of WOW.

Awesome project, good stuff mate, keep up the updates and pics!

MK2 FRS/Mini Type R

Really suprised by this thread - thought it was gonna be another how low can you go and cover the car in stickers thread - but a great twist with the new motor!.. respect to you - coming along nicely!...

Clio RT

Looks like a great project, flocking and turbos = WIN in my eyes !

2002 Clio 1.2 Extreme

looking good mate. was just wondering where did you get your car cover from is a universal one or something specific for clio?

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182

i jusr dug up some pics from french car show 2010! beautiful car cnt wait for you to finsh!!

225 powered mk2

UPDATE 21/2/11
quick update, Progress has being abit slow over the last month, mainly due to getting messed around with parts etc, but while i have being waiting for them to turn up, I have got on with some of the smaller jobs :)
Rust treated, Inner arches and front chassis painted.
Before
SDC11173.jpg

After
SDC11175.jpg

Also Stripped the Sport rear axle down for a rebuild and Some new Brakes, bearings and brake lines ;)
Before
SDC11208.jpg

SDC11209.jpg

Beam painted at 2am in the morning :D
SDC11210.jpg

Calipers Before
SDC11202.jpg

After First coat.
SDC11203.jpg

Dropped the Old Axle off too.
SDC11197.jpg

180155_10150402195300191_696775190_17406205_7229213_n.jpg

This weekend, hopefully the new axle will be on, Front subframes should be rebuild and back on, then She may be back on 4 wheels!
Also the Bay is being prepped :)
More the weekend :)

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.

This is going to be bloody awesome! nice one

Jap Box

Wow this is an awesome read! Loving the progress on it so far and how much effort youve put into it all.

Cant wait to see the finished result.

225 powered mk2

UPDATE 21/3/11
Quite abit has happened since i last updated, she is starting to look more like a car now, Rear beam, new disc, pads, handbrake cable all fitted.
SDC11298.jpg

Started to wire things back up, one part of the loom
SDC11288.jpg

Heater motor, wiper motor, washer bottle all wired up and scuttle panel refitted.
SDC11289.jpg

Subframe painted black, 172 wider steering rack fitted, Anitroll bar fitted
SDC11300.jpg

Then as eurocarparts sent me all the wrong parts i got bored and well
SDC11301.jpg

SDC11302.jpg

Feeling on getting this power coated next year and polybush'd up.
Fitted the 172 front end
SDC11304.jpg

Also fitted my bigger calipers
SDC11305.jpg

Checked they cleared the wheels
SDC11308.jpg

Then wheels on and dropped on 4 for the first time since last year :)
SDC11309.jpg

Just waiting on a couple more bits and pieces, then more progress shall be done, good job its pay day next week :)
Some more goodies shall be here this week aswell, Also having one or two problems with the rear calipers, so gonna have a good look and check them over.
Cheers :)

225 powered mk2

Legend! first tune i shall slam when shes up and running

Clio 1.2 mk2

Looks awesome man, will be following this. I love the turbines too!

225 powered mk2

UPDATE 3/5/11
Well alot has happened since i last updated, mainly roadtrips all over the UK to source parts and build engines etc :)
So basically long story short, the 6speed box wouldnt fit into the bay unless bits were chopped etc, then having a good think, head stratching and talking to some clio guru's the end plan was to get hold of a F4R block out the clio 172/182 and put all the 225 internals into the block and use the JC5 box.
So I began stripping the F4RT 225 block down for the head etc. finding out the cam seals were knackered, Full rebuild it was!
But no not so striaght forward as to make the 225 head work onto the block it need machining to take the pulley as the F4R block doesnt run the water pump of the cambelt. So on the hunt and fone calls i went, spoke to a few people in the know... but i was feeling this is impossible now... so i made 2 last calls... they both got in contact with a guy, minutes later i had a txt saying 'call me re 225' Straight on the phone i was to the man who knows his turbo conversions. hope was in sight!
So seconds later i went to renault to ordered all the parts we needed. nice big bill, but got them on trade so all is good!
Started to strip the head down, one headbolt was an arse and needed to be drilled out so new set fo drill bits and few hours later it was out.
SDC11365.jpg

Cam seals
SDC11360.jpg

SDC11361.jpg

Then i need to source an oil feed kit, intercooler and more parts. Luckily someone was selling, so up to leeds i went.
Oil feed kit fitted.
SDC11373.jpg

Intercooler.
SDC11349.jpg

Fitted.
SDC11357.jpg

New engine mounts arrived.
SDC11316.jpg

New gauges arrived.
SDC11331.jpg

Started to refit dash.
SDC11335.jpg

Test fitted pods
SDC11375.jpg

SDC11378.jpg

wired fusebox back in
SDC11379.jpg

Fresh parts!
SDC11380.jpg

Then after a mega long day up north, We have a fully rebuilt engine, I cant thank the guys enough for all the work, info and help they have given me ( you know who you are ;) )
No pictures of the engine rebuild as i was learning too much and all the info going in and the rig up drill we used :D and the laughs.
Day after It was time to drop the engine in so i could send it off for the exhaust! Will have to come back out as im changing the box so it has a speedo drive in and paddle clutch to fit :)
Day started like this
SDC11382.jpg

Put the box on, dropped it in.
SDC11384.jpg

SDC11385.jpg

The tiger is back, as i like to be different :D
SDC11389.jpg

New brakes.
SDC11392.jpg

Car is currently on 4 wheels and having the exhaust done. more parts ordered.
Wont be long now.
I'd like to thank everyone who is currently helping me along the way, Credit to all. :)
More soon.
cheers.

Trophy Turbo :)

Awsome , I love the tiger roberto !!!

I smell booost ;) welcome to the F4RT " Mans" Club :) Your number Three :)

225 powered mk2

20/09/11
Well, a very long over due updateof the last 5 months, well before mod nats, i tried my hardest along with others to get the car done for the show, so off it went for an exhaust, week later it was back with this. custom downpipe and through to the rear box :)
SDC11393-1.jpg

SDC11395.jpg

SDC11396.jpg

SDC11432-1.jpg

Also i picked up some rather nice recaros from a good mate :)
so to get them to fit i called good old matty! nice one kid!!!
started off as normal runners, then welded new bits on
SDC11398.jpg

SDC11397.jpg

Then a lick of black paint.
SDC11430-1.jpg

SDC11424-1.jpg

And they are in
SDC11427-1.jpg

Then off the car went to a special 'clio god' for some work, MEGA THANKS to him (you know who you are)
Some more goodies. stand alone ECU
SDC11403.jpg

box of goodies, connectors, loom, sensors etc.
SDC11401.jpg

3" 4 point TRS harnesses
SDC11404.jpg

Also retrimmed the headliner thanks to sarie :)
SDC11431-1.jpg

Then i got the car back and did a few things, and she ran, thanks to all the hard owrk everyone put in, also the throttle had been converted from electronic to cable withan adapted throttle body, thenproblems just came, firt i couldnt get the fuel pump to prime, then all the relays got fried, then the coilpack got fried.. but then bits and bobs later, we was back on track...however then everything i made progress, i seemed to go further backwards. going to renault almost every other day, and breakers yards to get parts. I didnt really touch the car for a month or two, at this point i stopped, and realised how much id had spent on the car, and came so close to getting rid of everything and just having a nice boring car to roll around in, i had enough of all the car stuff, i just wanted to give up and move on!!
But could i really let a car beat me? could i give up after coming this far? after sitting down and taking alot of time out and talking to sara and the family and my close mates.... it was decided it was all or nothing, and me being me i decided it was ALL! so after quick break away, i came back, made some phone calls... and the pow! 2 weeks before trax it was game on, everythign i needed to buy was bought, everyt tool i needed i got, every hour for 2 weeks straight we worked on the car, and stupid amount of road trips began!
At this time i need to say a MASSIVE thank you to my durham friend Andy! could not of done this without him and his knowlegde also to sara and matty for basically kicking my ass and not letting me give in... so
Brakes rebuilt and bled.
SDC11421.jpg

Battery relocated
SDC11465-1.jpg

MAssive amounts of work was done and we was pulling days from 7am start to 2am next morning, living on fast food and coffee! so not many photos of what we was doin as we didnt have time!
Coilovers were stripped and cleaned, and rebuild with AST full adjustable top mounts
SDC11442-1.jpg

IMG_0574.jpg

then fitted to the car
SDC11477.jpg

Interior started to go back in
SDC11422.jpg

New fuel pump setup, pickup pump, swirl pot, another pump to engine, Nice one andy :D
SDC11467.jpg

Also sourced some drivehsafts, and also flexing a paddle clutch now too :)
also we fitted a clio cup alternator setup so i could keep the power steering, then lots of fiddly bits done, and we also had to swapthe fuel pickups over, which seems easy, but its not always the case as we found!
Then on the wednesday she was ready for a fire up, i had never been so nervous in all my life,
click 1 lights
Click 2 everything going well and pump was priming!
click 3, few times of the key and boom she started up a treat, everything was running good and smooth!
so then we checked everythign was torque up correctly( it must be right or im never happy or feel safe)
wheels on, dropped on the floor.... double checked everthing. bled all systems
Steering wheel clicked on, then for the 1st time in 11 months she had her first drive! and all was running sweet, bar the tracking which i needed to do but at 11.30 at night its not the best haha! so a few runs up the road and back it was all good, then at the top fo the road we lost power... i had ran out of fuel! oops :) so pushed back onto the drive and she sat there until the next day.
Got some fuel topped her up and started straight away! so onto the next jobs
New rear end, from a 182, which was smoothed, palstic welded and its and bobs,
trial fit
SDC11462-1.jpg

so then off to the bodyshop at midnight, to crack on, all prepped etc and then sprayed he next day, then fitted to the car, no pics tho as i forgot to get any lol!
then harnesses fitted
SDC11469-1.jpg

SDC11468-1.jpg

then set the camber and tracking up! all was good and trax was looking in our sight, then 11.30pm everything just came crashing down, popped to get some fuel, and on the way back to the car, i smelt petrol and hear a dripping noise, looking under the car fuel was just flowing out, so what aplace to break down, had to disconnect the battery and get all the petrol up from inside the car... straight away we could see the seal on the top of the tank had gave up on us, we thought it was ok but clearly not! so after 4 hours waiting for recovery we knew they wouldnt have a spare for us, so got the car back on the drive, ran into the house, opened a beer and had a think, i was so gutted, as everyone would of been supsrised as i ahdnt been seen for a few weeks haha, but then 10 mins after getting in it was time to go trax, so jumped into the mini, and we went, everyone cheered me up and made me that little bit happier, We had busted our balls for it to make it but oh well, a show is a show, there will be more...

Monday afternoon after trax, ordered a new seal and matty made me a one off tool to help with the job, and then POW few hours later she was all good!!!!
so here she is after a hard 11 months, she is reborn, nowhere finished, but she runs and i drive her as much as i can, still tons to do with bits i wanna mess with and do, mainly interior, stance, and the list goes on and on...
I cant thank everyone who has helped enough, this project would have been history now if it was for everyone coming down and helping!! family, sara, Andy, matty, warnie for his crazy hours, and EVERYONE ELSE YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!
SDC11474-1.jpg

Many more updates to come over the next few weeks, and a few bits i havnt put up yet ;)
cheers.

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.

Looks brilliant mate! Must be a machine! Are the top mounts ment to be on wrong? Lol

225 powered mk2

On wrong? on the car you mean? they were just like that when i took the photo, i think they are sat correctly now, but i havnt no idea?

can you advise me on how they should be?

cheers

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.

On wrong? on the car you mean? they were just like that when i took the photo, i think they are sat correctly now, but i havnt no idea?

can you advise me on how they should be?

cheers

The big orange bit that the smaller skrews into is ment to be under the car in the arch. And the smaller bit bolts down on top. I have pics of them fitted on my car in my thread if you have a look to compare them :)

225 powered mk2

Ohhhhh that makes more sense, i was having trouble with them!!! cheers dude, i feel a right dick now!

many thanks dude :D :D

alien green rs133

well done lad for putting up with the project through all the sh!t. i know exactly how you must of felt just before trax :(
i was on my way home to purchase tickets for trax, car was running mint and my 1600 threw a wobbly (well most of the internals out the exhaust :rasp: )

with a set of spacers on the front will look the dogs :D