ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Boosted 225 Pearl Black

Renault Clio
Re: The Black clio Project, From Day 1.

Wow. Just wow, are you going to modified live at brands next week would love to see this is the flesh!!!

225 powered mk2

Wow. Just wow, are you going to modified live at brands next week would love to see this is the flesh!!!

cheers! unfortantly im not going brands hatch, its a mission away from me... however i plan to be at most shows for the rest of the year :)

Renault Clio

Ahh that's a real shame, hey ho lol I'm kind of starting off on my Clio si you may be getting some messages of how did you do that from me ha.

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep

Amazing read. Saw it at FCS and didnt realise you had a thread.

Well done (Y)

Trophy Turbo :)
Rob. What more can i say. Well done, sorry ive not posted, Have not had any time to come onto CLio Sport.

The car is such a credit to your self, and i am really pleased that your happy with the Engine. Looks great.

Keep in touch :)

225 powered mk2
Rob. What more can i say. Well done, sorry ive not posted, Have not had any time to come onto CLio Sport.

The car is such a credit to your self, and i am really pleased that your happy with the Engine. Looks great.

Keep in touch :)

cheers Andy, and thanks for all the work and advice you gave me! will deffo keep in touch!!

Rob its Class! We laughed when we opened the Engine Bay as we all s**t our selves, always great to do some thing differnt, and lets face it the cars a TIGER alight ;)

haha i remember you saying when you opened it for the first time ;) suppose the tiger relates to the power ;) hope youre good dude

225 powered mk2
UPDATE! 18/07/12

Well not much has happened lately... apart from taking a trip up north to meet Andrew to have a mapping session and some RR power runs to see how the car is performing. so i got up at 6am on wednesday, filled the car up with some V power and off i went. Got to the unit he was using about 9.30 had a quick breakfast and then time to get the car all hooked up.

Because of how low the car was front bumper had to come off and also the sump guard. then eventually got it on the rollers.

IMG_0345.jpg

IMG_0348.jpg

Then after about an hour everythin was hooked up and ready to go, so Andrew started to work his magic, messing with settings etc, at this point i was outside and thn inside just taking videos etc. the first power run amazed us both, good power and running quiet smooth... few changes where needed though so Andrew carried on, then another power run and another... improving the graphs each time. Managed to smooth out the mid ragne torque and the fueling.

Anyway last power run... ill let the photos do the talking.

IMG_0361.png

IMG_0362.png

ATFW: 316.5 BHP
ATW: 283.8 BHP
Torque: 304.1 lbft

So happy with the results and then left about 1pm took it out the unit on the way back to the motorway... just driving normally is so much smoother now and also then nailing it it feels alot better, Just like to say thanks to Andrew for the magic he worked on the car!

Will try to upload graphs and videos later.

thats all for now, more soon.

cheers.

172 cup, Impreza P1
Excellent power mate, you must be well happy.

What turbo are you running and are you still on the std megane turbo and injectors?

R5 gtt, R27 F1 team
just read the whole project. what an awesome change from painted brake drums to f4rt!

what's done internally to the engine and what turbo is on?

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo
Apart from the airbrushing i love it! spoke to you at modified nationals, really good power!

340i
Woah that's good power... I've not read your full build thread but what spec is the engine?

EDIT: Just had a read and it appears to be a standard engine... standard turbo, standard injectors?

Last edited:
  Mental 172 Cup
Top work, can remember this car and your blue one from back in the KustomClios days ha.

Good work come a hell of a long way since it started. Many more plans mate?

Woah that's good power... I've not read your full build thread but what spec is the engine?

EDIT: Just had a read and it appears to be a standard engine... standard turbo, standard injectors?

Gray this is a "AndyG" Build :) Its running a Hybrid td04, 750cc Injectors etc :) its the engine out of my red one.

Fuel Lab Fuel Pressure Reg, Custom intake pipes and a a bigger TB. :)

225 powered mk2
Top work, can remember this car and your blue one from back in the KustomClios days ha.

Good work come a hell of a long way since it started. Many more plans mate?

Hey dude blast from the past, cheers, got some more plans for next year i think, cage, 888's etc :)

225 powered mk2
mapping done by Andrew Carr - www.teamcarr.net A personal friend of mine have known Andrew for 10 Years now and i would recomend him for any aftermarket remapping, hes Big in the Subaru/ Nissan and Mitsi Scene

Yes yes cant reccomend him enough, awesome bloke, and he knows what he is doing and is affordable! as Andy said, hes big in the nissan scene!

225 powered mk2
Gray this is a "AndyG" Build :) Its running a Hybrid td04, 750cc Injectors etc :) its the engine out of my red one.

Fuel Lab Fuel Pressure Reg, Custom intake pipes and a a bigger TB. :)

As said. if you want serious power speak to andyG... cheers for all the help aswell dude... will be in touch about that relocation kit :)

Grey its not strictly true re the full spec being the same, it runs a ported and larger inlet throttle bodie, the turbo exhaust was ported and there is a adjustable FPR, and i am still a big beliver that the standalone ECU and boost controler is a big factor in this as well. The OEM ecu can obviously do the job look at Pauls but i think you would need to spend a lot more time to get it 100% perfect with all the fiddling about, I do still belive live mapping is defo the best.

340i
Grey its not strictly true re the full spec being the same, it runs a ported and larger inlet throttle bodie, the turbo exhaust was ported and there is a adjustable FPR, and i am still a big beliver that the standalone ECU and boost controler is a big factor in this as well. The OEM ecu can obviously do the job look at Pauls but i think you would need to spend a lot more time to get it 100% perfect with all the fiddling about, I do still belive live mapping is defo the best.

ahh.. ;)

Cannot agree more, Andy.. If I was going for more power a boost controller, proper fuel rail (with a return) and FPR would be first on my list!

225 powered mk2
Cheers for all the comments guys, just currently making a list of things i want to sort or change to get it how i want it and then shall be off the road over winter while i mess abit more with it... Shall be doing a full paint correction&detail on it soon! so shall post that up.

cheers

225 powered mk2
Ouch, I have not updated this for years! Hmm best sort that out later this week, few changes have happened to this over the past year ;)