ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bought another 172/182 killer ;)

MK4 Anni & MK5 Edt30
Hiya Folks,

I've owned a Yellow Cupra Ibiza for the past 6 months. It was around 190bhp and a great fun little motor. However, I bought a new one on Monday. Spec is as follows -

K03s Turbo (Turbo refurbished by Turbodynamics and only done a 2000miles)
Custom Code Stage II (Done at JBS)
Laguna Front Mounted Intercooler
Milltek Sports CAT
Milltek CAT Back Exhaust
Forge DV007,
Forge TIP,
Samco Boost Hose Set,
Jetex 300BHP+ Induction,
N249 removed,
H&R Cup Suspension,
Powerflex Bushes,
N75J, (Have original too)
HID 6000k,
Stubby aerial,
Aero style wipers (fronts),
15mm Spacers on rear
Metal pressed number plates

Running at around 240BHP and it is a crazy crazy car.

Hope to see some Clios around!

006.jpg

010.jpg

014.jpg

016.jpg

017.jpg

022.jpg

engine.jpg

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
sleeper mate.
would drive for the sheer pleasure of seeing peoples faces when
they asume its 'just' a seat.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
What do you expect, old polo, 240bhp, a4 engine = oh dear.

Great on the straightaway as the yanks say.

They also say "no replacement for displacement" yes my mulleted, banjo playing cousin it's called engineering. 200bhp from a 6.7 litre V8 is not something to be proud of.

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP
unless the roads near him are built like a chain of adjoining figure of eights, id say 240 bhp and a 1120kg car is likely to pee over a stock 1#2, poor handing or not.

Anyway i think it looks good.

A4 Avant
I love the looks from the outside. Not a fan of the interior though.

How much do these go for?

500 Twinair
The seat turbos are sleeper cars, when ever i have seen one its always managed to get away. I dont understand why u come on a cliosport forum and say you cant wait to slay clios??? Surely you are going to get a reaction.
Nice spec and will thrash a clio, but hope you have upgraded the brakes.

MK4 Anni & MK5 Edt30
I love the looks from the outside. Not a fan of the interior though.

How much do these go for?

I paid £4900 for this one and its an X reg. Not the cheapest thing to buy. I gave £4400 for my yellow one and that was an 02 plate

MK4 Anni & MK5 Edt30
It's not too bad really. Has Eagle F1's on the front, they're pretty decent. The cars no good in the wet, can't put the power down at all. Have tried it in the dry yet as its rained all week :D

Always break, handling is terrible, the inside feel's smaller than a clio and generally a very boring car.

Sorry for posting 3 times internet had a hissy fit.

Cupra
A guy in my road has one of these. He has modded it quite a bit but it looks perfect... Have never been in one so dont know about handling, but they sound good on paper and look pretty nice.

Rear track is something like 40mm narrower than the front, and like someone's said its a mk2 golf, polo..

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP
The only stories I’ve heard of cars “breaking” is when at high tune – which is to be expected.
Feeling small and being boring doesn’t make them shite,

Scoobys get criticised about awd being boring, I wouldn’t say they are shite

a 750bmw would be boring but not shite

The only stories I’ve heard of cars “breaking” is when at high tune – which is to be expected.
Feeling small and being boring doesn’t make them s**te,

Scoobys get criticised about awd being boring, I wouldn’t say they are s**te

a 750bmw would be boring but not s**te

Mine and 2 mate's wernt highly tuned, only 220 bhp all forge bits etc done properly..

Coil packs, clutch pedal snapping, constant electrical faults and boost being cut. Look on seatcupra.net problem problems problems

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200

Scoobys aren't boring, just common. A 750 wouldn't be purchased for it's speed and how good it is to drive, it's just a bi-product.

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP

Mine and 2 mate's wernt highly tuned, only 220 bhp all forge bits etc done properly..

Coil packs, clutch pedal snapping, constant electrical faults and boost being cut. Look on seatcupra.net problem problems problems
Clios never go wrong do they

being common doesnt mean boring, it means they are popular for a reason

They are boring christ i had one with KW's 220 bhp, and it was crap hence i kept it two month's.

They are popular because its a turbo in a relativly small car, so people can get them to go quick in a straight line, if thats what gets you excited fair enough.

Oh and no Clios generally have far far less problems than these

MKIII 138
to kill a clio in a straight line doesnt take much nowadays just a nice 150 TDI type diesel will do it (as they usually have more than 150 stock) however to beat a clio sport in the bends and braking is another thing.

you sir have a moderately fast bypass blaster.

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
Did a rolling road day a few years ago, with a load of these in Newport.
2 kept cutting into limp mode and most struggled for 175bhp.

Sounds like yours has been done properly, how accurate is the 240bhp?

I'd get it on the rollers at somewhere you trust, mainly to see how it's running. Best thing think do to with a tuned car that you haven't tuned yourself.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Saw this for sale on seatt cupra.net! looked mint aswell. tempted by one of these next as there cheaper to insure for me than a 1*2

BMW M135i
Was under the impression you'd need a K04 turbo to get to those power levels? Correct me if i'm wrong but I thought 200bhp+ was K04 territory.

MK4 Anni & MK5 Edt30
Was under the impression you'd need a K04 turbo to get to those power levels? Correct me if i'm wrong but I thought 200bhp+ was K04 territory.

Nah mate. You can push 200bhp just by getting a decent Revo map :)

MK4 Anni & MK5 Edt30

They are boring christ i had one with KW's 220 bhp, and it was crap hence i kept it two month's.

They are popular because its a turbo in a relativly small car, so people can get them to go quick in a straight line, if thats what gets you excited fair enough.

Oh and no Clios generally have far far less problems than these

Thanks for all your negative comments so far mate, keep em coming ;)

Cheers for the guys that like it :)

I used to own a 16v Clio hence why im on CS and I must say, it was probably the most unreliable car in the world. Im not saying the 172/182's are but, at the end of the day, German > French

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
Spainish? Yeah they are VW parts. lol

Yeah they are pretty reliable, my Dad is on his fourth Seat and my Nan is probably on here 7th Seat (New Cupra).

She had 5 Ibiza's, all seemed pretty good.