ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my clio 182 turbo conversion

clio 182
hi everyone,

ive had my 182 for just under a year now, ive had a 172 in the past aswell. i bought the 182 in great condition nd enjoyed driving it around most of last summer but took it off the road over the winter before buying a used turbo kit. ive always loved the clio sports but always wanted more power and after having an impreza i missed my dump valve. the kit i bought was fairly complete but still needed to spend a fair bit more finishing it off and improving parts. the big blow was when i had the turbo sent of to get checked and it was bad news, i ended up having a new garrett t25 ball bearing built with forge t2 actuator (worth it tho for piece of mind). its felt like its been an endless mission learning and buying new parts but im finaly taking it to efi-parts in runcorn tomorrow for full instalation, new ecu and map. cannot wait to get it back ready for the summer. il put a pick of the car and the turbo up. bellow is a list of the mods already on the car:

Gaz fully adjustable coilover
ktec group n upper and lower engine mounts
K&N gen 2 induction kit
powerflex gearbox mounts
ktec solid suspension top mounts
powerflex inner and outer anti-roll bar bushes
brembo max grooved disks with ferrodo racing pads
fully rebuilt and coated front callipers with new seal kit
ktec stainless brake hoses all round
full stainless millteck exhaust system with millteck de-cat
toyo proxes t1r tyres all round
ktec carbon front splitter
fully refurbished origional 15" speedline 2118's
​omp rear strut brace

main turbo kit parts are:

garrett t25 ball bearing turbo with forge t2 actuator
engine dynamics intercooler and pipework
engine dynamics manifold
engine dynamics new v-band downpipe wraped in DEI thermal wrap
k-tec 182 link pipe
forge dump valve
engine dynamics low compression head gasket
omex 600 ecu

im driving it down to runcorn tomorrow from cumbria, il update when i get the car back and hopefully put up some stats from the dyno. thanks to everyone from this forum thats helped me with all the questions ive had :)

Attachments

• clio 101.PNG
    clio 101.PNG
    458.2 KB · Views: 1,195
  • clio 102.JPG
    clio 102.JPG
    134.1 KB · Views: 831
  clio 182
im going for around 240bhp, plans to get more in the future when ive looked into it abit more.

Last edited:
  clio 182
just dropped it off with chris at efi parts, realy nice guy. just a case of counting down the days now till i can return to pick it up. long 6 hour train journey home :(

172 cup, Impreza P1
Scoff will sort you out no probs.

Looks like it will be a well specced car and should be very rapid!

clio 182
spoke to chris before and went over all the parts i had, everything is ther but he said im missing clips for the 225 megane injectors to secure them in place. he said its not the end of the world but idealy i need them. any1 no of someone with some old faulty injectors i could buy them from or if thers anywere i can buy a set from new? cheers

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo
spoke to chris before and went over all the parts i had, everything is ther but he said im missing clips for the 225 megane injectors to secure them in place. he said its not the end of the world but idealy i need them. any1 no of someone with some old faulty injectors i could buy them from or if thers anywere i can buy a set from new? cheers

He said this to me so he put them in without, they started leaking a few days after and all i had to hand was the clio clips which he said wasnt able to be modified? i managed it, some others have done the same and so far so good

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Turbo is a nice addition, dump valves are for homos though

If you are running high boost on a roller bearing turbo (very small diameter shafter so easy for it to flex) then it requires a dump valve (either atmo or recirc) not to damage the turbo.

R5GTT, 2L turbo
He said this to me so he put them in without, they started leaking a few days after and all i had to hand was the clio clips which he said wasnt able to be modified? i managed it, some others have done the same and so far so good

Just be carefull with the mounting angle - the 225 injector needs mounting at right angle for the spray pattern to be correct.

clio 182
heres a picture chris sent me of the 182 with the kit in. looks smart, gona be picking it up soon, just ironing out some problems with the lamba sensor and actuator spring then fingers crossed can pick it up soon. he also sent me a video of it on the dyno and said its averaging 247 bhp. great figure, cant wait to drive it. driving round in my 16 year old 1.2 clio isnt quite as fun. still a clio tho ;)

Attachments

• photo (1).PNG
    photo (1).PNG
    368.5 KB · Views: 917
  clio 182
few changes to the original spec, went for the Adaptronic ecu as Chris recommended it, also got a Pipercross foam filter out of preference which u can see in the new uploaded pic. also finaly got the 225 injector clips so the injectors are installed properly

Last edited:
  clio 182
eventually il be thinking about going for more power, any 1 no whats involved in passing 300+bhp reliably? ive heard about clutch and gear box upgrades and obviously forged internals, any1 no any good links for the information. cheers

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo
What boost are you running mate? looks a tidy job but then again its only really the boost pipes that can look untidy lol

clio 182
What boost are you running mate? looks a tidy job but then again its only really the boost pipes that can look untidy lol

think hes running it at 7psi but i could be wrong, he emailed me today saying its holding 7psi but it was creeping over 10psi at high rpm so hes had to get a new 0.5 bar spring to be able to level the boost? im new to the whole boost/psi thing so im not to sure. he ordered the new spring and lamba sensor today on express delivery so it should hopefully be sorted tomorow or thursday with abit of luck. he said my actuator origionaly had a 0.3 spring in so hes had to change it. happy to wait for the job to be done right tho. if he recomends it il do it.

clio 182
picking the car up today, ment to get it last tuesday but a few suprises poped up, always suprises in any kind of modification. going after work and probably get to efi at 8pm. cant weight to get it now. final figures are All done, 241hp & 221 lb/ft at 7-8psi. just need a good summer now!

clio 182
love how it drives, puts the power down alot better that i thought it would. (not in the wet tho, wers the bloody sun!) its abit jerky when cold though wich i dont mind but also sometimes at low rpm when warm? any ideas? i expected some teithing problem.
im letting it warm up properly, taking it easy but still seems to jerk slightly at low rpm.

s**t myself when i was driving home though because the bloody wheel arch was slightly loose and a part of it go dragged off by the wheel when it got pushed back by the wind at slightly high speed :/ and a small part slid down the motorway. thought i fucked something!! nothing in the end but not what you wanna hear when your driving home in a newly turbo'd 182. not chris's fault because it was loose b4.

chris has done a brillliant job and im more than pleased. no room for anything under the bonnet now.

il upload that graphs later.