ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bought another 172/182 killer ;)

Evo 8 Jap Crap
Some proper bitter people on here.

A ko3s cupra will hand a clio its arse, standard clio or tb'd clio i dont give a s**te.

A 240bhp cupra is proper quick.

If you think a cupra cant be made to be a track king then i suggest you visit castle coombe for the saloon championship held there and look out for bill brockbanks ibiza cupra handing big power evos there arse

Correct me if im wrong, but hes running far more BHP than competitors. You can throw alot of money at a car smack a big turbo and yes it will be good down the straights.

Dont get me wrong, i owned a 220 bhp ibiza cupra, took it to pod ran 14.4 which is pretty respectable. but its just boring, limp mode all the time, and if handling is understeer, then it handles well to

Should be looking at mid 13's for a 220bhp cupra

Mustang, S13, AX GT
Ok guys. Chill out. The title says 172/182 and then a big wink! I know what the Clio's are like around a track and there awesome. Maybe I should of said "Eats standard 172/182 at Santa Pod". Is that better?

And a few people keep mensioning why im on this forum its because I USED to have a Clio and I liked the forum here but im not too keen now tbh. (You don't get half the abuse on other forums than here you know!)
yup, people are very protective and defensive about their clio's ;) but mine would have you :rasp:

Surely a tunned turbo cannot be compared to a non turbo stock clio though. Its like saying a k tec turbo coversion 172 will eat a stock cupra.

My mate's got excatly the same car running 225bhp on an X.

1st point: It is quick.

2nd point: It is about as reliable as a Pulsar.

3rd Point: It handles alright i think its abit of a handfull in the wet but then again its not a go kart like a 172.

4th point: If you want a good all round fast standard car Clio.
If you want somthing that is Turbo Modable and fast that you dnt care if it breaks all the time why not buy a pulsar not a cupra?
He's not saying any cupra will beat a clio, he's saying his cupra will though so theres no need to clarify what will and wont beat a clio I think he's well aware having previously owned a clio and been a member here for over 2 years...

Black Gold Trophy
I test drove one of these about a year ago when I was thinking of getting a new car, I have to say in standard form they seem a bit sh*t... think they are only 150bhp or so.... ended up buying the 182...I'm sure it drives a whole lot better with the mods you have done though!

Correct me if im wrong, but hes running far more BHP than competitors. You can throw alot of money at a car smack a big turbo and yes it will be good down the straights.

Dont get me wrong, i owned a 220 bhp ibiza cupra, took it to pod ran 14.4 which is pretty respectable. but its just boring, limp mode all the time, and if handling is understeer, then it handles well to

Should be looking at mid 13's for a 220bhp cupra

Are you for real or just chattin crap and guessing

go on seatcupra.net and ask what a 220bhp k03 cupra should be running up 1/4 mile, you'll get laughed at saying mid 13s

Ph 1 172
it is a mad engine but... it looks like something my granny drives lol and the interior is a little well cheap looking.. but whatever floats your boat ill have my 172 interior and car over that any day

Titanium 182 FF
They are boring christ i had one with KW's 220 bhp, and it was crap hence i kept it two month's.

They are popular because its a turbo in a relativly small car, so people can get them to go quick in a straight line, if thats what gets you excited fair enough.

Oh and no Clios generally have far far less problems than these

Thanks for all your negative comments so far mate, keep em coming ;)

Cheers for the guys that like it :)

I used to own a 16v Clio hence why im on CS and I must say, it was probably the most unreliable car in the world. Im not saying the 172/182's are but, at the end of the day, German > French
I have worked for two german manufactures who produce some seriously quick cars.. but let's just say don't believe the hype!!