ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my clio 182 turbo conversion

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo
ive had it setup on the rollers twice now and its fine for a day or so but then gets progresivly worse to the point it wont go past 2700 rpm without jerking and missfiring, chris says the pressures wondering, could be down to my parts being the problem but im gona get a new uprated pump and go on the ph1 setup, ive just ordered ph1 rail and regulator. chris says he hasnt had a problem with them before but mines not happy, hopefuly this should sort it all out, fingers crossed

possible that your pump is dodgy? either way if your changing it I'd go for a ph1 setup, only reason im not fitting mine yet is because id need more mapping and I don't want to have to go back across country lol

clio 182
its abit of a treck down country for me but it needs doin. takes just under 3 hours to get to scoffs. gona av to wait till next month to get the rest of the parts, fairly skint atm.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Ah cool :)

If you do the fuel pump changes and want someone to make the fuelling safe for you afterwards Im quite happy to do that for you one weekend (im in newark)
The ignition wont need touching, literally just a case of getting your AFRs back to the right place, which can be done on the road with you driving it and me pressing the buttons, no rollers needed.

Obviously if Scoff is your tuner you should still take it to him at some point, but at least then its safe to use in the mean time.
Cause if you just swap the pump setup and drive it, it will go horribly rich on boost.

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo
Ah cool :)

If you do the fuel pump changes and want someone to make the fuelling safe for you afterwards Im quite happy to do that for you one weekend (im in newark)
The ignition wont need touching, literally just a case of getting your AFRs back to the right place, which can be done on the road with you driving it and me pressing the buttons, no rollers needed.

Obviously if Scoff is your tuner you should still take it to him at some point, but at least then its safe to use in the mean time.
Cause if you just swap the pump setup and drive it, it will go horribly rich on boost.

Great! I may take you up on that next year when I go high boost as its running fine at the mo so gunna leave it :)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Great! I may take you up on that next year when I go high boost as its running fine at the mo so gunna leave it :)

Ok mate, no worries, happy to help out a local :)

If you wind the boost up it needs to go on the rollers to set the timing up of course, but at least we can get it fuelling about right and tested first on low boost so there is a bit less time needed once you get there on the trivia.

clio 182
still abit confussed about the sender? do i need to get one or is the one in my 182 ok aswell as fitting a new uprated pump (either walbro 225 or ED's pump) can i keep my sender and fit an uprated pump or do i need to change it??

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo
It's easier to buy a ph1 sender but like laine has done you can tap a return into your original , if your stuck just buy a ph1 sender mate

clio 182
i payed for a 172 ph1 rail and reg from sum guy on gumtree but its still not arrived after over 2 weeks. i spoke to him last fri and he gave me sum s**t story sayin he forgot and he wud send it that day but its still not here. hes in wales and im in cumbria so im hoping its just taking a wile 2nd class or something. think ive just been mugged off tho, so il have to source more parts. i was hoping to have it booked in early next month but all depends on parts. nightmare

clio 182
hi guys, i need to buy a fuel pump an a walbro 225 was recomened on here. will this do the job?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WALBRO-255-FUEL-PUMP-FITS-RENAULT-CLIO-172-SPORT-2-0-/370260447234?hash=item56353e1002

and does it just replace oe fuel pump with litle modification? dont wana buy the wrong part. called E.D today and they said ther pump fits 182/172s with litle modification but if this does the same job il get this and save some money. just after ur advice b4 i purchase, cheers.

mines a 182 and this says 172 but E.D said the fuel pumps for 172/182s have the same part number so im assuming it shud be fine.

clio 182
ordered it now, said it replaces oe pump so shud be all good. just gota wait for the rest of the parts and see when chris can fit me in then its back down to runcorn to hopefully get it working right :) happy days

Clio Sport 182
hi everyone,

ive had my 182 for just under a year now, ive had a 172 in the past aswell. i bought the 182 in great condition nd enjoyed driving it around most of last summer but took it off the road over the winter before buying a used turbo kit. ive always loved the clio sports but always wanted more power and after having an impreza i missed my dump valve. the kit i bought was fairly complete but still needed to spend a fair bit more finishing it off and improving parts. the big blow was when i had the turbo sent of to get checked and it was bad news, i ended up having a new garrett t25 ball bearing built with forge t2 actuator (worth it tho for piece of mind). its felt like its been an endless mission learning and buying new parts but im finaly taking it to efi-parts in runcorn tomorrow for full instalation, new ecu and map. cannot wait to get it back ready for the summer. il put a pick of the car and the turbo up. bellow is a list of the mods already on the car:

Gaz fully adjustable coilover
ktec group n upper and lower engine mounts
K&N gen 2 induction kit
powerflex gearbox mounts
ktec solid suspension top mounts
powerflex inner and outer anti-roll bar bushes
brembo max grooved disks with ferrodo racing pads
fully rebuilt and coated front callipers with new seal kit
ktec stainless brake hoses all round
full stainless millteck exhaust system with millteck de-cat
toyo proxes t1r tyres all round
ktec carbon front splitter
fully refurbished origional 15" speedline 2118's
omp rear strut brace

main turbo kit parts are:

garrett t25 ball bearing turbo with forge t2 actuator
engine dynamics intercooler and pipework
engine dynamics manifold
engine dynamics new v-band downpipe wraped in DEI thermal wrap
k-tec 182 link pipe
forge dump valve
engine dynamics low compression head gasket
omex 600 ecu

im driving it down to runcorn tomorrow from cumbria, il update when i get the car back and hopefully put up some stats from the dyno. thanks to everyone from this forum thats helped me with all the questions ive had :smile:
If you don't mind me asking how much do you reckon I have to save to get all this work done?

Clio Sport 182
image.jpg

Just bought one of this myself wanting to make it even better.