ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brand new designed 182 exhaust by Scorpion

Renault 182
As of today a brand new exhaust system has been launched by Scorpion Exhausts.

Over the last 8 months they have been using my car as a prototype, I have had various different systems on from single back box to twin, to different bore sizes etc.

The development was quite extenstive with numerous road tests however the main being on a Dyno which can prove the results of the differing exhausts.

All dyno tests were carried out ChipWizards (aka Wayne Schofield) which from my experience and hearing is an accurate dyno....no quote me happy bhp figures.

I am very pleased with the result, as the graphs will show. However for me who uses my 182 daily I did want a loud boomey exhaust, for me its perfect just enough noise without being to intrusive yet the figures show its a great improvement!

All the development, pictures, graphs etc etc are on the below link:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SCORPION-RS19...ryZ10410QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem.

Scorpion have also made a decat for the clio but this is not fitted to my 182.

What do you think????

Renault 182
wrong section,

had development work done by scorpion on my lupo gti and a mates c2 vtr top guys and top quality

Its not a for sale thread, so I thought the clio discussion would be the best place to put it.

However I am aware the company selling these have approached Cliosport.net to offer members a discount on the exhausts and de cat pipes.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Spot on that!! I love scorpion systems. Used to have one on y Punto GT and it sounded excellent. Slash cut is the way forward also. Wish that was about when i had my 182 tbh!!!!!

Renaultsport 220T
Wow, it's only taken them 4 yrs to develop this!!!!

I contacted them in 04 when I first wanted a system made for my car.

They said at the time they would have one in 3 months.

Looks like a copy of the Hayward and Scott system, that I went for.

Tangoed Works
I remember back in the day, Scorpion were pretty much the best exhaust system for many cars, R5 GTT, RS Turbo etc. If this is to believed, they are back on form.

I was screwing when the BTB was discontinued, but this will prob be what I go for once my old one drops off, even if it is only for the stainless construction and 6kg weight saving.

Any power boost is a plus.

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.
Had one on my Uno Turbo ie and sounded the dogs, love the over run noise and when on full throttle.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
V V Nice!!! One of the best looking tailpipes. Much nicer than BTB/YS and BluePap!

Had a scorpion on the willy. Liked it

a thirsty one
looks very nice mate, shame i didnt get to hear it at waynes for the rr session (i think i have only just warmed up) glad your happy with it and good luck with the sales.

Renault 182
I have took plenty of sound clips i will try and dig out the only problem being you cant really hear them with a cheap digiti cam.

I know on Weds we took some for the photo shoot but they did not add them as you couldnt really hear it that well.

Its very hard to describe but ill try...on tick over its very quiet but enough for you hear you know its on, the noise mainly kicks in after about 3.5k and comes on song at the 5k spot. The exhaust is enough to let you know its there but at no point is it to much!! ie giving you a headache on long journey's or the missus on your back saying its to loud and you look like a boy racer!!

Without getting into mines better than your etc etc... the clio was taken on RR day in Warrington, my 182 totally standard bar exhaust and K&N pannel filter also present was clio 182 with a BTB exhaust and ITG filter on....mine was 5i bhp up of memory now there are going to variables in this equation....however that BTB was an expensive piece of kit.

Has anyone done back to back tests with other exhausts?????

With proven backed up results....I think for the price this exhaust is extremely competitve in the exhaust market.

I believe a group buy is attempting to be set up by the company involved for cliosport members which I have to say take advantage of you wont be dissapointed.

Tay

Titanium Clio 182
I had a Scorpion system + decat on my last car & it sounded great, never had any issues with it either.

Would be interested to hear it ?

titanium 182,
i may be interested as my exhaust is nearly shot now i was gonnna go for a millteck as i dont want a loud exhaust as they sound shite but i noticed on this exhaust it has 2 rear mount points which is a bonus and many dont, my main worry as said is the noise if it drones on long journeys im not interested

ITB'd 182...
sound clips!!! think i might order one.

used to love my scorpion on my 106. pugsport 2" rolled out!!

hope this has the nice rasp to it

sound clips!!!

2002 172
tail pipes really do look nice. will be interesting to see how our soon to be released exhaust compares.

does look an awesome system though. scorpion always have been excellent quality/sounding exhausts. big fan of them!

Renault 182
I will try and get some sound clips....but the ones we did you couldnt really tell, so was pointless having them on the advert. Now for me thats a good thing as I do a 50 mile commute to work on the Mway so I dont want it giving me a headache after work....but then again some people like the "Look at me I have a loud after market exhaust on" sound.

Someone mentioned the pugsport, its very similar in sound if a little quieter. I find driving my rallye with the pugsport on it can become a bit boomey aout 3k revs.

The noise only kicks in properly about 5k on the clio and lets face it, if your up there in the rev engine then you aint hanging around and want to get shifting so the noise of the exhaust is a nice adiditon.

Im based in the NW (Manchester) and work in Warrington so I will have to try and attend a meet at some point. Just maybe not in W/ton conflict of interest!!!ha ha

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274
it's a pitty they didn't test the standard exhaust on the same RR before fitting this one.

The direct comparison would have been very interesting.

Looks like a good system, not sure on the dual back box design as opposed to a single back box with two pipes though - i'd have thought they weigh slightly more. Still a whole lot light than the OEM leaded cast iron lump of lard.

Renault 182
it's a pitty they didn't test the standard exhaust on the same RR before fitting this one.

The direct comparison would have been very interesting.

Looks like a good system, not sure on the dual back box design as opposed to a single back box with two pipes though - i'd have thought they weigh slightly more. Still a whole lot light than the OEM leaded cast iron lump of lard.

I drove around with a single back box for around 3 months, the noise was a deafening on a long journey. The system looked really cheap aswell. However I believed the single back box was alot quickly...however the rolling road showed a sig difference between the both. Shows how noise affects your thoughts.

If it makes any difference my car was tested just before it went down to scorpion with the original exhaust and it made 183. Same rolling road...just different day, conditions so it would not be fair as it wasnt a back to back test so the results could be misleading to the buyer so thats why they havent used the results as a direct comparsion.

However I could be wrong because I left the car at Waynes for the day whilst I went to work for the day.

Anyone bought one yet????

Renault 182
so the exhaust is claiming a 9 bhp power increase?

This is what I was tring to get accross, you have seem to miss my point. Rolling road figures should always been taken with a pinch of salt. There are two many variables which cant be controlled or measured. So by doing the tests on total different days heightens these variables....temp of room, how long the rollers have been going etc etc etc many more which are above my head.

This is why the company wont have done a comparsion coz its misleading to the seller like you have shown.

I'd be confident with a 5-6bhp increase.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Sound clips are a definite must before i make my mind up . You mentioned that some form of discount is being setup for cliosport members also a group buy is in the pipeline . Any idea on prices with discount / group buy ?

So your not linked in anyway to ybcarsuk , the seller on ebay ?

I'm lookin to buy a new exhaust in the near future and was considering a Milltek or Powerflow seeing the Scoprion has definitely delayed any decision for now .

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274
but they're ad states a power increase. My point is actually the same as yours - unless they have a like for like comparison they shouldn't advertise it as a power increase.

either way i'd expect 5-6 tops like you say. The weight saving will actually have a greater effect on the performance than the power increase.

none :(
Sound clips are a definite must before i make my mind up . You mentioned that some form of discount is being setup for cliosport members also a group buy is in the pipeline . Any idea on prices with discount / group buy ?

So your not linked in anyway to ybcarsuk , the seller on ebay ?

I'm lookin to buy a new exhaust in the near future and was considering a Milltek or Powerflow seeing the Scoprion has definitely delayed any decision for now .

im in the same boat as you fella

i was thinking between a milltek and ys system, after hearing both sets of clips im still undecided but think this may have an outside chance of being the one for me.

Clio Trophy #123
I went for the Yozza (on it's way to me) I had the Trophy a day (bought it last Saturday) and the Yozz was ordered the next day.;)

Renault 182
I went for the Yozza (on it's way to me) I had the Trophy a day (bought it last Saturday) and the Yozz was ordered the next day.;)

Spoke to the company involved and they stated that they are dropping the price on the system by £50 for cliosport members.

Im getting sound clips on sunday for anyone who's interested

Renault 182
Is there any scope for a different tailpipe design?

Aint too keen on it from this angle...
http://www.yatesandbloomfield.co.uk/scorpion/images/rs192/fitted1.jpg

:s

Im pretty certain the answer is no.

However i dont understand what you mean because from the distance that photo was taken you would not be able to tell whether it be straight, slash cut, inward pointing etc the only thing you could change is the shape ie from round to square.

I know the design is a slash cut at the same angle as the rear bumper. which was the best looking in my opinion out of all the designs as the striaght cut looked like wheel barrel handles ha ha

Renault 182
so what £300 all in for an exhaust with the 50 knocked off for cs members.

Yeah thats what they told me, just email them and confirm it with them, with your member number. I know they have approached cliosport but I dont know anything from there, so I dont know if the mods know etc.