ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brand new designed 182 exhaust by Scorpion

RB 182 & 5GTT
Is there any scope for a different tailpipe design?

Aint too keen on it from this angle...
http://www.yatesandbloomfield.co.uk/scorpion/images/rs192/fitted1.jpg

:s

Im pretty certain the answer is no.

However i dont understand what you mean because from the distance that photo was taken you would not be able to tell whether it be straight, slash cut, inward pointing etc the only thing you could change is the shape ie from round to square.

I know the design is a slash cut at the same angle as the rear bumper. which was the best looking in my opinion out of all the designs as the striaght cut looked like wheel barrel handles ha ha

I dunno matey, just looks a bit stubby from that angle, never really been a fan of rolled in pipes, maybe just a funny angle for me

Any chance of a few more pics to convince me. :cool:

Had one on my Uno Turbo ie and sounded the dogs, love the over run noise and when on full throttle.

Had one on my R5 Gt turbo back in the day, sounded immense, pop's and bangs on overrun burbled nicely and by f**k was it loud when it had been on a while and I'd managed to destroy most of the baffles :eek:

172 rs
all my cars have had scorpion exhausts i like em

14042008026.gif

DSCF0057.gif

Renault 182
Still no sound clips of this on a 182???

Sorry havent been around for a bit and have only just seen the comments. I will try and get sound clips for weds as im not in my car at the moment...rear shocks have gone again so its resting!!!!!!!!

The company have sold out of the original batch they had made, so I wonder if anyone off here has bought one???

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Sorry havent been around for a bit and have only just seen the comments. I will try and get sound clips for weds as im not in my car at the moment...rear shocks have gone again so its resting!!!!!!!!

The company have sold out of the original batch they had made, so I wonder if anyone off here has bought one???

GazM has got one, seems pretty impressed with it: http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=321234

Get those sound clips up, I'm really interested in one. What ever happened to the group buy or club discount?

Audi TT 3.2 V6
Thanks for that video Jon. Its a great video. Helps give a really good impression of what the exhaust sounds like in several different situations.

Really like the sound of that exhaust. Just enough to be noticable but not irratating. Do you feel its given you any performance gains? Also is it the catback version or decat?

Last edited:
It's a CAT back version. It is only slightly louder than the standard system in normal driving, however, when you put your foot down it really sounds quite bassy and rorty which isn't reflected fully in the video. I did video a number of runs with the standard system and overall, the Scorpion is a round half a second quicker through the gears to the ton. The difference is small and not apparent until I checked the timings on the video editor.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I really like the look of the system, but it's still fairly expensive so it's on hold at the moment, but then it's another £50 for the decat, Worth it you think?

And was there ever a group buy/ discount for CS members?

I thought £350 including delivery is pretty reasonable compared with other pre made systems already out there. According to their rolling road figures, a decat only yeilds a futher 1-2 bhp and IMO not worth the cost or the hassle come MOT unless you want a louder system.

Y and B said they did offer discounts but on one got back to them. However they said they would offer discounts on orders 5+ or 10+, though didn't say how much.

Hi guys,

I'm thinking of getting one of these. Is there anything else i need to get with it such as a mounting kit or anything?

I ask as i need to get a 182 downpipe to cat gasket anyway (anyone know the part number?) and might be tempted to get new mounts. I've not had a look under the car but the current exhaust is hanging pretty low so something aint right.

I guess i'm asking in the worst case scenario what parts would i need to buy to be able to fully fit this exhaust assuming everything was broken/rusted away.

Andrew

The Scorpion uses the standard mounts. I didn't replace the mounts and fitment was pretty straight forward. The only thing I didn't get with the system were the clamps which were supposed to come with the system.

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
The Scorpion uses the standard mounts. I didn't replace the mounts and fitment was pretty straight forward. The only thing I didn't get with the system were the clamps which were supposed to come with the system.

same as me really but u got the clamps. It's a really good fit, as in goes in the same as a standard one

I've taken a look at the exhaust and found the reason it's hanging low. The rubber in the mount has perished. Can i get that seperate or does it only come with the complete mount like on here.
Also, is there a mount or something that the center section attaches to as there is a, er, prong sticking out of it on the pictures. Is this a rubber mount?
Sorry for all the questions, i just want to get all the parts i need else i'll get halfway through and have problems.

Clio MK3 Work in progress
I'd also be ver interested. Mid Section has gone which is neally £200 fitted, so wuld it be woth spending the extra and purchasing this system.