ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brembo High Carbons @ the Brembo shop £45 delivered!

koi

Audi S1
Must be rushed off their feet with all of CS ordering them lol Ordered mine yesterday morning for next day delivery but just been told I won't get them until tomorrow now

DMS

A thirsty 172
Must be rushed off their feet with all of CS ordering them lol Ordered mine yesterday morning for next day delivery but just been told I won't get them until tomorrow now

Same here. Ordered mine yesterday but they haven't turned up yet. Not too fussed though, I don't need them urgently.

RB FF 182
Anything less aggressive than the DS2500? Highly doubt i'll be on track or what not, I used to swear by Ferodo Premier for an aftermarket OE replacement, anything inbetween for these?

I looked at those as I probaly won't use the full potential of the DS2500's but with them at £92 and traders on here/retailers doing the DS2500 for around £110/115 I'd rather splash the extra £20-25 and go for something that people highly recommend.

Westy. MX5
I looked at those as I probaly won't use the full potential of the DS2500's but with them at £92 and traders on here/retailers doing the DS2500 for around £110/115 I'd rather splash the extra £20-25 and go for something that people highly recommend.

If you are not a regular track day person then the normal DS's or Reno OE pads will be better. The 2500's do take some time to warm up to give the better stopping power. When cold The 2500 feel dull and do not perform as you would expect.

Italian 3.2 V6
thos DS's are meant to be good from cold yet maintain some of the ds2500 performance.

im in the same boat tbh.. might do 1-2 track days a year and love a B-road blast every month or so.. im not sure what to do either.:S i need something good from cold as i share the car with the other half and do alot of general driving so safer brakes from cold are a must really.. which puts me off the ds2500's

PSJ.

Ahh I swear I read that the DS2500 were okay/good from cold. I have quite a short drive to work, that isn't very spirited at all, just under 2 miles. Perhaps I should look for different pads. I don't want to spend lots of money to find I need to be driving for 20 minutes before my brakes show any improvement over OEM.

Description of the DS Performance:

Offering an alternative to the track derived DS2500 pads, these Ferodo DS Performance Brake pads combine track temperature ranges with everyday drivability. Instant bite from cold and good operating life ensure value for money and the braking power you expect from brand leaders Ferodo.

Last edited:
  BG FF182
can't believe how quick they arrived, yeah I know it's next day delivery, but ordered mine at half three in the afternoon and they still arrived next day. As for pads was thinking about the Mintex 1144 as I doubt i'll be doing any track days, unless the DS2500 or CL RC5+ will last longer in terms of mileage to justify the extra price, rarely do any short journeys when I do drive so not quite so worried about them not getting up to temperature

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Got mine today! Did think about buying s**t loads to hold on to for a few months, then ebay them off ;)

Fiesta ST-2
Got mine today too, box is a little damaged but discs look ok. Anyone know who the cheapest place to get mintex m1144 pads are?

ITB BG 182
Got mine today! Did think about buying s**t loads to hold on to for a few months, then ebay them off ;)
they are selling on ebay already for £60+ delivery.

I got mine this morning and only ordered them yesterday, got them to come to my work place instead of my house.

2003 Clio 172
Received mine yesterday, yummy scrummy.

Am i right in saying that these differ from the standard discs in that they are vented around the centre/hub area as well as the outside of the disc?

I dont think that the ones on my car currently are like that?

Cheers
Jj

Mine arrived at 4PM today, ordered at 1PM yesterday. Only got the dispatch email at 12:30 :)

Double boxed & plastic strapped. All looks to be in order. One big arse reciept though! must have about 11 pages, lol

CLIO PH1 172
recieved mine today as well and as above double boxed and straped look the realdeal to me nice find op!!

182cup
Collected mine from DHL today as I wasn't home yesterday

Can someone confirm how many screws should be in the box?

Also bit hard to explain but one of the discs has a recess on it where some writing is on the outside edge it says various things including minimum depth Brembo etc the other disc is not like it!

May be normal but thought I would ask as we all have the same discs from the same place

koi

Audi S1
Mine arrived at 4PM today, ordered at 1PM yesterday. Only got the dispatch email at 12:30 :)

Double boxed & plastic strapped. All looks to be in order. One big arse reciept though! must have about 11 pages, lol

How the hell did you get yours before me!?! Needed mine by the weekend and ordered Wednesday morning thinking that would be plenty of time and that's me just been advised they have been dispatched

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Screws are for rusting on the far side of the disc and being an utter b*****d to remove when they do so.

God knows?! I'm don't even need mine for a few weeks! I was expecting a delivery from CityLink today for my SLR camera which hasn't turned up! Turns out no orders from the company in question have been picked up!

Citylink = epic fail
DHL = win.

182cup
2 in the box not easy to find unless you empty the box..

Can someone have a look at the outside edge of both discs all the way round and let me know if they have this recess for about 5 to 7cm's on one of theirs please!

face on both look the same but if they were on the car & you looked from above and rotated them you would then see it on the metal on one side of the vent if that makes sense...?

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
Mine both had writing on the outside...Brembo 28...don't know what it all means, but both discs have this on. Mine also have wear indicators about 4-5mm deep. Only got 2 screws, too. Bought mine from Auto-Nation.co.uk

182cup
Im not at home but will have to try & put a photo up sometime the recess is only on one disc which seems a little odd suppose it could be a wear indicator but wouldn't they both have it?

Found my 2 screws :)

Haven't really checked them over properly other than for the obvious warping, gouges, dents, dings, scratches etc. Nothing that jumped out at me immediatley.

Anything I should be specifically looking for? this being the first set of discs (and pads when I get some) that I intend to fit myself.

S4 Avant
Nope brembo HCs have little wear indicators "drilled" into them. LOL at people thinking everything is wrong.

53 Clio's & counting
Im very hard on my brakes, and running close to 200 bhp, what are these like for fast road/track use guys? Im looking for a new brake upgrade to try, running Pugsport discs, and 1144's at the mo, and they are pretty good, but do fade.

n/a
Nope brembo HCs have little wear indicators "drilled" into them. LOL at people thinking everything is wrong.

well if you don't ask you don't get. because we need to get an answer, we need to ask mate its not like everyone knows everything.

182cup
photo0036cw.jpg