ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brembo High Carbons @ the Brembo shop £45 delivered!

Italian 3.2 V6
thats what i thought. herd it from a few ppl iirc.

what do u suggest fred? ds2500? im due some new pads to match these new HC's !

PSJ.

Italian 3.2 V6
u will have to sort me out a deal with them n some HEL lines! ;)

Money waiting.

PSJ>

Megane 230 R26 '08
1144s are no 'poop' they arevery good on the R26, so would be even better on the lighter clios. possibly your driving style?

Lionel Richie
1144s are no 'poop' they arevery good on the R26, so would be even better on the lighter clios. possibly your driving style?

without sounding like an arrogant pratt (i do come across that way sometimes LOL!) I used to teach people how to drive on the racetrack, 1144's are poop i destroyed a new set in a day at bedford, the entire M series range is average at best, wear rates are too high also

i've tried 1144, 1155 and even 1166, don't last more than 1 day ANY of them, and i'm in a 900kg clio

Ferodo, Pagid and PF are the only ones i touch, EBC blue are actually half decent too

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
without sounding like an arrogant pratt (i do come across that way sometimes LOL!) I used to teach people how to drive on the racetrack, 1144's are poop i destroyed a new set in a day at bedford, the entire M series range is average at best, wear rates are too high also

i've tried 1144, 1155 and even 1166, don't last more than 1 day ANY of them, and i'm in a 900kg clio

Ferodo, Pagid and PF are the only ones i touch, EBC blue are actually half decent too

Depends on use surely, if its just for road use i have heard a few people are happy with the mintex. Depends on how they drive though.

But on track everyone slags off the mintex, even some garages who sell them lol

Lionel Richie
oh aye road use fine, if you're getting brake fade on the road you need your head checking!

i like to approach things like brakes with an "overkill" style, why have brakes that are ok for road but there is a possibility of them not being upto the job in certain circumstances, go for brakes that WILL NOT go wrong and when pushed hard you know they'll get you out of trouble, these are pretty quick cars we're dealing with here so you should really fit the best you can

just my view, having the brake pedal hit the floor isn't a nice feeling, trust me! LOL

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
oh aye road use fine, if you're getting brake fade on the road you need your head checking!

i like to approach things like brakes with an "overkill" style, why have brakes that are ok for road but there is a possibility of them not being upto the job in certain circumstances, go for brakes that WILL NOT go wrong and when pushed hard you know they'll get you out of trouble, these are pretty quick cars we're dealing with here so you should really fit the best you can

just my view, having the brake pedal hit the floor isn't a nice feeling, trust me! LOL

Yeh, i agree. I got the 2500's anyway, they do have excellent stopping power although i do wish i had given the cl's a try. Looking forward to trying the 2500's on track anyway!

Did you ever find a price for your studs? I get paid friday so will give you a bell then probably :)

RB FF 182
Anyone else get this?

You have received this email as you recently bought brake discs from our friends at Bremboshop.
Hi,

We noticed you, along with a lot of others, recently purchased Brembo High Carbon discs for your Renault Clio. Did you know we also stock a full range of EBC pads and Goodridge hoses through our EBC shop. They would make a great match with your Brembo discs.

As a valued Bremboshop customer we are offering:
Goodridge brake hoses for a special purchase price of £47.99 delivered / £5.00 off the normal retail price of £52.99. (The hoses below are suitable for Renault Clio sports, 172's, 182's and 192's)
EBC redstuff pads (a great product for sportier drivers) at a further 5% on top of existing 10% off.

For Goodridge:
http://www.ebcbrakeshop.co.uk/renault-clio-sport-172182182-cup-2001-4-line-kit-srn04034_p1225191.htm
To take advantage of this offer simply enter GOODRIDGECLIO2010 at the checkout stage

For EBC Red & Yellow Stuff Pads:
http://www.ebcbrakeshop.co.uk/
To take advantage of this offer simply enter CLIO20105OFFYEL at the checkout stage for Yellow stuff pads or enter CLIO20105OFFRED at the checkout stage for Red Stuff Pads

Thanks again for your order, and I hope you enjoy your Brembo's.

The Bremboshop Team...

ph2 clio 172
i got that email aswell. i replied back and said thry should offer a group buy. no reply though.

btw nice one op. keeping these in the shed till they r needed

MK1 Mexico, Clio 172
Just follow the link on the 1st page. Those are the ones you want.

Thanks, i clicked on the make and model at the top by accident which then gave me the option of selecting the number of studs, my mistake. Ordered now