ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

A

akimbo-slice

Just experienced my first proper lag on mw3 but it turns out it was because my sisters boyfriend was on his
ps3 upstairs

Bus w**ker
Definitely do i remember activision saying they were adding more servers for black ops.

I've seen them say that for Elite, but as MW3 (much like BLOPS and MW2 before it) are P2P based MPs there won't be any servers as such. Each players console becomes a peer and the host becomes the server, with each node sharing data packages between each other to pass on player location kills blah blah blah. Hence the complaints about lag/host migration/hit marker detection etc, currently if one persons connection is sucking balls then it can disrupt everyone's game or if some little mug rage quits and just pulls the plug on their console whilst hosting the whol game dies as it can't migrate to another host quickly enough.

If they'd listened to the community and not been cheap arse money grabbing Jews they would have gone with dedicated servers and then any complaints would be due to the individual users broadband/overloading of the servers.

There are no servers for MW3 on console. It's P2P. The PC version uses dedicated servers.

People are moaning about lag, but next minute they're moaning that the lag is caused by poor frame rates. Yet no one is moaning about poor frame rates. A game has to be running pretty choppy for it to start affecting aiming and hits. I reckon you'd need to be down somewhere like 15-20fps (dependent on the individual) before it had a noticeable detrimental affect to the shooting.

Oh and PSN is s**t, regardless of your internet connection speeds. Just because you have a thousand terabit internet doesn't mean PSN is delivering that bandwidth. Your pings are probably like 300ms+ over that dogs**t network. Probably be quicker to use two plastic cups and a piece of string.

In my experience it's almost always crushingly slow at everything.

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
Its not an issue down to personal broadband issue, I had the game a few days before release when only a few thousand people were playing, I played completely lag free and the hit detection was perfect, The issue is the shear volume of people playing the game, The servers cannot handle the overload and respond slower, Give it a few weeks and activision will bring in more servers and improve the speed, Happened on Black ops and MW2. i can play all other games lag free and you can see that my upload/ download speed is beyond a joke.

Wut?

Its P2P. Peoples Personal connection is precisely what the problem is.

RS6 C7
I've seen them say that for Elite, but as MW3 (much like BLOPS and MW2 before it) are P2P based MPs there won't be any servers as such. Each players console becomes a peer and the host becomes the server, with each node sharing data packages between each other to pass on player location kills blah blah blah. Hence the complaints about lag/host migration/hit marker detection etc, currently if one persons connection is sucking balls then it can disrupt everyone's game or if some little mug rage quits and just pulls the plug on their console whilst hosting the whol game dies as it can't migrate to another host quickly enough.

If they'd listened to the community and not been cheap arse money grabbing Jews they would have gone with dedicated servers and then any complaints would be due to the individual users broadband/overloading of the servers.

I'm sure they will sort it, I know they talk loads of bullshit to keep people off their backs so its hard to tell what true or not, It just seems strange why other games are not lagging, I still cant believe they don't have dedicated servers, The amount of people i have seen selling the game due to lag is stupid, They must be loosing lots of customers to rival games.

They must be loosing lots of customers to rival games.

They're not though are they? Most people moaning about lag in this thread will buy the next CoD, moan about the lag, sell it, and wait for the next instalment.

Also, for people hating on it who have yet to play the campaign, I highly recommend you quit the online party for a while try the single player. It's brilliant fun and it wont lag on y0 ass.

Bus w**ker
There's very little they can do other than implementing dedicated servers and rolling out a massive update to change the current MP coding so that it doesn't use P2P. As above most people suffering are having problems due to their own connection or the connection of someone else in game. Not going with dedi boxes was a mistake and made purely through financial motivation (and possibly laziness, as they didn't have to re-write the connection method or matchmaking etc), it has lost them sales but with 6.5 million copies selling within 48 hours of release I doubt Activision are all that arsed lol.

Anyone selling this due to lag or other stupid reasons like that are retarded.

RS6 C7
They're not though are they? Most people moaning about lag in this thread will buy the next CoD, moan about the lag, sell it, and wait for the next instalment.

Also, for people hating on it who have yet to play the campaign, I highly recommend you quit the online party for a while try the single player. It's brilliant fun and it wont lag on y0 ass.

They will sell it so will not be buying the map packs etc, I will do the campaign when i get a week off work at xmas, I need to sit there and do it in a day or 2 and not an hour or 2 every night as you dont get the same experience IMO.

Si

RS Clio 172
I don't get all the problems people are having in this thread. I'm not having any problems at all, nor are any of my friends.

Final kill is always spot on as far as I can tell and have had few dubious kills. There are always going to be "I shot them first" instances. The solution is to get quicker.

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
I don't get all the problems people are having in this thread. I'm not having any problems at all, nor are any of my friends.

Final kill is always spot on as far as I can tell and have had few dubious kills. There are always going to be "I shot them first" instances. The solution is to get quicker.

But when you've piled a whole mag into somebody (hit markered obv) and you die, kill cam shows you only fired two bullets, how are you supposed to be 'quicker'?

CBR1000RR Fireblade
i now definitely think the lag problems are due to peoples connection speeds. i mentioned it earlier but after experimenting i now think this is most certainly the culprit.

my download speed is average but my upload speed is low around 0.01 Mbs to 0.2 Mbs. this causes the game to run fine and appear normal but because of my low upload speed my actions lag and are well off the pace. this is why i keep emptying full clips into people only to be killed, then when i watch the kill cam the other person opened fire and killed me before my gun even fired.

im not saying that the game wont glitch, because it will and that's unavoidable. however 10 people in game with possibly 10 different connection speeds is inevitably going to cause lag issues.

IMO the game will only be as good as the slowest speed connection, especially if that slow connection is the host

GW 200 Gone :( BG182
Last night and tonight the menus kept freezing on me and the game was unplayable once it eventually loaded, but as i said above, read that some people have deleted the elite app, so gave it ago and its back to how it should be :)

Fiesta ST200
I get a small lag issue, freezes 4 times in a row then its fine for another hour or so. Seriously liking this game though, everything MW2 should have been. Awesome.

I just had a massive rage quit moment. Smashed my hand up and everything.

Some guy camping in a corner, I run up knife him. Knife goes straight threw him and then because he sees that, turns round and knifes me. Everyone saw it as I he had the final kill on me. RAGEEEEEE. I'm buying skyrim, this is b****cks.

RS6 C7

Some guy camping in a corner, I run up knife him. Knife goes straight threw him and then because he sees that, turns round and knifes me. Everyone saw it as I he had the final kill on me. RAGEEEEEE. I'm buying skyrim, this is b****cks.
?

Last edited by a moderator:

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63

You smashed your hand up!?!?

LOL

Listerine & Poledo
I emptied a full clip of M4 into some geezers chest on release day and absolutely nothing happened.

There was no crying about it.

True story.

A.N. Other
Went into my first online game earlier. I'm distinctly average in Black Ops but got annihilated in the two Domination maps I tried. Think I need to get on the billy whizz to get some quicker reactions! Not helped by little map areas mind - and it put just a few of us, all <level 30, against twice as many opposition who had higher levels...

Went into my first online game earlier. I'm distinctly average in Black Ops but got annihilated in the two Domination maps I tried. Think I need to get on the billy whizz to get some quicker reactions! Not helped by little map areas mind - and it put just a few of us, all <level 30, against twice as many opposition who had higher levels...

AIM FOR THE HEAD - SIMPLES!