ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

F82 M4
That's why Steam is so excellent. It lets you fully download and install the game before release so it's all ready. They then unlock the game at midnight so you can play it straight away :cool:

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
Just strolled into tesco on my way to work, picked up MW3, 2100 points for £36.99. Job done.

I did preorder too but i'll be selling that or sending it back.

That's why Steam is so excellent. It lets you fully download and install the game before release but they then lock it so you can't play till exactly 1 minute past midnight :cool:

And play it on a real gaming machine rather than a clhid's toy.

PMSL at the rage. There are people dying in misery and pain in parts of the world, but CS has not gotz calls of duties! RARRRRRRRRRR!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Will check this out later as my mate bought it this morning.

IGN gave it an 9, Eurogamer an 8.

The winner between MW3 and BF3? Skyrim.

LOL.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
My alarm went off early this morning so I could get up and go get this. Sleep was more important though so I fucked it off and went back to bed.

I'll go get it tonight if I can be bothered.

Dafthead

ClioSport Club Member
  MB EQC
PMSL at the impatient people queuing up & raging if it doesn't come at 08:01 in the post on release day.

I pre-ordered, just so I don't have to go my local skanky Asda, if it comes in a week's time so be it, i'm still playing uncharted 3 anyway :p

Bus w**ker
This Sym0n... I'm trying not to laugh at you or that picture, until mine has arrived!!

I tried but you couldn't hear the silly Scottish bint :(.

Anyway, after a bit of cool and calm discussion she's confirmed that it's out on a van for delivery today. Whilst calmly speaking to her in a polite and sensible manner she failed to be able to explain why Tesco were sending emails out with the above delivery date, why they weren't telling people that it was actually out for delivery that day or why Tesco were so useless.

Alls well that ends well. Unless you've bought this for PS3 or PC or are Scottish and then your life blows.

At least these guys didn't let me down today.

c31aff6e.gif

AK

M240i

Anyway, after a bit of cool and calm discussion she's confirmed that it's out on a van for delivery today. Whilst calmly speaking to her in a polite and sensible manner she failed to be able to explain why Tesco were sending emails out with the above delivery date, why they weren't telling people that it was actually out for delivery that day or why Tesco were so useless.

Alls well that ends well. Unless you've bought this for PS3 or PC or are Scottish and then your life blows.

f**k

You.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
So which supermarket is cheapest for PS3 copy? Can't be bothered to go into the city for it.

LY 182
As my copy is being sent out by Royal Mail I'm assuming it will just come with the bag of post that gets sent to work. Says it's due for delivery today anyway. Woop.

marc1330

ClioSport Club Member
  Hill lover

FLOL !!
I can see some major Rambo moments coming on later to release that rage!!!
Btw just walked into local Sainsburys straight to till no queue said to lady
'' Can i redeem necter points please ?''
'' Yes love thats £12.99 now then please''
Result work van diesel points FTW

What is this Skyrim s**t people speak of? Is it one of those games were you waste years of your life killing goblins and collecting trinkets? It's not a shooter, right?

172 Cup
Got this at 12 lastnight and had 3 hours on it after, got to say i think its fooooking epic. Its everything i wanted from the next mw3 and i cant wait to get back on it today lol. Scar L ftw!

Revels Mum & Sister
You are correct Roy! Wizards and Magic and s**t. However I usually hate these games but Elder Scrolls Oblivion was actually immense and I expect this one will. Worth a go dude.

My copy came yesterday YAY! Rinsed it way too much last night!!!!

I might see if Tescos have any left with the Points. Flog the game to CEX for £36. 2100 points for £1!!! Unlikely they have them still now though. I thought Morrisons were doing this deal but it was Xbox Live and the Game so not worth it.

LY 182
Got this at 12 lastnight and had 3 hours on it after, got to say i think its fooooking epic. Its everything i wanted from the next mw3 and i cant wait to get back on it today lol. Scar L ftw!

Campaign or multiplayer?

Just read IGN's brief review and they said the MP is the best it's ever been. I'm properly addicted to Football Manager right now but this is still getting me stupidly excited to get home and play.

LY 182
mine has been delivered this morning while I'm at work, Little brother just rang me telling me how good it is!! little ba***rd knew I'd pre-ordered it and booked the day off so he could play it while I was at work! :mad:

LY 182
I don't think I've ever been like 'wow' after playing the SP but it's part of the game and I've always thought it gives you a bit of an insight in to how the game feels, some of the weapons that will take awhile to unlock in MP, etc. Just a nice subtle feel for the game before getting immersed in the MP. I'm gonna be throwing weeks of my life on this game no doubt so might as well spare the hours it takes to do the SP.

S4, Tamora, Conti GT
Is anyone else having problems getting online on Ps3, i click play online, a little box pops up saying " please wait, connecting to online services...." stays for about 30 seconds then I get another box pop up saying error please try again later, I have been doing this for ages. Any ideas people? All my other games work online, so it shouldn't be the router/internet, is this just because the servers are so busy

Edition 30
Well I hear you may get rewards in the MP for completing the SP.

So I 'might' have a quick play through.

Edition 30
Still. 5 or 6 hours I could be using to get advantages over people in MP.

I am super nerdy when it comes to map knowledge, gun stats etc.