ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cams

Evo 5 RS
He's right in a sense. If you're going down the throttle body route and can pick up an old set of 421s, 438s are pretty pointless.

Also like you're honestly going to notice the difference between 428s and the above...ever

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
He's right in a sense. If you're going down the throttle body route and can pick up an old set of 421s, 438s are pretty pointless.

Also like you're honestly going to notice the difference between 428s and the above...ever

honestly, the difference between 421s and 438s with ITBs, you're right. compared to 428s there's a big difference

Renault Clio 182
I have 438's in mine as I don't intend to put ITB's on it my original suggestion was if you want body's and cams go with 421's

220 Trophy
Ah, yes just re-read the TDF site and it’s the 421's that are used with ITB's. Is it worth going any wilder than 421's?

You would need different valve springs at least to go to anything like 422s or 423s so would be head off.

You may also need to have the pistons machined or go high comp to stop valve piston contact due to the larger duration.

220 Trophy
Ok, thanks. The head might be coming off for some porting etc so will bear this in mind. If we leave it on then will just stick with the 421's.

JohnnyE

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB'd Clio
I have but cant make it so thats £100 down the drain.

Gutted. I will do a proper right up soon it made 185 bhp and about 167 pounds of torque. It drives great and the power delivery is awesome im a happy bunny now.

BMW 330ci sp/ 172Cup
Gutted. I will do a proper right up soon it made 185 bhp and about 167 pounds of torque. It drives great and the power delivery is awesome im a happy bunny now.

Excellent! Good result and I'm glad you are happy. Look forward to the write up

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172

What were the wheel figures and what rollers ?

Clio Sport 172 ITB
running the c&b cams with itbs and the car made 210bhp and over 175ft/lb of torque.. matt did say the valve seals need doing tho as its kicking out stuff on the over run.. cars going off the road as of wednesday and im getting a run about so the car can be 100% sorted by next summer.. matt seems to think there is more ponies to be had out of the car.. hope hes right :D

JohnnyE

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB'd Clio
Still the same bud Fred is waiting to hear back of his supplier........

Just done another sprint at Aintree and the results are :

April sprint top speed was 113mph and best time was 58.14 without cams and remap

June sprint top speed was 105 and best time was was 58.24 with cams and remap

Should be getting sorted soon as i have a couple more sprints soon..

Well i had another sprint yesterday and results are

Im not sure of top speed as it was not shown yesterday but will have the results soon but my times are 1st practise was 59.0 but at the end of the day i done 55.4 which im happy with but i know i could of done a 54 so im well happy with the results.

I've flicked in and out of here every so often. So 4(ish) seconds better off with the new set up? Good stuff.

How are you finding the road drive-ability? What's the power like through the rev range and how is overtaking/motorway driving affected?

JohnnyE

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB'd Clio
When cold its lumpy but when driving it does feel good . At first when I got them I thought I've made a big mistake, when up in Leeds getting it mapped the first time I was gutted it felt the same no difference at all but on Friday when it got the map tweaked after Fred done his work I could honestly tell the difference and my real test was yesterday

When cold its lumpy but when driving it does feel good . At first when I got them I thought I've made a big mistake, when up in Leeds getting it mapped the first time I was gutted it felt the same no difference at all but on Friday when it got the map tweaked after Fred done his work I could honestly tell the difference and my real test was yesterday

Hello John nice result glad it's sorted, sorry I couldn't get across to spectate and didn't realise Colin had dropped out of the event, as I said when I sent the txt I was working to get some cash together for 3 Sisters and hope I get the same weather you did.

Regards Russ.....

Stealth 438'd 182
I've just had 438 cams fitted and mapped at TDF and made 195.2 really happy with the results so I would recommend these

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346666163.377010.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346666163.377010.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 87
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346666178.039584.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346666178.039584.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 57
  Evo 5 RS
Yeah probably works out with the same map about 190 ish I'd imagine. Only as Dynodynamics read 'differently'. Don't like the term under-read!

Stealth 438'd 182
only one way to find out :) place down the road from me in hinkley 'dynodaze' has a dynodynamics RR £30 for two power runs and print il take it down there soon when the gearbox is back together in the next couple of days and see what it does!

Evo 5 RS
Just don't read too much into it mate, if it drives well enough that's all that matters. You won't get much if any more out of it safely than what Matt can

Stealth 438'd 182
nah I won't, pulls really nicely great improvement over standard so either way im happy but I had it on their rollers before the cams so would be interested to see what the difference is on the same RR.. plus for £30 you cant go far wrong with that !

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Always nice to have an "independant" figure to back up the claims of the person doing the work, but as said its how it drives that really matters anyway.