ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

can buckled alloys be repaired??

B-road bully
hi i recently got a set of 5 oz f1 cups onlo to find 2 are buckled, can even feel it in the ride. ive already paid £200 for them at a breakers and ther acting lik hav dont want nothing to do with it, ive been quoted £70 for new ones, i cant seem to find anywhere who repairs buclked wheels. just pissed the fact ive been ripped off and have to spend more money!! i dont think i can colour code it anymore now :(

B-road bully
i might have to.. nothing seem to go right wen i mod my car. do u think i have any rights on compensation from the breakers, they tryin to say sold as seen but i obsiously couldnt tell they were buckled.

Alloy is soft and although some cowboys will bodge a repair in them its not worth the risk. They could fail without warning due to the stress' from the damage or subsequent repair.

Golf R/Leon FR
not sure if you could do anything tbh, you cant repair buckled wheels, will have to get new ones unfortunately

Turbos.
I know this is not going to help you but breakers are hardly businessmen. Should of asked for the alloys to be checked...

You need to replace them mate.

B-road bully
yeh ill guess i will, tho i still goin to take action on the wheels, beacuse i could of had an accident in them besides i payed 200 i atleast want some money refunded ill give them buckled wheels back.

The Beast MK4
I lost two of my TSW Razors recently to buckling. The shitty roads round about took their toll. However it means you can get a nice new set :D