ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Car Layout at FCS (specific colours)

I will be attending FCS in a..

• Total voters

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
I am starting to do some planning for the layout of the cars this year, as previous years there was basicly no planning and it just looked like a car park.
It's always very hard to plan anything because of limited staff/help on the day, and we usually have between 150 -200 cars.

All I need to know atm is some numbers for specific car colours that are 100% attending/have already bought tickets. Please don't vote if you are not planning to actually be on the cliosport stand or haven't fully decided if you'll be attending.

So for Yellow, this includes LY, Sunflower etc.
Blue, includes monaco, racing, albi etc.
Red, includes inferno, ultra, etc.

Swift Sport
Sounds like a plan providing we can get all the cars in place.

Edit, I've voted yet the poll indicates that I haven't :S

M2 Competition
Probably worth putting up polls for black and silver (to include white etc), just to see how many of those you'll have to contend with too Brian.

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
Probably worth putting up polls for black and silver (to include white etc), just to see how many of those you'll have to contend with too Brian.

Those colours don't feature in the logo, so they won't be part of this particular parking arangement.
We aren't simply putting cars into colours, only those specified.
If we did put all the cars in to their respective colour groups, the logo 'stripes' arangement would be lost.

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
There's a glitch with the poll, I've closed the poll until a technical genius can fix it :eek:

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
I feel left out now. :(

Can the Black/Gold's not line up and spell the words ClioSport.net? :approve:

172 cup
Me thinks there will be lots of Blues.
Does this mean anyone nto with those colours cant/wont be on the stand?

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
The plan all hinges on whether we get enough LY, as that's likely to be the one we'll struggle on.
If you don't have a colour that's specified in this thread, then off course you'll be on the cs stand, just not within this specific arangement.
I would have thought that'd be obvious tbh.

DB.

BMW 440i
You might aswell just have RB. So much better than the others. :rasp:

What are you thinking for the arrangement? Ive voted btw.

M2 Competition
The plan all hinges on whether we get enough LY, as that's likely to be the one we'll struggle on.
If you don't have a colour that's specified in this thread, then off course you'll be on the cs stand, just not within this specific arangement.
I would have thought that'd be obvious tbh.

I think what people are saying is, that if you know the number of other cars too, rather than just have a small display of the cs logo, you could try and do the entire stand as a design. Would look great from an aerial shot.

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
I think what people are saying is, that if you know the number of other cars too, rather than just have a small display of the cs logo, you could try and do the entire stand as a design. Would look great from an aerial shot.

We'll know the total number of cars we'll have to work with, from Mark.

The entire stand will be a 'plan' but we don't plan to put all the cars into colour formation.

It's A Reno
We'll know the total number of cars we'll have to work with, from Mark.

The entire stand will be a 'plan' but we don't plan to put all the cars into colour formation.

Are you going for an aerial shot?

Mustang, S13, AX GT
Get us black cars to spell cliosport and completely replicate the logo, go on you know you want too..

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
What are you thinking for the arrangement? Ive voted btw.

What I'm thinking is mentioned in the first post, basicly the yellow, blue, red feature in the cs logo so I thought we could try and replicate the 3 stripes with cars.

Another thing to remember is that we can't be too adventurous with the layout as the longer we are messing around with parking cars, there's the danger we'll end up with lots of clios queuing which in turn will disrupt the rest of the show.

I think what's planned is achievable with the minimum of disruption.

It's A Reno
If someone can get high enough without the use of a helicopter, then hopefully they'll take the odd pic.

If that is the case, I wondered if you could use a yellow wrap for the roofs (?) and bonnets to get the desired colour scheme.
Getting a lot of yellows is going to be tricky.

How many cars do you need?

Also, you could arrange an offsite rendevous and then convoy them onsite in colour blocks to reduce the onsite mayhem.

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
If that is the case, I wondered if you could use a yellow wrap for the roofs (?) and bonnets to get the desired colour scheme.
Getting a lot of yellows is going to be tricky.

How many cars do you need?

Also, you could arrange an offsite rendevous and then convoy them onsite in colour blocks to reduce the onsite mayhem.

Basicly, if we can't get enough yellows, it'll be scrapped and a new idea will be looked into. This thread is purely to guage numbers to see if it's even possible.
I plan to row up some cars at a local meet and work out what is the minimum required. I don't think yellow wraping the roof is an option (it would be cheating too)

If it doesn't happen at FCS, maybe try again at the CS10 meet/event (if/when it happens)

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
what kinda time are you gona want us there to begin the arrangment?

The gates open at 7am iirc. Not all blue, red, yellow cars will be placed in this, when we've filled the spaces to get the required affect any spare cars will simply be displayed else where on the stand.
It'll be first come, first serve. Unless you're yellow, then you're virtually guaranteed a position in this.

It's A Reno
I understand that technically speaking "disguising" cars as yellow is cheating, but it would be a shame to miss the chance for a pretty awesome pic.

Perhaps a persuasive PM to all yellow owners is in order.
You could bribe them with air fresheners and Love Hearts.

I also have an idea (that's been sucessfully used) for the aerial pic too.

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
I understand that technically speaking "disguising" cars as yellow is cheating, but it would be a shame to miss the chance for a pretty awesome pic.

Perhaps a persuasive PM to all yellow owners is in order.
You could bribe them with air fresheners and Love Hearts.

I also have an idea (that's been sucessfully used) for the aerial pic too.

There'll always be other opertunities.

I'm intrigued what your idea is - does it involve becoming a rocket man/iron man?

It's A Reno
There'll always be other opertunities.

I'm intrigued what your idea is - does it involve becoming a rocket man/iron man?

A large catapult, Revels and his camera and a space hopper.....oh, and a Bigmac to entice him onto the catapult.

It's A Reno
Another Owner's club that I sometimes frequent did some overhead pics for their 10th anniversary, and here's how.

They lined the cars up like so..

2713.gif

Then they deployed the secret weapon..

2732.gif

A tethered helium balloon with an R/C camera slung underneath it.

2754.gif

They postioned it like so..

2733.gif

And got this shot, which is pretty damned good.

2712.gif

It doesn't require a helicoptor or any great expense, just a bit of ingenuity.
IIRC, one of the admin team is into his photography and would find this to be an interesting challenge.

Just a suggestion.

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
Their 0 is on the piss.
Nice idea though, if there's any helium balloon, rc camera gadget people - apply within.
Sadly Dan's skills won't be available on this occasion.