ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Catalytic converter prices

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
Mad, How do they separate the materials or do the cats only contain one type?

Science innit.

Seriously though I’d imagine some sort of chemical refining process. Not seen it on these but went through a phase of watching people do it with gold and it usually involves chemicals/acids and then refining it down to a solution with the metal suspended in it which can then be separated

Megane 225 F1
Surely the ktec one is just a cheap cat used also then? I've kept the pipes and just sold the cat...I got 625 notes in aberdeen
Which scrappy in aberdeen did you use?I'm aberdeen based. Was this for a 182 cat or 172? Cheers

Megane 225 F1
Surely the ktec one is just a cheap cat used also then? I've kept the pipes and just sold the cat...I got 625 notes in aberdeen
Hi mate. Which scrappy in aberdeen did you use please?I have one to drop off tomorrow in aberdeen. Also was£625 for a 172 or 182 cat? cheers!

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
I'd be inclined to keep it and wait for a bit. Apparently the shortage of Rhodium is expected to peak in 2024.

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
I'd say it's been
Keep on to it for 3 more years?

By that time he could have sold the f**king cat, invested half into Bitcoin, sniffed the rest and probably still be quids in 😂

It's a cat not an 18th century 1kg diamond encrusted ring

If I had that ring I wouldn't have spent my evening upside down trying to wriggle tar mats in the voids of my boot lid!

Be interesting to come back to this thread in three years and see how clio cat prices have done against BTC.

Clio 182 cat £420 (?)
BTC £36620

Mark.B

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio cup 172
The original cat on my 172 cup is 100% coming off now, having something that's worth nearly 1/3 of the value of the car hanging underneath waiting for some scrote to chop it off is playing on my mind now 😬

Will swap it for a decat pipe to start with and see how noisy it is (it's a daily driver) I can always weld a sports cat in if it's too loud.

I'll keep the original in the garage until I can retire on its value 🤣

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
The original cat on my 172 cup is 100% coming off now, having something that's worth nearly 1/3 of the value of the car hanging underneath waiting for some scrote to chop it off is playing on my mind now 😬

Will swap it for a decat pipe to start with and see how noisy it is (it's a daily driver) I can always weld a sports cat in if it's too loud.

I'll keep the original in the garage until I can retire on its value 🤣

Sod the decat, just take it off and buy an eBay BM cat and scribe “haha” into it for if/when it does get nicked.

I can’t stand the smell of a decat car these days. Decat vs cheap cat is similar price too and no extra noise with a cat.

I’m old enough to remember when they became a legal requirement and at the time it was like it was this terrible thing for those of us that had our golf gti’s without them as std. now when I work on classics I hate it.

I have my two mobile tool carriers in my house at the moment and I’d taken them to a unit in my clio to fix a 246 Dino non start Friday. Got the car started in the unit and had it running no real time (due to the fumes) but I keep getting whiffs of the exhaust fumes sat here on the sofa just from the tool carriers being in the unit! Must be like an ex smoker hating smoke smell but it just smells so horrible to me these days and I seem super sensitive to it.

When I got my latest 172 it had a decat and I could smell it on my clothes, couldn’t wait to get a cat on. I drove the Dino about 10 miles Friday and couldn’t wait to get into the shower.