ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Catalytic converter prices

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
I sold mine at the start of the year for £320 (182 Cat) and replaced it with a PMS 200 cell sports cat which set me back £225. Seemed like a no brainer to me. Sent all the pictures to Tommy who bid me but he never paid up for some odd reason 🤷‍♂️ Must be a busy bloke. Sold it to a Terry Appleton in the end who paid me the same money. No hassle.

I didn't think PMS sold the 182 cat separately?

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
1607331803905.png

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
I didn't think PMS sold the 182 cat separately?

They will sell it separate, as i enquired about it a while ago. I think it's like £225 extra if you buy the exhaust system. But they wanted something like £350 for just the CAT (don't quote me on that price though it was a year ago i asked). But as my system is 2.25 sleeved, it wouldn't have fitted and would have needed modifying to work. So wasn't worth the cost.

I ended up getting one made up from a Magnaflow 200 cell universal cat (cost me £74), and a milltek decat (£38) i managed to pick up cheap on ebay.

Still got the original 182 CAT, i meant to sell it ages ago

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
Can’t you contact the guy on Facebook that’s been mentioned many times in this thread? Probably be the best guy to speak to (Tommy)

plees

ClioSport Club Member
  S/C Iceberg 172 Cup
Wether it’s of any use or help to anyone,

A friend of mine is 90% through building a website/ app to give cat prices via their code.

I believe he’s also buying them at that price but I’d have to confirm that.

👍🏻

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
i sold mine to a guy on facebook his name is something like zilvanius makleneesius just search on the facebook clio forums for cats and his name will be mentioned numerous times there, pays top money and replies quickly to messages.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Is that because he takes at least 3 weeks to reply 🙈
I just ring him until he answers🤷‍♂️😂 Plus his unit is 1 min from my mams and his house is only 15 mins away😂

I stopped buying and giving prices because whenever I did people got snotty with me that I was making £20 on them. I decided my time was worth more than £20, having people get all uppity with me because I didn't tell them their cats are worth a gazillion quid is grating😂

I might do something like that soon 😂

Been getting a bit twitchy about my 172 due to a few street's nearby being done recently 😬

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
Sold my Clio 182 cat today for £440. The inners were loose and moving around, so it was only going to break up over time and become useless.

R29TJR

ClioSport Club Member
  2005 RB 182 Cup
Sold my Clio 182 cat today for £440. The inners were loose and moving around, so it was only going to break up over time and become useless.

Where did you sell yours.

I've one in my garage I should sell on.

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
I've just sold my 172 cat so deciding what to replace it with...anyone got a genuine 172 cat for sale😂

On a serious note Ktec or Cheapo Ebay job?

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Cheap eBay jobbie for the MOT and a decat for the rest of the year.

Ph.2 cat must be pushing towards a grand now?

Dom_capper

ClioSport Club Member
  2012 Renault Clio
Is a 55 plate 1.3 petrol Yaris cat worth anything? I’ve got one (whole car) to fix up and punt on. Pretty sure it’s original exhaust so would it be worth selling the cat and fitting an eBay job?

R29TJR

ClioSport Club Member
  2005 RB 182 Cup
Guy on facebook called Žilvinas Maknevičius.

He did give me a business card with contact info should you not have facebook, that i can give you.

Thanks.

Found him.

How did the transaction work?

Did you post the CAT?

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
Thanks.

Found him.

How did the transaction work?

Did you post the CAT?

He's only 30 minutes from me so I just dropped it off and he paid me via PayPal friends and family. Quite a lot of people on the facebook groups use him though, I believe most post to him. I imagine he pays via PayPal upfront. So you'll have fees and postage off what you're getting

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
He pays paypal upfront then arranges a collection at his cost, mines being collected tomorrow

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
I've just sold my 172 cat so deciding what to replace it with...anyone got a genuine 172 cat for sale😂

On a serious note Ktec or Cheapo Ebay job?
Just spoke to Ktec about their sports cat, when pressed about their guarantee and MOTs they said 'should' pass they but only if very hot. Much confidence Invoked!

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Just spoke to Ktec about their sports cat, when pressed about their guarantee and MOTs they said 'should' pass they but only if very hot. Much confidence Invoked!

I had a ktec one on my R26 megane. It did eventually bring the EML on, but think it passed the MOT after a good ragging.

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
I had a ktec one on my R26 megane. It did eventually bring the EML on, but think it passed the MOT after a good ragging.
I'm just not sure it's worth over 3x the price of a BM catalysts Ebay special?

npt

BMW 320d- 172 cup
Surely the ktec one is just a cheap cat used also then? I've kept the pipes and just sold the cat...I got 625 notes in aberdeen

Eddie555

ClioSport Club Member
  Q7 2018 & 172 Cup.
Guy on facebook called Žilvinas Maknevičius.

He did give me a business card with contact info should you not have facebook, that i can give you.

Thanks @Darryl_1983 . I got in touch with Zilvinas today and dropped off my Cat and within 5mins £660 was deposited straight into my bank acc and I was on the way home.. Happy days

Edit: The picture below shows how it ends up..[emoji15]
f95ee9523012cc947c197e69730886f3.jpg

Last edited:

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
How much is that stuff worth if they pay so much for a cat [emoji1787]

Both primary cats on mine arn't even worth what a Clio one is ffs [emoji1787]

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Compare that to gold at a mere £1200 per ounce.

The main reason for the price hike is that rhodium used in cats only gets mined as a byproduct from platinum mining and there is no demand for platinum vs a huge demand in rhodium because of emissions laws getting stricter and stricter.