ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

chris1984's 172 cup

titanium 182
Right ive decided to start a progress thread on my clio 172 cup, i have owned the car now for around 6 weeks and im loving every moment! I have come across from the saxo side as most have after owning 7 saxo's in the past! My last one was a 02 plate, black vts with the usual mods and nitrous and was around 180bhp, heres a few pics for anyone that is interested:

Spec as follows:

ENGINE:

Raceland s/s 4-2-1 manifold
Ported and polished throttle body painted citroen black
Magnex backbox
Piper center section with silencer and de-cat
Enclosed carbon induction kit with cold air feed
Black sfs induction hose
JP4 Rocker covers
Mini red and chrome breather filter
Red and black citroen rocker cover gell badge
New alternator
New battery
Rad fan sprayed flame red
Cam belt ect done at 45k
Coil pack cover painted bright red
Wizards of nos nitrous kit with 11lb bottle
Won black night bottle heater
Won bottle guage and 50 bhp jets

Badass engine covers painted in citroen black including:

:Battery cover
:Large fuse box cover
:Fuse box cover small
:Cam belt cover
:Inlet mani cover
:Brake fluid cover
:Ecu cover

STYLING:

Momo team 280mm steering wheel and new boss kit
Team heco wind deflectors
Smoked headlights
Smoked fog lights
Chrome front indicator bulbs
MK1 rear lights
Nosey c*nt door badges
Doors de-vinaled
Dimma style grille
De-wipered rear
Rear badges t-cutted
Side repeaters smoked
Smaller ariel

HANDLING:

15 inch inovit rapid alloys with 195/45/15 tires
20mm spacers all round
Drilled and grooved front disks and mintex pads
Drilled and grooved rear disks and mintex pads
Brake calipers painted red
New drop-links
New drive- shafts
Lowered 60mm front on spax ( i think ) springs
Rear lowered 60mm
Spare wheel and cage removed

INTERIOR:

Standard interior
Kenwood Cd player
Jbl 6 b 9's

279.jpg

282.jpg

284.jpg

007.jpg

005.jpg

014.jpg

Anyway now im the proud owner of a 172 cup, 2 previous owners and only 44k on the clock!! It wasnt the best of starts as it was all chavved up like a bag of s**t but im slowly and shurely getting the old girl back on track!! This is what she looked like when i first bought her:

004-5.jpg

005-3.jpg

006-2.jpg

Arghhhhhhhhhh, wtf and had these bad boys on!!!

001-7.jpg

They soon got whipped off and replaced with a cheap e-bay set of mk1's i won for 99p! Im hunting for mk2's at the moment though, they are just temporary! So up next was to get the cambelt, waterpump, tentioners and idler done aswell as the clutch, gearbox oil and a full service. Then i found a set of turinis down near blackpool for a good price so drove down after work one night to collect them. Since then i have de-badged and de-wipered the rear, painted the front callipers blue, painted the front dimond and bullets anthracite to match the wheels and replaced the missing splitter with the old favourite fabia jobbie!! Here is a few latest pics i took on my phone, sorry about the quality!!

007-2.jpg

008-3.jpg

009-2.jpg

010-2.jpg

011-2.jpg

012-2.jpg

013-2.jpg

014-2.jpg

015-2.jpg

016-1.jpg

017-1.jpg

018-1.jpg

So next on the list is to fit a set of coilovers, new rear tyres and new disks and pads all round. At the moment im slowly starting to rectify the paintwork that has been neglected and washed with a wire brush by the looks of it for the last 8 years, lol!! Thanx for looking and any comments welcome......

titanium 182
Yeh mate i cant wait to lower it, hate the standard ride height! The exhaust was on it already when i bought it so im just going to leave it for now, wish the rear bumper hadnt been cut either so i could fit a stealth system, but never mind i will get there eventualy!!

172 Cup
Alright chris, you made the same jump as me vts to a cup, they are awesome out of the box these things. Got yours looking much better already ;)

titanium 182
Alright chris, you made the same jump as me vts to a cup, they are awesome out of the box these things. Got yours looking much better already ;)

Hi jimbo, yeh i was toying with the idea for a while so as soon as i had a go in 1 that was that and the sax had to go!! It was looking a bit like it had crashed through halfords when i got it but it is low milage and in good nick and the price was good so i looked past the lexus lights and stuff!! Wont be long and i should have a good update with it looking 10x better.

1eight2
Just noticed you were from Durham im from Teesside. Make sure you get to the next NE meet.

A drop on this car would look sick!

titanium 182
Just noticed you were from Durham im from Teesside. Make sure you get to the next NE meet.

A drop on this car would look sick!

Yeh hopefully i will be attending the next meet mate, get to know some of you. Im hoping it will be dropped on coilovers in the next week or two, cant wait tbh i hate the standard ride height!! Also got some ph2 rear lights coming next week to replace the tired looking ph1's on it now.

titanium 182
Thanx mate, yeh the painwork could do with a machine and the headlights correcting but apart from that its clean as fook! Dont have any plans for more power but after lowering it ive got a few nice subtle bits i want to add.

titanium 182
Well i havnt updated this for a while so i thought it was time, took some shitty pics on my phone the other day just to show what it looks like now, its been lowered on coilovers (raceland, yeh whatever, there not actually that bad and didnt have £500 to splash!) and grooved and drilled front disks and new pads, a clio sport s/s tow eye and also the proper rear lights, gone are the tired ph 1's! Looks alot better now imo, anyway heres the pics peoples!

029-1.jpg

028-1.jpg

027-1.jpg

026-1.jpg

031.jpg

030-1.jpg

013-3.jpg

012-3.jpg