ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chris's 172 Cup Turbo

cjgower

ClioSport Club Member
They should match well if the shade is well matched, spray out cards are used and it’s blended into the next panel. Often shops don’t mix their own paint and order without checking the shade. Had it a couple of times sadly. New vs old paint is sometimes very obvious though so a machine polish on the older panel is a good idea. As both panels are metal I would expect them to have a perfect match. Plastic to metal is different and does often have slight differences.
Thanks Graham, just confirming what I thought. It matches the wings more closely than the doors which is odd. They are going to do the doors too, and what I’ll be left with (hopefully) is immaculate paint on pretty much 80% of the car.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks Graham, just confirming what I thought. It matches the wings more closely than the doors which is odd. They are going to do the doors too, and what I’ll be left with (hopefully) is immaculate paint on pretty much 80% of the car.
That’s what ended up happening to me too, full respirated apart from the roof. Could have been avoided if the painter had got the base coat correct though

cjgower

ClioSport Club Member
The car is back from the paint shop, and I have sills again! exciting times.

It's also just passed it's MOT with no advisories so super happy with that.

Spent today giving it a clean after taking it out properly yesterday for the first time since August. Drives brilliantly with the fresh tyres, Cup suspension and new brakes.

Snapped some photos on the drive as didn't want to get it filthy again.

P1200499.jpg

Fresh tyres, brakes.

P1200486.jpg

Sills straightened and painted.

P1200498.jpg

P1200491.jpg

Rust treated around fuel filler cap.

P1200497.jpg

10mm spacers FTW!

P1200496.jpg