ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

-Rob

ClioSport Club Member
That colour is unreal! Swap for my cup :wink:

I couldn't swap this, it's likely to be a keeper even if the engine goes!

Must have missed this thread. That looks lovely. Wheels and Cup details really do finish it off a treat. Nice to see another round here.

Can polish my Megane if you like 😂
Thanks mate, it's a well specced car I just feel Turinis have been done to death (they do suit the Clios best though!) so will have to wait and see what changes are in store!

I would do but I'm nowhere near good enough to work on other people's cars yet, first car I've machine polished in 2 years - haven't even touched my M3!

Looks stunning in those photos, you must be knackered, but top work!

I'm shattered, hopefully my efforts will be worth it if the sun comes out tomorrow!

-Rob

ClioSport Club Member
So typical to British weather, it's overcast and spitting with rain. I thought I'd grab a few pictures so my efforts yesterday weren't gone to waste..

IMG_7515.JPG

IMG_7517.JPG

IMG_7519.JPG

IMG_7523.JPG

IMG_7521.JPG

Plenty of things left to do with the PB, just got to find the time to sort it all out..

-Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Spotted another rare RenaultSport whilst shopping.. I've tried to buy this Sunflower before but she'll never sell it.

IMG_7533.JPG

I went for a drive last night in the Clio, really enjoying the characteristics of the car and what it has to offer. Can't fault the smiles per mile!

One thing I have noticed is that I can't drive anywhere without being goaded into pushing it!
IMG_7546.JPG

(Excuse the green sidelight - they still haven't sent a new one)

Done a deal on the new wheels for it;
What colour should I go for?

Bare in mind they're summer/track wheels.

Top choices for me are;
Bright Silver
Satin black
Satin bronze

-Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Sounds like that sunflower could be not a million miles away from me, will keep my eyes peeled when I am out and about!
Car looks great, love petrol blue such an unusual colour :up:

Where abouts are you? I've seen it go to the shops once a week and that's about it!

Petrol blue gets all the comments, went to the main dealer and most of the sales guys were asking about it too. Spoke to a salesman that sold a Petrol Blue 182 brand new and he owned a LY for 5 years.. quite bizarre!

45!!! That's very good going :up: there could be some wheel awesomeness there however!

It lasted until I was 20 miles from home, the wheels are a nice set. Trial fitment tomorrrow!

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Where abouts are you? I've seen it go to the shops once a week and that's about it!
Petrol blue gets all the comments, went to the main dealer and most of the sales guys were asking about it too. Spoke to a salesman that sold a Petrol Blue 182 brand new and he owned a LY for 5 years.. quite bizarre! It lasted until I was 20 miles from home, the wheels are a nice set. Trial fitment tomorrrow!
I am just south of Cambridge but am often driving round always on the look out for Renault's 😂 I wonder what the mileage is, looks original as well :up: Looking forward to seeing what wheels you are thinking, are you going to sell the turinis?

-Rob

ClioSport Club Member
I am just south of Cambridge but am often driving round always on the look out for Renault's 😂 I wonder what the mileage is, looks original as well :up: Looking forward to seeing what wheels you are thinking, are you going to sell the turinis?
It's around 120,000 I think - can check on the MOT database.
The Turinis will stay as they have nearly new PS3's on them and will be ideal for winter.

-Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Rain didn't stop me today;

IMG_7567.JPG

So I set about a couple of things that have been bugging me - first off I had a lot of exhaust rattle because of the heat shields becoming loose/falling apart. I managed to sheer 3/4 bolts I took off but still managed to salvage enough of the thread to get purchase on and washers to hold it in place. With the heat shields in place I decided the Yozzasport deserved better positioning.

IMG_7569.JPG

IMG_7570.JPG

Whilst the positioning of the exhaust isnt as bad as some I've seen - it needed sorting out.

This picture shows what "enthusiast owned" means..
IMG_7571.JPG

And the other exhaust mount didn't look much better either.

IMG_7572.JPG

So I set about cutting the old mounts apart ready for these from Powerflex. I was in two minds as to get the black series bushes but I think all exhausts need a bit of movement and my engine mounts aren't the best so didn't want to risk cracking the exhaust.

IMG_7577.JPG

Quick coating of fairy liquid and pressed in with a vice and a flat piece of metal.

Next up was re aligning the Yozzasport. I must have been outside in the rain for two hours bending the exhaust brackets into place so it sat right!

Eventually I got there, I'm 90% happy with my efforts on this one.

IMG_7573.JPG

IMG_7574.JPG

It's about 2/3 mm higher on the left than the right but they are central after wrestling with the mount!

A quick underside picture..

IMG_7575.JPG

And a quick before and after in comparison -

9B7BAF95-EDF4-460B-B856-26CCCE8F875F.jpg

It also shows two of the many shades of Petrol Blue!

-Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Bit of a strange comment to make when the previous owners are still very active on here which you know about. Could have easily been from years ago. Very odd comment to make.

Very tongue in cheek comment Dan, I know it's a common repair on the exhaust hangers and it's something I highlighted to myself when purchasing the car which is why I've sorted it.

Not a dig at any previous owners as I know what they've both done to the car with receipts to prove it.

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
It's around 120,000 I think - can check on the MOT database.
The Turinis will stay as they have nearly new PS3's on them and will be ideal for winter.
Didn't realise the reg was on the pic, it's only done 94,464 as of 29th Jan this year so lowish miles :up:
Good idea on the turinis, perfect for winter with the PS3's on, look forward to the seeing the new wheels

That's a good effort with the exhaust, can see a definite improvement there....... those red powerflex bushes are what I bought for mine too, they work well I think. Didn't want the more hardcore black ones either.

Flamer Barn Find
Looks lovely! I've got a PB also, looking out for a set of Turinis for it. Still can't decide if I like the colour or not!

-Rob

ClioSport Club Member
I offered up my brothers BBS RC's from his Abarth up against the Clio (17") just to get an idea of what it'll look like..

IMG_7554.JPG

So I pulled the trigger and went to pick up these..

Had the wheels for a week and I've only just done a trial fit. Tyres will be binned as will the colour.. may even sell the wheels yet - I'm undecided.

IMG_7614.JPG

IMG_7615.JPG

IMG_7616.JPG

IMG_7617.JPG

Silver with AD08R tyres is what I'm thinking...

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Sorry but I don't like those. Don't know why you'd go bigger on the clio! 15s are perfect. Cheap tyres, feel better on the road.

I think it hinges on what colour they might go.... silver does sound much better than what's on there now

..... but it would be a hard task indeed to better those Turini's on it though! :smile:

Flamer Barn Find
I like those - I suppose because they're not 2118's, TD's or Turinis people won't be too sure of them...

-Rob

ClioSport Club Member
For me it's not the pattern, I think the style is cool it's just the size of them. It reminds me of people sticking 18" wolfrace Halfords alloys on their corsa C.

I thought the same to be honest, I'm sure the colour isn't doing them any favours either. The centre caps should help though..

For example the same style of wheel on my M3 -
IMG_7619.PNG

I like those - I suppose because they're not 2118's, TD's or Turinis people won't be too sure of them...

Something a bit different, outside of the box. Lighter and stronger than all of them which is why I got them.

Renault Twingo 133
I don't know Why but im a massive fan of them... especially id you get them resprayed in silver. Something different than the usual 2118, turini of TD 1.2

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
I have done a photoshop of the silver wheels incase you hadn't seen one, I think they could work and nice to see something different, if you want me to throw it up here just let me know or otherwise I will send through on PM for you to see anyway :up:

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
why would you swap those turinis for anything else? They are and always will be the perfect wheel for a mk2 clio.