ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

-Rob

ClioSport Club Member
I would just keep it on Turinis unless you plan on lowering it further. The arch gap really shows on those aftermarket wheels?

I thought it looked a bit arch gappy, but I had just jacked it up and changed the wheels over - didn't have any time to settle. It will be dropped on coilovers soon I'd have thought.

I don't know Why but im a massive fan of them... especially id you get them resprayed in silver. Something different than the usual 2118, turini of TD 1.2

They are something different, but is different good?

I have done a photoshop of the silver wheels incase you hadn't seen one, I think they could work and nice to see something different, if you want me to throw it up here just let me know or otherwise I will send through on PM for you to see anyway :up:

Awesome, that would be appreciated. Post it on up!

why would you swap those turinis for anything else? They are and always will be the perfect wheel for a mk2 clio.

The BBS have better fitment with no spacers. They're lighter and stronger. I just like the idea of something a bit different. Turinis have been overdone and for good reason though!

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
See what you think of the attached, should give you an idea :up:

40472935462_c97c607ff6_b.jpg

Jamess182

ClioSport Club Member
I thought it looked a bit arch gappy, but I had just jacked it up and changed the wheels over - didn't have any time to settle. It will be dropped on coilovers soon I'd have thought.

Fair point. Even still, arch gap isn't too much of an issue when it's sitting on the standard alloys, as you can just claim you're going for the OEM look!

oVerboost.

South West
ClioSport Area Rep
  Clio 182 LY
😧 How come your selling?! Super rare colour, looks a very tidy example and they're simply brilliant to drive. GLWTS but don't make the mistake I did twice, and sell my Clio's only to miss them a couple of months down the line (hence I'm now back in my 3rd lol).

-Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Yep, you'll definitely regret it. Why so soon?
I know I'll regret it as I'll never find another like this, that's why I bought it to begin with.

What why??
I'll be honest. I bought the Clio to replace my rather special M3. I decided to revert my M3 to standard and sell on that way. I can't come to sell it. The Clio is being sold for the very reason it was bought

I'd buy it at the price Gus sold it at a year ago :wink:
I have no idea what Gus sold it for?

That’s a shame, was enjoying reading these updates! Glws
Thanks mate, it hasn't sold yet. Plenty of time for me to do more modifications and tidy it up some more!

😧 How come your selling?! Super rare colour, looks a very tidy example and they're simply brilliant to drive. GLWTS but don't make the mistake I did twice, and sell my Clio's only to miss them a couple of months down the line (hence I'm now back in my 3rd lol).
Its been looked after and I hope I've done it justice. I've enjoyed driving it and I will do until the time it's sold. I was faced with the prospect of selling my M3 and I just can't. In a realistic world I'd keep both but I need an estate for dog duties and for carrying around house materials come Autumn.

Looks fantastic and your local (well I'm just by St.Ives) so not far from March.

I'm after a Clio 182 / 200 as a fun daily that I can eventually get set for fast road / moderate track when not using other toys.

If your in the area towards the end of the month and car hasn't sold I'll drop you a message as could potentially sort a deal to keep it fairly local cared for. I'm away next 2 weeks so possible you'll have found a buyer by then anyway either way good luck and it looks great!

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Good luck with the sale, hopefully it finds another good home, looks great :up:

Sorry to see this but can totally understand those reasons why, the E46 M3 is a brilliant car, my Dad had one............ best of luck with the sale, with the condition and mods etc, should be a quick one!

-Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Good luck with the sale. Awesome car for that money.
Thanks man. I don't think there's a more capable, fun car than the Clio 182, especially for the price they are!

Looks fantastic and your local (well I'm just by St.Ives) so not far from March.

I'm after a Clio 182 / 200 as a fun daily that I can eventually get set for fast road / moderate track when not using other toys.

If you're genuinely interested I'll take a deposit, St Ives isn't far at all - used to be a Postman there for a while! Car isn't available until later this month so could work out?

Good luck with the sale, hopefully it finds another good home, looks great :up:

Thank you, hopefully it does.

Sorry to see this but can totally understand those reasons why, the E46 M3 is a brilliant car, my Dad had one............ best of luck with the sale, with the condition and mods etc, should be a quick one!

They're both massive drivers cars, just great at different things. The Clio feels more on the edge at road legal speeds and makes for a more entertaining daily without a doubt and value for money can't be beaten!

Thanks i’ll have a think. Have got my eye on several Renaults at moment.

Just debating what route to take whether bog standard, slightly modded, etc my RS Megane I threw £9k into anyway within 8 weeks before someone made me a to good to refuse offer.

I’m home around midnight before away till Sunday will drop you a PM

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
I'm a bit 50/50 with that, as after it's been sold it's not 'my' car anymore - that said, if its in exactly the same or even better condition, no issue of course. If it's gone downhill I mean, I couldn't do it!
Agreed. I apply the same rule to cars as jobs, never go back!
Rob selling this will definitely be a regrettable mistake.