ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clamps/cat seal ring on 182?

Clio 182 Cup
Its blowing in two places; after checking it while running on a ramp.

At the downpipe/decat connection - Is there a rubber seal ring here that may have failed? The spring clamps seem to be tight enough

At the decat/mid section connection - Using the 'two C shapes' style clamps but I cannot get it to seal properly even with gun gum plastered over the two bugle ends...

Any suggestions would be appreciated - Just bought a BTB and its driving me nuts that I cannot hear it properly :dapprove:

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Mine is doing this also, I've caked the join in Exhaust Putty but still seems to blow

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
I will when he gets back to me LOL

Exhaust, Tires and Tracking!!

Sunflower & Golf Mk6 BMT
There is no rubber ring, I dont think a rubber ring would be able to stand the operating temps.

On the 182 there is a large metal tapered ring that fits between the mani and the cat. I took mine apart and sealed it with exhaust paste and that seemed to work although it still blew a little bit. Worth a shot.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Think I will jack mine up and just undo it all and paste up all the joins, It seesm better since I caked it in Putty but didn't undo very much of it so I'll do that soon

Clio 182 Cup
Bought a 50mm rubber donut (lol) from Halfrauds gunna try sandwiching it between the bugle ends before clamping

Clio 182 Cup
I should think that'll melt/burn. Cats get up to around 800 degs C.
Im gunna give it a shot anyways, if all else fails im just gunna clean it up, and push mid section forward as much as poss to keep pressure on the two blowing bits, retighten where it connects to the back boxes and use 6 tins of gun gum on it :D

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Anyone recomend a Good Silicone that is readily available?? Been pissing me off for ages now!!