ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 cup rally/race/track car

dan's cast offs.
Agreed on that, i ordered 2 lines and it took well over 7 days for a stock item to be delivered and still needed work despite being 'plug and play'

they will of been the correct length, just not for a clio though :tongueclosed:

Audi rs3/Clio 172cup
engine in and got rid of abs pump at the same time. the fitting wasn't that bad but to be honest i'd never have anything from them again. it was only down to the fact we had waited so bloody long for them and the car was booked to be logbooked that stopped them from getting sent back.

bit of a pain bringing the line into the car, ended up doing it just to the side of the column.

Yeah that is a joke really. I only ordered them because it's meant to make my life easier. Did you get the bulk head fittings for the rear?
And was this on Robs car?

Audi rs3/Clio 172cup
Who made them? Where can I get one? How much are they?

Ta
BW
IMG_2258.PNG

There you go

Audi rs3/Clio 172cup
Tank guard picked up, I got fibreglass one as the car will only be doing tarmac events,
Still feels pretty strong, and it bolts in to the original mounts
IMG_2288.JPG

Sorted a few bits out with the dash so I can make some space to mount my kill switches and extinguisher pull cords

Fag lighter in the dash
IMG_2283.JPG

OBD port now in the dash

IMG_2285.JPG

Still need to get the passnager side front poly window in. Rears and drivers are fitted

IMG_2287.JPG

The sparco seats sold last night. Now I need to find some new seats, I've also got a spare dash that I need to send to get flocked but I haven't had time to cut it around the cage yet.

More progress coming soon. Couple of weeks and it will be ready to get logbooked

Audi rs3/Clio 172cup
If any one is wondering how to fit front poly windows.

I've tek screwed the bottom in, from the inside, pushing the window to the outside of the body work and have used silicone on the bottom outside seal.

Very easy to do, glass window and motor out, and poly window in, with door card back on in 10 minutes
IMG_2308.JPG
IMG_2309.JPG

Audi rs3/Clio 172cup
I now have everything I need to finish the car to msa rally spec.

Just need to get some free time to fit it all.

Picked up my new HRX seats tonight, almost identical to the sparco circuits, but a fraction of the price.
IMG_2571.JPG

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
Comfiest seats ever. Got them in my clio.
HRX harnesses are excellent too

Audi rs3/Clio 172cup
Comfiest seats ever. Got them in my clio.
HRX harnesses are excellent too

I tried them on Saturday morning. Then went to demon tweeks, tried every seat there and only one seat compared really, and they were almost twice the price.

Take it you got them off Bryn too?

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
No I got them direct from HRX after doing a deal for seats, harnesses and side mounts with them at last year's Autosport show. Bryn has only started dealing them this year.

Audi rs3/Clio 172cup
Fitted the new seats, took ages to get them where I want them and I'm still not completely happy with the seating position.
IMG_2689.JPG

Fire extinguishers plumbed in with the new hand held fitted too.

Pull cords fitted. But I need another plastic trim.
I drilled this one wrong.
IMG_2694.JPG

Still need to fit sump and tank guard, and need the auto elect to wire the kill switch and some horn and intercom switches.

Audi rs3/Clio 172cup
IMG_2832.JPG
IMG_2834.JPG

Took the seats out again and re fitted them. Now I'm happy with how they sit.
They could go slightly lower but at the minute it's not worth the new subframes to do it.

Road wheels on, just waiting on a few quotes from insurance company's. I'm not even going to do a 1000 miles a year in it. But it's better than taking it for a blast up the street on competition only tyres.

Still a few little bits to sort, I'm off a few days this week so should have it somewhere near.

Audi rs3/Clio 172cup
IMG_2874.JPG
Update time.

I insured the car and drove it on the road for the first time ever......
It was horrible. The gaz suspension was either to hard or to bouncy. So I bought some bilstein b14's.

In the mean time I've fitted my pms sump guard, tank guard and hydro hand brake with a mounting plate.
I also bought amd fitted a pms exhaust. Hopefully in the next year I'll get the pms manifold to match.
The exhaust is considerably quieter than what I had before but still sounds good. Only at age thing is that the car feels like it's holding back now. There used to be a lot more power lower down in the rev range to what it feels like now.

I still need to wire up the cut offs and horn. But they're the only things stopping it from being msa log booked.
IMG_3168.JPG

IMG_3174.JPG

IMG_3178.JPG

IMG_3170.JPG

Audi rs3/Clio 172cup
Bilstein B14 fitted. Don't know how I feel about them. Fell ok down the lanes but bump steers quite a bit. After 90mph the front lifts and the steering goes really light, it might be because of how high the car is and the sumpguatd is getting air under it.

IMG_3234.JPG
IMG_3236.JPG
IMG_3238.JPG
IMG_3239.JPG

Audi rs3/Clio 172cup
The car is finally finished to get msa log booked.

Electric cut off and switches all wired in this week
IMG_3486.JPG

Me and my brother took the cars to three sisters in Wigan for a blast yesterday.

We both killed a set of tyres. My brother had a blow out on the fastest bend and put his into the tyre wall. Luckily all he needs is a new light and bumper.

The clio went well after we sorted the tyre pressures out. First session the tyres got to hot and I could get any grip anywhere.
I'm going to change the front springs on the bilsteins to 450 lbs as it was to soft.

IMG_3470.jpg

IMG_3491.JPG
IMG_3492.JPG
IMG_3493.JPG
IMG_3466.JPG
IMG_3469.JPG

Last edited:
  Audi rs3/Clio 172cup
The car is finally finished to get msa log booked.

Electric cut off and switches all wired in this week
View attachment 1345567

Me and my brother took the cars to three sisters in Wigan for a blast yesterday.

We both killed a set of tyres. My brother had a blow out on the fastest bend and put his into the tyre wall. Luckily all he needs is a new light and bumper.

The clio went well after we sorted the tyre pressures out. First session the tyres got to hot and I could get any grip anywhere.
I'm going to change the front springs in the bilsteins to 450 lbs as it was to soft.

View attachment 1345570
View attachment 1345571 View attachment 1345572 View attachment 1345573 View attachment 1345568 View attachment 1345569

Akay

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman Cooper S
Cars looking and going well mate!

Can you remember what size/length tek screws you used for the front polys? Going to pinch that and order some!

Audi rs3/Clio 172cup
Cars looking and going well mate!

Can you remember what size/length tek screws you used for the front polys? Going to pinch that and order some!
Cheers mate.

Mine are slightly bodged. And I do want to change the screws I have.

I think I used 25mm screws. But in the middle of the window I've got the screw, screwed into a 5mm packer that's pushed against the poly.

Ideally you need a few different lengths or use rivnuts.