ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 cup upgrades?

Clio 172 cup ' (:
Hi guys ' Jusy bought a 2003 clio 172 cup :) Its all standard except a cheap cone fillter fitted onto. As with everyone money is tight but i want to make some mods to make the clio run a little faster :) Can you guys reccomend and help me were to start ? Im only 18 so not really been in the game long :) Thanks , Kyle williams

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
The cheap cone filter is probably causing "heat-soak" and actually costing you power, personally, get a standard airbox and run it to factory specification as Renault intended it.

Just enjoy it for what it is, as you said moneys tight, normally asspirated engine's arent cheap to realise gains from, spend your money on track days and or tuition and exploit the car for what it was built for

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
In the wanted section put up that you are looking for a standard airbox from a 172 Cup, although i am pretty sure all the 172 airboxes are the same as the engines are no different!

182 cup
Recently sold my standard airbox in favour of a cone filter. Car sounds so much more aggressive now and im not bothered about heatsoak, I much prefer the 'vtec' sound change at 5200!!

Clio 172 cup ' (:
Recently sold my standard airbox in favour of a cone filter. Car sounds so much more aggressive now and im not bothered about heatsoak, I much prefer the 'vtec' sound change at 5200!!

Ahh see this is what i also like !! My exhaust is blowing what back box should i buy ?

PH1 V6
Buy a k tec stealth exhaust, if your on a budget then £230 will see you a full cat back mild steel stealth replacement. The standard exhausts are crap, infact mine fell off yesterday and now sounds like a poorly V8 lol, im waiting for k tec to deliver an exhaust to me today!

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
It doesnt sound chavvy, its not overly intruisive at cruising speeds on the motorway either, get the hammer down and it opens it right up with a throaty growl.

Its probably the best purchase ive ever made with regard to cars, atleast on my 172 anyway

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I've had a Ktec stealth. Not great, but they are cheap. Bit boomy, doesn't fit great and f**king heavy (a lot seem to sag near the centre section).
The yozza/Btb stealth systems are vastly better, but approx £400. You do get what you pay for though.

The ph1 172 airbox is different to the ph2, get the v6 airbox if possible.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
I've had a Ktec stealth. Not great, but they are cheap. Bit boomy, doesn't fit great and f**king heavy (a lot seem to sag near the centre section).
The yozza/Btb stealth systems are vastly better, but approx £400. You do get what you pay for though.

I've noticed this with mine, I think a Yozza is calling me...

ash_s3

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup
BTB is the one to go for if you want a top quality system which doesnt sound like a bean can, read the reviews/comments on here. Not a bad word about them, unlike Yozza and KTec

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
BTB is the one to go for if you want a top quality system which doesnt sound like a bean can, read the reviews/comments on here. Not a bad word about them, unlike Yozza and KTec
What problems with the yozza?? Faultless quality.