ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 172 drive train noise can anyone help ????

clio sport 172
hi looking for a bit of advice because im banging my head against a wall and im running out of ideas. I have a 52 plate clio sport 172 and under acceleration on a left hand turn there is - well its hard to define what it is - it sort of sounds like a chattering / whirring noise and a vibration. I've had the drivers side drive shaft reconditioned ( twice :mad: ) as i suspected that the inner joint had not been done the first time yet it is still the same. Have changed both bottom ball joints, changed wheels round, different tyres, have changed gearbox oil to synthetic yet nothing has made the slightest difference. There is no noise or vibration when turning a right hand bend only on the left. The harder i seem to accelerate out of a left bend the louder the noise and the vibration intensifies!!! Please can anyone offer any advice i'd be very very grateful :)

clio sport 172
well all mounts were checked last night and all seem fine. Had a good go over everything and noticed that the camber is out ( drivers side was -1 and n/s was +1 ) upon further inspection i noticed that the drivers side has had a new wishbone recently (not by me i've just bought it) and its a shot in the dark but is there any difference in clio wishbones possibly thinking they may have fitted the wrong one i dont know are standard clio wishbones the same as a sport??? i really am clutching at straws now as i've got a rally in less than a fourtnight and i cant drive it as it is!!!!!

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
Mine did exactly this, I changed the upper box mount and it solved most of the accel/hard LH cornering noise, and then undid the upper engine mount and pulled the engine as far forward as it would go then did it back up - happy days so far. It's like a different car.

The chocolate mounts are going to last about 5 minutes if you're rallying though!